Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Fletching your own arrows.  (Read 6398 times)

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
How many of you guys do this?

I recenlty purchased a Bitzenburger fletching jig and have been doing really well with it. I've refletched about 3 dozen arrows since I got it.

With my two boys shooting now I think it will save me some money in the long run. Plus I can customize the fletching.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline TK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Andover, MN
My uncle has been fleching mine.  He has been doing it for 15+ years.  He has done some neat designs with splicing different feathers.  We buy the full length feathers and just cut them in half and burn whatever shape we want.  (mostly shield cut)

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
My dad had all this home made equipment for building arrows and I remember as a kid the stink from burning those feathers. I wish I would have held onto that stuff. I think it all got sold or pitched when they moved to Florida. I've still got a dozen or more of those old ceder arrows in the garage. I think I could still shoot them out of my old stick bow as long as their still straight.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Brandon_Collins

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I personally do my own. I offset each fletching 1/4 inch and put one mad helical on there so the arrow is basically spinning before it leaves. The arrow cuts through the wind like nothing.

Brandon
MNO Preffered Sponsors
http://jrstackle.com
http://marcumtech.com Fishing electronics

Offline TK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Andover, MN
Nah, you don't need strait arrow joe ;D  You should see how bent some of the arrows are that some of the guys I shoot with use.  Mostly they use them for stuming though ::)