Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Don't you just hate it?  (Read 4428 times)

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't you just hate it when you are ready to climb down out of the tree and out come the deer? I was hunting by my food plot tonight and I was just going to get down and all of a sudden there they were. Three does and two fawns. Then I noticed a big dark body coming in. Sure enough there was the buck. It was getting so dark I couldn't see how many points. All of a sudden the doe runs right under my stand and the buck was right after her. I could have jumped on his back if I could have timed it right. Like I said it was getting to dark and couldn't see how many points. I wonder if he caught her? She sure was playing hard to get. ;D
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Don't you just hate it when you are ready to climb down out of the tree and out come the deer? I was hunting by my food plot tonight and I was just going to get down and all of a sudden there they were. Three does and two fawns. Then I noticed a big dark body coming in. Sure enough there was the buck. It was getting so dark I couldn't see how many points. All of a sudden the doe runs right under my stand and the buck was right after her. I could have jumped on his back if I could have timed it right. Like I said it was getting to dark and couldn't see how many points. I wonder if he caught her? She sure was playing hard to get. ;D

I do hate that and has happened too many times. Just last night I decided to leave my stand with about 5 minutes of shootable light left. I figured nothing was close enough that I could see so I better get out now. The last thing I want to do is spook the deer so I decided to evacuate. Luckily those deer were on the move for you to get outta there.

About 5 years ago I had a bunch of does come in and just mill around where my stand was. They would not leave. I tried everything and eventually just had to get out and then they took off.

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Have that happen way to often when hunting fields.Spoke to a CO about it once and he said that you can set as late as u want as long as your bow is on the ground., but you best have a case so you can casa the bow when you get out of the tree.

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club

I've had that happen a few times when I am out spotting and just sitting before opener, but not during the season. We have been lucky enough that normally we are either filled out or in the process of gutting one about dusk it seems like, so we are not in our stands that often at the end of the day. knock on wood.... :whistling:
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman