Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Mississippi River Pool 4  (Read 5108 times)

Offline Loren Waalkens

• Outdoorsman
The open water dam bite at Red Wing is still a good bet for putting a few walleyes and saugers in the boat. Slowly dragging plastics and vertical jigging are what the fish seem to prefer , no big suprise for early February. Right now you need to really concentrate on sloooow to trigger these fish. With water temps as low as you are going to see them these fish are in no great mood to work for a living, I know the feeling... The ice bite has been a bit of a struggle this past week. Almost everyone that I talk to agree's that the fishing has slowed a little. Not only on Pepin but also in the backwater areas. One thing about these waters is that the fish never seem to be off the bite for more than a few days and I won't be to suprised if they put the feed bag back on by this weekend. One thing I do know is that a consistent weather pattern would help alot. This one extreem to the next is tough, but hey its February. Good luck to all and see you on the water.

Loren Waalkens