Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sportsmans Registery  (Read 5436 times)

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Ice house rentals on Lake Winnibigosh
    • www.campjigglestick.com
You ever get into one of those conversations that could go either way with the wife?
I mean it starts out fairly harmless, like how the blue shirt she wore yesterday looked much nicer than the green one she's wearing right now?
keeping in mind that we have the power to open and or close our mouths at any given time, is it sheer bordom that drives us deeper into these conversations, to the point of no return.
It is conversations like these that i believe were the catalyst for how garages were invented. they probably weren't garages at first, as I believe that these sort of conversations were around long before the automobile. in fact i think i recall a segment on the discovery channel where they were researching caves and the cro-magnon family structure. they stated that they were able to distinguish between a cave that was occupied by a bachelor cave-man and that which was occupied by a family of the half ape creatures.
they stated that they family cave dwellings all had smaller cave dwellings right next to them.
this here is proof enough for me.

the other day I had the opportunity to get involved in another such conversation, which I(as usual) thought I was manuevering through quite nicely.
she told me she had to run to town to buy a wedding gift.
i asked where she was going and she said the bride was registered at target.
Registered at Target!?
I hate bridal registries. I mean the idea of it seems just so wrong to me.
I was taught that if when I was a kid and I was having a birthday party, it was rude to expect gifts. just have the party and if they bring you something more power to you.
now they have these things called a Bridal Registry, where you not only can tell everyone where you are registered, but you make a list of the things that you want them to buy you.
I argued my point to no avail. it was like talking to a brick wall.
off she went to purchase the predetirmined by the bride, gift.
this got me to thinking, if this was sociably exceptable now, just think of all the cool gifts i missed out on with the nieghborhood kids, knowing quite well they never had to buy me anything, just come over and eat free cake.
I could have registered at G.C. Murphy's department store. they had a realy cool sporting goods department. but alas, all of those wasted opportunities are in the past....
or are they? do you suppose i could call in a few I O U's?
I didn't think so.
not to be detered, my thought process naturally moves me to current day opportunities.
that's right. the point of this whole story was to let you all in on my ground breaking idea.
We, as sportsman, will agree, and make known our own Sportsmans Registery.
Yes siree, we will register right here on MNoutdoorsman.
We can list the items we desire and where they can be purchased.
We can have different catagories or price ranges for different levels of holidays or different classes of buyers.
say a level 1 gift might be a flashlight. practical yet affordable for most everyone.
a level 2 gift would be along the lines of a tackle box. this also is a good indicator of how well the person knows you.
a level 3 gift might be a new St. Croix rod
and a level 4, "you shouldn't have  ;) "type of gift would be like a new mathews bow, or 36 volt trolling motor, or a boat, or real estate, you get the picture.

I think i will start the ball rolling here with a new Sportsmans Registry colunm
feel free to jot down the dates of YOUR special occasions and the items that have caught your eye, but have eluded your grip.

So....
my name is Jigglestick.
my birthday is july 24th, each year.
I love fathers day.
my favorite holiday is Deer Season.
I would like any of the following:

A motorized mountain bike.
a Go-devil motor for my duck boat.
I really like insulated flannel shirts. blue is my favorite color.
No coats please.
I could use a second pair of rockies, size twelve.
I am in desperate need of a new Jigging pole and a new trolling rod as well. no junk please. that is why i need the new ones.
I shoot a twelve guage and my favorite shot is number two's in three inch magnum. i am partial to reminton.
My phylosiphy is that a guy should buy at least one new gun per year. this phylosiphy has erked my wife, so if you could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated...surprise me.
Iwould like a northstar lantern too.
that's it for now. I will add more items as I think of them.
hopefully this catches on as to make our lives much simpler. you all know how much we like shopping...if your anything like me, the quicker I canget out of the store, the happier I am.

thanks for your ear.
Jigglestick
take a kid hunting and fishing!!

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I hear ya brother!? I think this has already been taken care of.? check it out:?

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/wishlist/wishlist-instructions.jsp;jsessionid=VW1OR5QXSGQUHTQSNOISCNWOCJVZIIWE

I also agree on the cave garage thing!? I got that one figured out too .? Toss the wench out? and turn the entire cave into a garage  ;D.

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
does that mean that we cant have our own registry? :'(

THWACK KILLS!!

Offline Dr.Bob

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
No,No,No - We can have anything we want ;D.

I just thought I'd show you that option too.

Offline jigglestick

• Master Outdoorsman
O.K. then.
remember, rapala's make great easter basket stuffers...yes, i do believe :)

THWACK KILLS!!