Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2008 Bowtech General Pic.  (Read 6952 times)

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
Hey everyone,
For those of you that haven't seen it yet.....Here's a pic of the new Bowtech General.  This bow is making HUGE waves nationally and is expected to be one of the quietest bows ever built.  Take a look.

[attachment deleted by admin]
You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Let me know if you need somone to take it on a test drive.   ;D 

Looks like a really nice bow!!!
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
How much does a bow like that go for??

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
This years high end Bowtech goes for $750 and the high end Matthews and Hoyts go for almost $1100, so I'm guessing the 2008 General will be in the $1100 range.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I was looking at those earlier this spring. That new design is wild. I opted for the Diamond Black Ice.(employee discount)
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Stensethfan

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Joe, how does that black ice shoot?  I am going to be in the market for a new bow either next season or the one after.  I have already started researching the bows out now, and will be concidering the new bows to come out in the time before I purchase.  As of right now I want to shoot the Black Ice, Drenalin, and X-force.  Let me know what you think of your Diamond.  Thanks!
Don't shoot anything you do not plan on eating ~ D. S.
If the women don't find you handsome at least they will find you handy!  Red Green

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Joe, how does that black ice shoot?  I am going to be in the market for a new bow either next season or the one after.  I have already started researching the bows out now, and will be concidering the new bows to come out in the time before I purchase.  As of right now I want to shoot the Black Ice, Drenalin, and X-force.  Let me know what you think of your Diamond.  Thanks!

Not to hijack the thread but I was shooting at a range recently where most of the guys had the Drenalins with the Wisker Biscuit.  I shoot a Browning F5 and mine was WAY quieter.  Those of us who had been practicing, were shooting comparably but they had a definite THUMP with their shots that I didn't.

Offline outdoorfamilyof6

• Outdoorsman
  • My FIRST duck!!
I like my Diamond Edge, and seeing how these are so much bigger than my little (girly) bow, how heavy are they?   My brother is looking for one, but cant pull back more than 60 pounds right now and he would be carrying a bit.  Im not saying hes weak, but more lazy when it comes to carrying something heavy. 

(MN Archery, I LOVe that place!! ) :) LOL

Harmony
Harmony- WITO member

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
The Bowtech General is going to have a $749 price tag on it.  The Mathews drenalin retails for 799-899 depending on the dealer. And the Hoyt Vectrix retails for 649-749.

I have them in the store if anyone is in the area and would like to shoot one.  Swing on by or give me a call at 320-693-2061.

Keep on rockin'
matt
You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Well I couldn't find draw weights on the General anywhere but here are the stats that I did find:

Axil to -Axil -- 31 3/16"
Brace height -- 8 1/4"
Mass Weight -- 4.5lbs
IBO -- 308-314

Offline outdoorfamilyof6

• Outdoorsman
  • My FIRST duck!!
thats not to heavy for him to carry.  Shoot, thats not too heavy for me to carry! :) 
Harmony- WITO member

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
Draw weights are 50, 60, & 70lb max.  The draw adjustment range is from 26"-30". 
« Last Edit: October 10/09/07, 11:19:00 AM by MnArch »
You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061