Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ruffed Grouse Society Fund raising Sporting Clays Shoot /sat, june 2nd....  (Read 1596 times)

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey everyone! There's a fund raising sporting clays shoot for the Twin-city chapter of The Ruffed Grouse Society this Saturday, June 2nd at Wild Marsh Sporting Clays near Big Lake MN.  They've been doing this for a few yrs. now, and its a great family event!  The info I have is the Shoot itself is at 10am sharp, but there are 4 different shooting  games like: the grouse walk, grouse flurry etc. that start at 8ish and continue after the main shoot.  The Main event is 100 targets on their walk around course, which meanders thru the woods and feilds.  There is Lunch,shooting and door prizes also....Im not sure on the price, but its about $65 and the procedes go to benifit habitat for grouse and woodcock. Its a Fun event put on by some great people at a great place, for a great price, and a really good cause...Get there early!!! contact Wild Marsh Sporting Clays at 320-743-4960/ www.wildmarshsportingclays.com for directions.  RGS is putting on the event, but  im sorry I dont have the contact's # but you may get more info if you google twin cities chapter of the RGS.....IT"LL BE A BLAST!!!       -thunderpout 8)

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I was going to post a few of the scores from the shoot, but Wild Marsh hasnt posted the scores yet on there site....The RGS shoot was fun as heck as always!  Besides the 100 rd. course, they also had some great sooting "games" like, the grouse walk, where they randomly launch clays from behind you as you walked through tall pine trees. The Woodcock Flury, where you and a partener teamed up on six clays thrown at once in the air, two of them being "poison" clays tht would deduct points if hit, and if that werent enough, you had four seconds to toss two more shells in your gun before the second six clays were launched!  Way too much fun....I won a ton of cool stuff from those games and they had alot of food at the cookout aftrwards.....Its one of the cheaper tourneys over the summer, alot of bang for the buck....and the people there are definatly more of the hunter type than some shoots.  And most importantly, the money made goes to a great cause...improving our states habitat and forrests.  All you MNO hunters should sopport RGS and check out the shoot next year.....-thunderpout 8)