Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Crappie bite on Minnewaska is HOT!  (Read 5443 times)

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Just an update on the Minnewaska bite...

Crappie bite is really hot in the Torgy's bay and also Starbuck Marina.  There are a pile of boats down from Lakeside Ballroom as well...must be catching something.

Some boats coming in are reporting catching more than 100 fish and just holding out for the 12 inchers.  Nice crappies!

#6 bare aberdeen hook or a pinki Troo Floo are working great as well as a Fat Boy.  I think they will bite on just about anything as agressive as they are. 

Many fish still holding out at 8 to 9 ft. but with the warm weather I would expect that they are moving in to shore.

Kyle
Fish On...and on...and on...and on!

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
awsome report... might be worth a trip Sunday!
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Went out this weekend with the maiden voyage of the Warrior...nice boat!  Too nice for me but I will try to put up with it.  ;D

We didn't catch 100 crappies but I bet we landed around 70...give or take a few slabs.

There were some other boats really hauling them in...2 or 3 on the lines some times.  Fun to watch as everyone was just having a hoot.

The bite definately picked up around 4 and 5 pm but you can easily start at any time during the day and catch you limit.  Sizes ranged but we kept plenty of 10 and 12 inchers.

Troo Floo tipped with a minnow is working best...but they are aggressive and will hit most anything.

Get out and fish!

Kyle

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
The Crappie Bite it still the major attraction on Minnewaska.  50 to 100 fish caught per boat is not uncommon with the 10 to 12 inchers being the nice ones to keep.

Troo Floo (pink & white) tipped with a minnow is still the hot item.  However the bite is aggressive so most options will work.

Fish are moving in more shallow...3 to 5 feet is good right now and the fishing from shore is an option.  Pack the wife and kids up and throw in the picnic basket...it's going to be a nice weekend!

Kyle