Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Prine Fans?  (Read 6817 times)

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Harold and I are going to see John Prine tonight at the Orpheum!? We have MT Net providing transportation to the show so we can partake in as much training fluid (b4 and after) as we choose.? To make sure we stay out of trouble we will be taking a taxi back to Harolds when we done playing.? It ought to be a fun evening ;D.

Tomorrow we are headed to his cabin on Round Lake near Mille Lacs and are planning to do a charter in the afternoon. When we are done we plan to head back to the cabin to watch John Prine again on Austin City Limits.? It is on PBS at 9:00 for anyone else who wants to watch it.

Offline Harold

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
And a good time it will be!!

Think I'll be able to stay up past 9:00 on Saturday after pulling up pigs & Shmidties all afternoon out on the launch?

See ya later this afternoon.

BTW, we'll be having lunch at the Blue Goose at 12:30 on Saturday.  If anyone is around, stop in.
« Last Edit: May 05/19/06, 07:46:48 AM by Harold »
My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.

Offline MT Net

• Outdoorsman
Net's taxi at your service.? You buy, I drive...er something like that.? ?:angel:

No major mishaps to report.? But Harold did point out Dr. Bob's $20 tip was a bit too much for 4 outdoor garden style training fluids.? The good Doc had to chase down the waitress to recieve his chhange.? Personally, I think this was more by design on Dr. Bob's part.? He seemed to enjoy the chase down part.   8)  Oh, and Harold's dinner consisted of 4 schmidys, 4 hi-brow fancy beers, and a bag o popcon.? It's nearly 11pm right now, I'm betting he crashed 2 hours ago.? ?:D
Thanks for the refreshments, guys.
« Last Edit: May 05/19/06, 10:53:25 PM by MT Net »

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Actually he may still be upright!? I'll bet his head is bobbing though.? He hooked me up on his computer and headed back to the kitchen mumbling something about spaghetti :D.? That was about 15 minutes ago though, so like I said , he may be toast by now.

Jeez Rob, was it that obvious?? ::)?
Well I suppose................it has been over a year now since the CD left :D.

Leaky, I mean Harold, just winged by and said good night.? Man, this is the latest I have ever seen him standing.? I am pretty proud of my young Foster Brookes Jr. in training.

Well, time to wander.

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm back ;D.

BTW - Thanks a bunch for the taxi service MT!? It was great to get a chance to see you for a while.? To bad it was not longer :(.? Hopefully we can get together again some time b4 ice up.? If not then for sure on the hard stuff.

The concert was AWESOME!? Harold really got into it too.? That was great for someone who was not knowing what to expect, I think he really enjoyed it.? I know I did!?

Before the show we stopped in the bar next to the theater.? As it turns out, the opening act was sitting right behind us when we were ordering our training fluid.? They were great too!

Way cool evening.? I wish I could do it again 8).

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Man this is great!? Tomorrow all I have to do is drive my car for an hour or so.? And then all I have to do is show Harold (AGAIN) how to drink beer and catch fish :D. Life is good.

Maybe I better go look for some of that spaghetti too........................................................

Jee - I wonder how that smart@ss, oops, I mean smallmouthguide is doing ::) this evening?

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
The John Prine concert sounds like a good time. I haven't followed his career but his first album +/- 1972 (or at least the first album I'm aware of), is a classic. Hey Harold wasn't that you that was a big Joe Jackson fan?
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Well, no report from our weekend warriors in the last 26 hours. I seen dat you were callin me out on your last post Doc. You know dat I can't hang wit chew guys. Life in da fast lanes is for you young dudes bro.

Let me know if you and Harold want me to call in sick for ya on Monday morning.
Man I can still smell that training fluid all the way down here in The Flat Lands.
Time for me to head out to the lake, so if anyone spots Dr. Bob and Harold stop and give them a hand if they need it. :police:

EEL-LEE
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm back to civilization again.? Harold does not have a puter at the lake so we were drinking schmitty's and fishing to pass the time.? We fish spent 4 hours on a launch in the afternoon.? The walleye were cooperating a little when we first got out and then the sky cleared and they pretty much shut down.? It was fun though, there were a bunch of women on the boat who were doing "Girls Weekend Out".? A good time was had by all ;D.

I managed one large rockbass, had 2 short walleye strikes and a perch was nibbling on my leech for a while.? Harold nary had a bite.? I'd say it was about an average day of fishing with him? ::).? I do not think there was more than a half dozen walleye caught on the entire boat.? It was slowwwww.

Offline Harold

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Yup - Good time had by all.? Got a little culture in DT mpls on Firday night, then some real culture out on Mille Lacs.? What a great weekend.? Special thanks to MT Nets Cab Service.? If I would have had towel, I would have wrapped around his head.

Fawkinnae - I'm not sure if there is a bigger Joe Jackson fan.? He's heading back here on June 16th, but I think the calender Gods are going to bite me on that one.
My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.

Offline MT Net

• Outdoorsman
No problem, guys.  Ifa I'da hava towel, yous not bee der ina onea piece...  :D

It was fun navigating around the town, actually pretty darn easy.  But for some reason, the car veered left toward Augie's.  Spaghetti came to mid when passing by...that was when I was passed by a cpoula Vespas. 

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 ;D

MT - you have a CD coming you way.

Here is a picture from our weekend:

What a shot Ey?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline MT Net

• Outdoorsman
Nice photo, guys!?
Thanks for the CD coming at me, I appriciate it.

Girls day out, eh?? Sorta like throwing water in the hen house...? ?:D

Looks like? a Red Devil in Harold's hand.? But where's your refreshemnt, Doc?? Maybe the? guy, (or gal?) in the camo is busy putting it away while you pose for the pic.? ?;D

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Actually that is a Schmidt full flavor in Harolds hand.  I drank all of mine and was at the back of the boat looking for a hand out :).