Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Loud Bow??  (Read 6370 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Its been about three years since I shot and I feel like my bow is loud. If you can please watch the below video and let me know what you think.

VIDEO

Also, what can I do to make it quieter? What works and why?

Thanks!

;)

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113

If you want to hear something loud try pulling your shot to the right a bit and hit the LP tank :stupid: ::hittingself:: ::hittingself:: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Oh yeah......I forgot about that. Maybe I should move my target ;D

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
 BH73 :ROTFLMAO:  I was thinkin the same thing. 

Hey, if you haven't already get:

string scilencers and bow dampeners (stick on buttons about the size of silver dollars)

If that doesn't do the trick then check with a bow shop (Bwanas - oh did I type that out loud??) and maybe get an STS type of deal.

The way I see it though, if they're chowin on those apples, they won't be able to hear your bow.   ;D ;D
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
The way I see it though, if they're chowin on those apples, they won't be able to hear your bow.   ;D ;D

Hey now.....that would be illegal.

In my defense I am shooting down at that target. I would have to really shoot super high to hit that tank and.....this isn't the movies or McGyver where an arrow will blow up a proapne tank.

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
What kind of rest do you have? I can hear the arrow sliding as you draw, that can be a no no. If you have a finger style rest, get new flippers, if its a drop away you need that thing re-worked, might want to add some mole skin ifs touching the riser. If you have a whicker biscuit, nothing you can do to fix that short of throwing it away. The easiest way to find out what your arrow is hitting on during the draw is have someone watch or take a white powder, wind indicator, coke, whatever you may have, you'll see lines in it after you shoot.

Do you have a stabilizer? That helps reduce vibration, I have the sims system, not the s coil. Its heavy but it really deadens things up, you'll feel that.

Are any screws loose on the sight? If so crank em out and put wax on the threads, it seals it nice. Are any screws loose on the cams? If so, take em to a shop and have em back it out, and put some wax on the threads.

String leeches are good, diamond make a good kit with leeches and two for your limbs for 20 bucks. Make sure to get the leeches tied down out of sight but not so they get caught in the cams. Two on each string should work nice.

You can also buy the stick on limb savers as well, I put one on the end of my stabilizer and one on each limb plus the leech kit, they are 4.99 for two.

Wax your strings up nice too. Are your fletches looking beat up? If so your contacting somewhere, the rest, riser, if thats the case spin the nock or go get it tuned. I think Sportsmens is doing free bow tuning at the game fair.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake

I know you would never do that.  I was just messin with ya.  ;)

Sounds like a TON of good advise from Chris. 
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
Hey Tim - let's get together and shoot some evening.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
hey guys, i'd be in!!
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

In my defense I am shooting down at that target. I would have to really shoot super high to hit that tank and.....this isn't the movies or McGyver where an arrow will blow up a proapne tank.

Or you draw pulling up and touch off your release, or the release fails. I have seen it at Rapids and the only thing you can do is walk off the range into some woods a long ways away and laugh your candy ass off at the guy.

Offline luvnlife

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey Mayfly your bow is a little quieter then my 243....LUVNLIFE :whistling: