Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Minnewaska 7-25-07  (Read 5519 times)

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Minnewaska 7-25-07.......Fish On Bait and Sport

Water temps are up to 79F during the day.  Marked some bigger fish between 16 and 24 feet but ran #7 shad raps at 12.5 feet just above the weed line in several locations...just bass and pike.  Reports of some walleyes off School Point.  Caught close to 30 walleys between Priest's Point and School Point at end of June but nothing over 16 inches.  Caught close to 15 walleyes with Dad on Father's Day near Swenson Point with the largest being 20.5 inches and kept 8 fish 16 inches and better.

Panfish bite is great...7 to 8 ouncers can be caught just about anywhere in 12 to 16 feet of water...really nice sunnies!  Picked up a few crappies with shad raps!

Bass and Pike can be caught just about anywhere.

Should be a really nice weekend...get out and fish!

Fish On... and on...and on...and on!

Kyle

Offline Iceberg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
How low is the water at the beach landing? how about the DNR Landing?

Family reunion this weekend (Along with Busterama!! What a circus that will be) and I need to bring the boat to take the kids out fishing.
A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead

Offline LandDr

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Well...missed that post.  For some reason I don't get notified of new posts and replys...working on getting that fixed.

But I will respond even though it is after Bustarama...

The DNR landing is much better and no problem getting the big boats in and out...really great shape.  Parking there is more limited however.  Docks are well bumpered and good on fiberglass boats.

Beach landing is low but I can still get my 18 ft. Warrior in and out however I have used the DNR landing the last two times.  Smaller boats are easy in and out.  Good parking as well.

Walleyes are there but taking more time to find.  Our best spots have been in really shallow...3.5 to 5 feet.  The flats out in front of the HSchool as well as out from the beach have produced alot of walleyes in the 15 to 16 inch range with the occassional 17 to 20 incher.  19.5 was my biggest earlier this week.

Bass and pike everywhere as always.

The sunnies are still HOT.  Nice 7 to 8 ouncers just about anywhere in the lake at 12 to 16 feet of water.  These are really nice sunnies and they are not hard to catch.

Kyle
Fish On...and on...and on...and on!

Offline Iceberg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Kyle,
I stopped in to see you Friday afternoon of Waterama, and picked up some bait for the kids, but you weren't around. I never even put my boat in the water, there was 2 other boat at the cabin so we used those. Besides the landings were pretty busy, and I am one of those guys that Just can't back a trailer very well, even though I practice in parking lots all the time ::hittingself:: ::hittingself::

Maybe I'll stop in to say hi over deer hunting

See ya later
A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
Margaret Mead