Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cloned burgers ? Cloned Bacon ?  (Read 5376 times)

Offline Wagz

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I for one am not happy the the FDA has approved this. And since they did why not at least make them label it so that If I choose to not eat it I can find out which is which ?

They put labels on bags that we should not place them over our heads ... Label a bucket Do not do a handstand over this bucket when filled with water  but for something we eat they do not need to label if it was cloned or not ?

Does any one else have any feelings on this ?

Offline barebackjack

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I feel like having a bacon cheeseburger.
IBOT #197 Id rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal labotomy ~jigglestick

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
That stinks. Thats why I get all of my beef from my brother, straight from the distributer.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline McGurk

• Outdoorsman
I don't know... if Steer 1 was tasty and safe, I'd bet that Steer 1a, 1b, 1c etc... would be pretty tasty and safe too.  In my humble opinion, cloning is not any worse than the growth hormones that most all of them are getting now, and that is what I'd pay attention to.  I'm right there with you, though; I prefer local non-enhanced beef myself, and have been lucky enough to have had access to it (parents bought and fed out beef calves) all my life until 2 years ago.  Ethanol affects more than cars, my friends.  Next time you are at a restaurant, the turf might very well cost more than the surf, and your glass of water may be as expensive as your beer.
Good Luck! McGurk

"I'm not talkin' 'bout pleasure boatin' or day sailin'. I'm talkin' 'bout workin' for a livin'. I'm talkin' 'bout sharkin'!"

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I see ur point about labeling. To me it don't matter much if it's cloned or not but how many chemicals and drugs are put in it's feed while growing. I believe down the road at some point in time most meat animals will be cloned when it becomes cheaper than feeding and taking care of the breeding stock. Maybe they will just use the cloning to mantain some superior breeding stock. Which wouldn't be good either as the genetic diversity would be lost.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline guythathunts

• Master Outdoorsman
  • The brothers with my 2006 buck.
If it bother you a ton I could get you in touch with one of many family members that rais beef and sell it from the farm to the freezer. Let me know.
Find a bird Duke... find a bird... ROOSTER!!! BANG! Bring it here boy. GOOD BOY DUKE, GOOD BOY!!!

Offline Wagz

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Labeling is the big issue. Give me the choice.

As for Growth hormones and the rest the distributers of those product chose to label it. I believe it should be from the start mandated not give Big Business the right to tell us !

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
The other night on Bill Mahr's show on HBO this topic was brought up.  One of the guests was Trace Adkins (country singer).  He immediately began to shake his head and then asked "When did cattle stop f^&%?".  Then he added "My dad's got an old bull back home that I know would be more than ready to go if called upon".

My first reaction was  :rotflmao: followed by  :happy1: Right on!!! 

Forum maintenance
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
As I read this thread, all I could think of was "poor bulls."   ;D

I suppose I'd like to know if it was from a natural animal or a labratory faximily.
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline Fiasco

• Outdoorsman
What I don't understand is how they can say it's safe when cloned animals typically don't live nearly as long as the species typical lifespan because of genetic defects. How can they conclude that those defects don't extend to the meat of that animal? After all, CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease) is a defective protein. How do they know the cloned animal won't have those kinds of defects or defects that we can't detect yet? Just reminds me of Solyent Green.
It's a nasty truth, but those who seek to inflict harm are not fazed by gun controllers. I happen to know this from personal experience."

President Reagan

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Oh I remember that movie.  You're right!! 

I think sometimes, you're better off sticking with the original.  Kinda like when they tried to make "Low Fat Peanut Butter" - it was like eating peanut butter flavored dirt.   :puke:   Why bother?  If fat is that much of a problem, eat something else.

I think I'll stick with REAL food not something from a labratory.  I'd like to get to the point that I get enough game every year that I don't have to buy any meat.  That way I know (or think) Im eating something with no chemical augmentation.

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
what about micky Ds  i think there burgers are maid in a ratlatory...

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I bet its been about 10 years since I've eaten fast food.  Unless you count Sub Way and Quizno's; I never eat that stuff.  The grease doesn't agree with my stomach.

Offline Super Star!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • www.skinsandfinstaxidermy.com
I bet its been about 10 years since I've eaten fast food.  Unless you count Sub Way and Quizno's; I never eat that stuff.  The grease doesn't agree with my stomach.

I agree at least you can see the flys eating off the meat and veggies before they make you sub.... i do not eat much fast food but do like quiznos and chipotle

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Oh yeah, I like Chipoltle too.  Thanks for reminding me.  Now I know what's for lunch.

:spam: