Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: T Mobile Customer Service  (Read 7718 times)

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
I have another gripe, but I didn't want to take over the Gripe thread.

I've been with T Mobile for a year and a half, my contract is up in October of this year. I love the service and reception, but the customer service in my opinion is terrible.

It all started in Janruary of this year, my wife had a problem with her speaker in her phone, so we stopped into the local T Mobile store and told them about the problem , they looked up our account and told us that the phone was still under warranty, my phone was also not working right any more so i asked about mine, he said mine was also covered under warranty. We were told that our new replacement phones would be shipped to us in 3 business days and that we should use the enclosed return label to return our phones.

Our new phones did show up and the next day Lisa returned her phone as instructed, about a month later the new bill came and they charged her over $400 for the phone replacement, so I called and asked why? They said it was not covered any longer under warranty, I argued with them and finally the person on the phone said she would credit our account again, she also reminded me to return my phone at that time, so a few days later I did. A couple months go by and everything was fine on our bill, so we assumed it was all taken care of.

Then we get Aprils bill and we are being charged over $600 this time, i called again and explained myself and how they had allready taken care of this problem, they said that the person that gave us the credit had made a mistake, they also told me that I was over 7 days returning mine so they charged me $219 for my new phone.

After a # of calls to different supervisors, I would keep getting different answers, one said I have 90 days to return the phone, the other says 7. Then they said that they charged Lisa $400 because they never received her phone back, I gave this person the confirmation # and she says it was never checked into the warehouse. All this after they had allready confirmed receiving it 2 months earlier, somehow they lost it.

I finally had to pay the $619 phone bill or they were going to shut them off, I need my phone because of work and personal reasons, so i decided to pay it and argue later.

Now I'm at the arguing part of the deal, they say I need to fax a complaint to them and calling would not resolve this issue. I explained that I have been with them for a year and a half and have never been late on the bill, and that I should be given a break for being a good customer.

The worst part of this whole deal is Lisa's original phone was only $30 when we first bought it and then they want to chagre $400 for it as a replacement.

What can I do?
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
call the attorney generals office.
(651) 296-3353 or 1-800-657-3787
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline SoHawk

• Outdoorsman
Jiggle is right, call the attorney General's office.  Also, if you have a personal lawyer sometimes getting them to write a letter or two can be worth alot of persuasion.  I gotta say, though, they have their $$$ now and so they may be even more stubborn.
Good Luck!

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Cell phone companies are border line criminal. I try not to deal with them as much as possible.

When my contract ended I was looking at all of the new plans that they offered and all the nice new phones that they were giving away for free. I finally found something that stood out. It was a deal they were only offering for a week and it had cam out in the sunday paper so that Monday I headed over to the sprint store to get a new phone and contract....well it never happened, the offer was only for "new" customers, not old customers renewing. I was pissed. There was some other crap that they tried to pull as well...The only reason that I stay with them is because I get a big discount because I signed up through Sears when I worked there. They treat their new customers better than their old ones. I have been with Sprint for probably 4 years now. :-\

Offline barebackjack

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I have had all the same issues with them, I would gladlly get in on this one with ya! Them cheating bastards are always screwwing up something on my bill or charging me too much or for something i didnt use.
IBOT #197 Id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy ~jigglestick

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Mayfly

You brought up a point bout treating new costomers better. Good idea why not just switch companies when ever contract is up. When it comes to big companies like this the only way you can get any respect is by showing no loyalty. Make them beg and send ya better deals. My $.02
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Not sure if I should admit this...Since many of the posts are a little negative towards this industry.  I work for smaller (Regional) Cell phone company based out of Mankato.  Having the best customer service is part of our core values.  If it was the company I work for, it would be fixed already.

The large cell phone companies are very difficult to work with.  There customer service is usually in another state or country, and it takes forever to get someone live on the phone. 

My advice, would be go back to where you bought the phone and get the salesperson to help you resolve the problem.  They have their own management that can help issue credits.  It might take some time, but keep following up.

I have been in this industry for over eight years...When comparing the large companies, Verizon is the better company (my opinion)...If you want the best coverage and customer service.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I guess I don't understand how they could charge you for replacement phones. ???? ?I'm on the family plan with Verizon and it's been OK. Sometimes the reception between me and my wife has been pretty poor, but over all it's been a good service. We'll see what kind of deal I can get when I'm eligible for an up grade this fall.

Good luck Spinach. I hope it all works out.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Also...Cell phones are always cheaper (less expensive) when you sign a service agreement (contract). ?The retail value of the phone is most likely $400. ?When you signed a one or more likely a two year contract they (T-mobile) discounted the price to $30.

They cell phone company writes off most of the cost of the cell phone knowing that you will be paying them a monthly plan fee for one or two years.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I didn't say it before, but I do think you are getting screwed over by T-mobile Spinach!

As for treating new customers better, in most cases, if you ask for the manager of the store and explain that if you do not get that better deal, you will be changing to another cell company.  They will, in most cases, give you the better deal.

A lot of cell companies are starting to realize that it is important to try and keep existing customers (keep them happy too) and aquire new customers.  Not sure why it has taken so long.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline JohnWester

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Kabetogama, MN
in hind site, I would offer that you should not have paid them... that took away a big barginning chip for you.  I don't think they would have turned off your service.  you'll probably not get that money back.

but like jiggle said, cal att general... i did once before when dealing with sprint when i was trying to get my phone number ported over for my home phone from sprint to vonage... after 2 months of dinking around with them, one cal and it was done with in a few days.  I swaer these people at the att. generals office have nothing better to do then wait for people to call in about gripes and then pounce on them.  They like to screw over big companies.
If a gun kills people then I can blame a pen for my misspells?

IBOT# 286 big_fish_guy