Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Do you Subscribe? POLL  (Read 5170 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
We also would like to welcome your thoughts on what makes one of these better than the other or rather what makes one worse than the other.

And if you were to be in charge of one of these publications what would be the first thing you would ad to guarantee more readers!

Offline Benny

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Tim, I used to subscribe to them all.The Minnesota Sportsman started repeating stories from past years and just renamed them so I gave them up.
The outdoors weekly is a great news paper, but I just decided not to renew with them.

Benny
"What we have here is a failure to communicate"

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
outdoor news has been a fixture in this house hold for quite a few years now. is it better than the rest, i suspect so only because i see them around a lot more and they then give the impression that they must be better if every body reads it and it's on every counter.
my dad used to get outdoor weekly so i used to read it at his house.
the outdoor news seems like it is layed out better.
the outdoor news has a great staff of field writers and a great editor.
they are on top of the game. they get the scoop on everything outdoors.
they have people that know the legislature and how all that works. they know when a bill has a rider on it that pertains to anything outdoors, be it a new atv law, or a change in the seasonal limits for inland trout waters.
quality reporting.
quality articles by gary clancy, steve carney, joe fellegy, curt wells, just to name a few.
these guys know their buisness and it shows.
my personal favorite is gary clancy.
he has many years of experience and it shows.
readers trust that. they look forward to it each week.
i should be fair and say that i had a subscrition to mn sportsman magazine. i had no problem with them, but outdoor news seems more like it does what it is we said we wanted to do when we started.
a guy only need so many guns, so many pairs of boots, only so many hunting coats etc. we don't need an overabundance of reading material either. just one quality publication that covers everything.
the key is to be THAT publication.
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I was only able to vote for one. I get both Outdoors Weekly and MN Sportsman.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!