Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: A Challenge  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
I am issuing a challenge to the fellow archery bow owners on this site.
It's actually quite easy. Take your bow to the game fair (must be cased) and take a tour of the 3-D target shoot and see who does the best. From what I can tell by the Game Fair web site you will get a scorecard to keep track of you score. Remember...Only ONE MULLIGAN per round!  ;D
Winner gets bragging rights on this board until he/she loses at the next event, were-ever that may be.
They have a lockup site so you don't have to carry your bow around all day. I'll be there tomorrow (8-10-07) about noon. Unless it's raining.
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Thats a great idea Slick..... I will be at the Game Fair on Friday or Saturday myself.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
I am issuing a challenge to the fellow archery bow owners on this site.
It's actually quite easy. Take your bow to the game fair (must be cased) and take a tour of the 3-D target shoot and see who does the best. From what I can tell by the Game Fair web site you will get a scorecard to keep track of you score. Remember...Only ONE MULLIGAN per round!  ;D
Winner gets bragging rights on this board until he/she loses at the next event, were-ever that may be.
They have a lockup site so you don't have to carry your bow around all day. I'll be there tomorrow (8-10-07) about noon. Unless it's raining.
i'll be there tomorrow... i'll pm you my cell... give me a call, i'll try to get over there with you.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Hey great idea Slick.  I don't know what day I can swing out there but I really want to do this.  This will be 2 birds with one stone for me.  I've yet to go to Game Fair  ::hittingself:: (I know I know) and I've yet to shoot on a 3 D course. 

GAME ON!!   

or should I say -- GAME FAIR ON   ;D

Grute  ::dancinred::
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Big Slick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008 & 2011 MNO Fishing Challenge Champs!
It should be easy for someone with any kind of 3-D course experience. I have never shot on a course either, should be fun.
You never see a FLAG BURNING at a GUN SHOW.

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
i never did and course... heck I've only been shootin for 2 weeks... but I have been doing it every night.  what is the range on these things?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
what is the range on these things?

Depends on who your asking..... ;)

Offline JD

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Andover
 :ROTFLMAO:

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
what is the range on these things?

Depends on who your asking..... ;)
??? ??? ???
i don't get it...

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Some of the real advanced bow hunters/archers will shoot targets out at 70, 80 or even 100 yards.  They're shooting flying frisbees...Well us average guys are pretty good at 20 to 40yards and that would be about the farthest.  Thats the case for me at least.
Grute

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
i am not shooting at flying things...  i'll have to check out this course before i participate.  I will bring bow though.

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Yeah no flyin things for me with a bow.  Actually so far this year, I've only shot 20 yard shots.  I think I'll give the course a try.  What have I got to lose?

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Just arrows grute and whats the difference if you lose them there or at home? Sounds like a fun deal.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
All right boys and girls.  We did the DDD shoot at Game Fair.  I've never done one but really liked it.  Hockey #12's site fell off 1/2 way through so we had to put it back on and he did his best to plug on through.  I'd say over coming that challenge is worth some points.

Anyway,  I shot a 184 and Hockey #12 shot a 90.  I might be wrong on his so I'll modify my post but Im close.

How about the rest of you??