Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gametraxx for Bow Hunting!!!  (Read 5197 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
So now that I am back into the game I can finally start using Gametraxx to my advantage. I just got access to some great land out my back door and made my first scouting mission today. I recorded all findings in my first entry and plan to use it to its fullest potential. I sent the President of www.gametraxx.com an e-mail today and thought I would share it on here as I think it is very informative.

Jason,

Well I have finally gotten my act together and after 3 years I am back with a bow in my hand. I have been looking around on the gametraxx site and have logged my first scouting trip today.I have been granted access to 20 acres of prime hunting land in the metro area that is actually right out my back door, literally. 

Anyways, I have some questions about gametraxx. When I add an entry I write my narrative and sightings etc..and then I see it does give you the pressure, temp etc. Now are these numbers accurate and if so where are they coming from? I plan to log all my sightings, not only the ones in the woods but I want to log what I see at my deer feeder. I think this can help a lot.

That is all for now. This could be fun.

Thank You!

Tim

His Reply:

Tim,

GREAT!  This will be a great year for you.  The answer to your questions:

The weather data is pulled from a weather station that is based on your county location.  We have partnered with 1800 weather stations around the US.  Based on the county (where your farm is located), we then triangulate that county and pull the weather from the closest weather station.

Feeders are great.  Are you using a trail cam?  We are adding Photo Management in about 10 days.  Therefore, you will be able to add your feeder as a SPOT and then upload pictures and record them as sightings.  Perfect way to track their movement.

We are also adding an interactive mapping feature, which will allow you to place icons of deer stands, feeders, trail cams....then place sightings with icons....all along with all the normal Weather GTX Features.  It will be INCREDIBLE when we are finsihed.  This should be finsihed by September 1st.

Let me know what other questions you have.  I am looking forward in getting your feedback!

JJ

Jason Jacob
Co-Founder/President
GameTraxx, Inc.
www.gametraxx.com
859-338-6990

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Heck....I have more questions so we might as well just do it here.

I have an image I got from Google earth of the land. With the interactive map feature you are adding will I be able to load this image into Gametraxx and interact with it??

Thanks!

*Here is the pic

Offline ssfr2006

• Outdoorsman
We have partnered with a different Satellite Image provider, but you will be able to load the same style image into your gametraxx account.  This is what you will use for the interactive mapping.  I will let you know all the features very soon.....it has got me fired up about this season!!

JJ

Offline ScottPugh

• Master Outdoorsman
Love the changes that are being made to the system Jason.  Great work as usual.  Will be up at our shack here in the next few days and will get all the stands, plots, lanes all marked up and ready to upload.  Oh yea the motion camea too!!!

Offline ssfr2006

• Outdoorsman
Good luck.  You all be the first to know when we launch the Photo Management Tool and Interactive Mapping.  This will be a great tool for trail cameras!

JJ

Offline ssfr2006

• Outdoorsman
Good luck.  You all be the first to know when we launch the Photo Management Tool and Interactive Mapping.  This will be a great tool for trail cameras!

JJ

We are just a few days away from launching photo management!  I am excited about this!!!!
« Last Edit: November 11/03/07, 11:50:09 PM by ssfr2006 »

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Well I logged in this morning to enter in my scouting report from last night and I noticed the new changes. I will have to play around a bit later and enter in some photos. Thanks guys for continuing to make Gametraxx better ;)

Offline ssfr2006

• Outdoorsman
Just wanted to give you a update.  We are in the process of adding some great new features:

Solunar Tables (Feeding Times)
Additional Reports
Additional Photo Mgmt Tools

Plan on seeing these great features soon....Will keep you posted!

Having a great season in KY, even with this drought!  The GTX Team has harvested 2 bucks thus far this year.  The frist buck was around 150" 9 pointer (bow kill) and the second buck was a bit smaller, but respectable 120" class 8 pointer (muzzleloader).  We have got two more buck tags to fill...

Thanks...

Hunt Hard....Hunt SMART!!  Take Notes.....

Jason