Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Deer all over  (Read 4187 times)

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
Went out last night and was barely in my stand and I saw movement. About 75 to 80 yards away I saw 1 then 2 they kept walking by this opening tell I counted 9. I waited for a while then I heard something behind me. Then the old take a peek and see. Well there was 5 looking right at me. Impossible to get a shot when there is that many eyes. They walked just about past me, then I think they smelled something. I'm not sure if it was the doe in heat or me. They turned and headed back in the woods. Then some time went by and I thought I saw a little movement again. Couldn't make it out. It just stayed there. Then about 7 more came threw the woods at about 45 yards. They moved over by where I saw the movement earlier. All of a sudden they turned around and headed back in the woods. Then about 30 seconds later here comes the old coyote. Here he comes right at me. I said wait tell he stops and let him have it. He stopped behind me but my body was twisted like the excersist. I couldn't even pull the bow back. So he trotted away. Right at last light I saw a big body deer at about 80 yards away where the rest crossed. I think that was the big guy. I will have to put a stand there next year.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Next YEAR???  I'd have it out there next WEEKEND!! You had some great action.  I took my 11 year old out today for afternoon stand.  Sure was good to catch up on things  ;D  Yeah a little chatter was goin on.  Then he dropped so many things, he just climbed down his pile at the end of the day instead of using his tree pegs.  We say a herd of about 20 on our way home so we pulled over to look at them.  He got a little thrill I guess. 

Maybe I should send him hunting with you Hunter2   ;D
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Realtree

• Master Outdoorsman
  • MNO Member #128
    • The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club and Straight River Archery Club

Well it sounds like you have a great spot there for some action Hunter2, maybe just need to fine tune your stand placement a little from the sound of it. Do you think they got a whiff of you or was it more than likely the scent of the coyote that pushed them back into the woods? I'm sure your hot spot will yield a nice deer for you very soon from all the action you saw!  :happy1:
The "20" Rifle & Pistol Club-Board Member
Straight River Archery Club-Board Member
Youth Archery Instructor
Archery enthusiast
Deer hunter
Coyote eradicator
Bow-fishing freshman