Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Five years ago, today.  (Read 1773 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Was the first day of my forced retirement. Seemed like a bad thing at the time but I think it worked out OK. Would have liked to have paid off a few more bills, first ,but we came out all right.
      I should probably have a beer tonight to celebrate. You folks have one, too.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes you should have a beer or three.  That is about when I retired too.  I may be 6 years in.  I will have a cocktail in your honor.   :sleazy:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't have to twist my arm, congrats TT  :toast:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Congrats TT. I'LL  wait till tomorrow to have that 8-10 beers! :happy1:

Oct 1 it will be 4 years when I was forced to retire. Like you I was pretty PO'ed but loving it.  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats TT!!   been over 10 years for me!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Congrats tt! Hope it's OK if I'm having a G&T fer ya.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: August 08/29/24, 08:42:32 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Congrats…all you old farts.

I’m hoping to retire at 50…in 6 years.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Thanks, fellas. I still get emails for jobs. I tell them that I've found fishing and drinking beer more fun than working. One gal told me she is looking forward to retirement. In 45 years.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats TT, it was four years ago yesterday for me. Wish I could have done it 20 years ago, LOL :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
mm

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Been almost a year for me since I injured my back and more or less retired. I miss it sometimes but I have more than enough to do here at home. I still keep in touch with a few of my old coworkers.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, congrats TT. It was 2011, November 18th to be exact, when I told 'em no thanks to a new job where I'd spend all day in a lab dressed from head to toe in a Tyvek suit. I was 56 & never looked back. :happybounce: :party3:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, congrats TT. It was 2011, November 18th to be exact, when I told 'em no thanks to a new job where I'd spend all day in a lab dressed from head to toe in a Tyvek suit. I was 56 & never looked back. :happybounce: :party3:
I don't miss spending 12 hours shifts wearing a tool pouch, hard hat, ear plugs, safety glasses, gloves, a radio and an oxygen sensor.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: here's to all us old retired pharts! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
will be a nice fire here tomorrow too!!!   enjoy buddy!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice Glenn.  Tomorrow here too, we need to burn some wood. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That nice westerly breeze helped me get rid of a couple extra pcs of the driveway deadfall yday too. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Iffin any body needs some firewood, I just had 8 trees taken down. Free for the taking.