Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bear Whitetail 2  (Read 5361 times)

Offline Hank

• Outdoorsman
I have an old Bear Whitetail 2 bow with a dozen or so arrows.There is a guy at work who has a son interested in getting into the sport. My question is what do you guys think the bow is worth (ballpark)? I definetly don't want to overcharge the guy because it's for his kid,but I don't want to give it away either.I already told him that he could try it out for awhile to see if he likes shooting or not.Thanks for the help.

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
Hank,
if you know the kid, and he's a good kid, you might do yourself and him a favor and give him the bow.
the bow isn't worth much monetarily, but for the time that young man spends in the field, instead of bopping around town doing nothing with his buddies, there is no way to measure it's value.
one day in the field, is just one more day a fine young man won't be doing something he probably shouldn't be.
if he's a hopeless punk, I'd say about $200.00
do what you think best for the situation.
Jigglestick
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Is the kid buying it?  Make it attainable and help him get started in archery.  Say $50 for the bow and arrows.  That way he has to EARN it and will respect it.  My arrows alone cost $10 a piece -- just for the shaft so $50 is a deal as long as the bow opperates properly.  And if he's a good kid, then its a good deal.  If its an older bow, it probably isn't worth much in retail so throw a dog a bone.

If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
I have one of those I bought back in 1981 If I remember right it cost $100.00 new. It didn't take me long to replace it for hunting but I still have it for bowfishing.I would not value it over $20.00
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
I have had a few in the shop and I guess I have never sold one (with used arrows) for over $30.00.  I guess it all depends on the shape it's in, but I would shoot for $20-$30.
Matt
You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061

Offline MnArch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Minnesota Archery
You may want to check draw length also. A lot of the older bows were 30+ inches draw. Good fit = successful first experience, and the desire to continue.

Barry
« Last Edit: November 11/20/07, 04:20:44 PM by MnArch »
You're welcome at
Minnesota Archery
Litchfield,MN
(320) 693-2061

Offline Hank

• Outdoorsman
thanks for the help guys. I was thinking more like Grute Man ,figuring about 60 bucks because the boy will be paying for it and I didn't want him to take it for granted. I also told his dad to go to an archery shop to make sure the fittment is correct. Thanks again, Hank.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Just a little p.s. This bow was very difficult for me as a first time compound shooter to master.As far as preformance goes it can be effective but it is really an arrow lobber.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects