Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Christmas in October  (Read 7553 times)

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Well this day has finally come.  Each passing day this week has seemed longer and longer.  I've not slept well due to the thoughts of preparing and dreams for toay's hunt.  I finally get to take part in my first ever metro bow hunt.  I pray to God that I don't get hurt and at least get to see some deer.  If the good Lord is kind enough to have a doe present herself for a shot, then it's in my hands to make a clean kill.  By 8 a.m. I'll be in stand so think of me then.

Wish me luck if you want but I'd rather have a little prayer.  I'll post an update here when I get back tonight.

Grute  ::dancinred::
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Good Luck this morning Grute!!  ...Prayers sent up for ya Buddy!!   ::cheers::  gg

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
It is finally here!!

Well by now you have probably already shot, cleaned and drug your deer out of the woods.

Congrats!!???

;)

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
looking forward to hearing about the hunt. maybe even a pic if all goes well
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
grute!!  we want news!!  did you get one?  grute!

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline GOGETTER

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
HEY GRUTER:  WHAT DO THEY LOOK LIKE AT THE END OF AN ARROW?? WE NEED A PIC!!
GENO

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
HEY GRUTER:  WHAT DO THEY LOOK LIKE AT THE END OF AN ARROW?? WE NEED A PIC!!

Well maybe I need a pic too.   :whistling:  You know to give me something to go by.  Had good weather, saw some cool wood peckers and made it out unscathed but didn't see a single deer.   sad3.gif  I was all pumped up and really tried to stick in there all day.  Got really cold so had to scoot back to the truck for an extra sweater -- glad I packed that.  Then stayed in stand until 6pm and decided since it was starting to get dark, I'd hang it up for the night.

So I go back again tomorow and the weather should be about the same.  Should I move my stand?  I don't really want to because I know I'll work up a sweat and get cold again.   ::violin:;

Either way, I'll fill you all in and you bet the camera is with me. 
Thanks guys and gal.   ;D

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
i wouldnt move it if it still there, buy then i wouldnt
move anyways unless you are in a crappy area.
hard to say with metro deer..
anyways good luck tomorrow!

randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
 sad3.gif  ::violin:;  sad3.gif  ::violin:; What a long sad weekend.  I only saw one deer and passing by at about 30 mph in the dark wont put meat in the freezer.  I was pretty pumped up and now feel kinda stoopid.  Oh wait, I think I spelled that wrong.  I mean I feel stoopid-ER.  Im thinking of changing my avatar to this now:

Well this is a long season so I got that going for me.  Next weekend Im going to Marine on St Croix with the Bucks & Buckthorn group.  And I come back with MBRB in Nov when we can take eithe gender.

Like I said earlier, Im glad I came out alive and unscathed.  I did see some nice wild life.  There were some nice downy wood peckers and one realy big wood pecker with a red head or chect (cant remember which).  Then Saturnday morning I was greated by the soft coo of an owl for a while then a different owl (screach owl??) came in close to visit.  He landed on a tree about 20 feet away.  Im reaching for the camera and then he squares off with me; he's looking STRAIGHT AT ME!  Ok that's cool but then he raises his wings like he's gonna come my way.  UH UHH!!!  So I lean forward a bit so he can really see what I am/look like.  At that point he flew off but thats better than him landing on my face or something.

I also got my memorie refreshed as to working with my tree stand.  Seems like its been a while so some experience was earned.  Well time to clean up the truck and get ready for work.  Then get ready for next weekend.

Grute  ::dancinred::
« Last Edit: October 10/14/07, 08:38:16 PM by Grute Man »

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Though you didn't get a shot it sounds like you had a good time and that is  waht matters. Think I got some pics. of one of them big woodpeckers. They come in the camp site all the time were we camp.