Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: some people are nuts !  (Read 4799 times)

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
i drove by chisago earlier today and there was like 4-5 cars out on the lake off cty 83 there ! i walked out and poped a hole in the ice and saw about 9-10 inches
 :bonk: :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

not worth it !
« Last Edit: December 12/30/07, 08:58:05 AM by repoman »

Offline Desperado

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • N St Paul, MN . . . via . . . Big Sky Country
Not worth it is right.  How 'bout "not worth $2000" or "not worth $5000".  Just thankful they're estimating towing fees rather than funeral costs.  Because it's REALLY not worth that.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S298814.shtml?cat=1&v=1
Happy Trails
Des,  IBOT # 328

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Some guys really get a kick from being the first out on the ice. But nature has a way of weeding out the dumb ones. The old Charles Darwin theory. I bet he wishes he had a new Polaris 4 wheeler to bring that house out with (Hint Hint)
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
We were on Centerville tonight and we walked on. I'll admit the walk was not fun, but at least we were safe and my truck is still dry.

Centerville probably had 9 inches of ice with 4 inches of slush and snow on top. They were driving all over in front of the bar, full size trucks and smaller cars.

The ice is not safe for driving in my opinion!!
« Last Edit: December 12/31/07, 04:03:44 PM by Pat Turnquist »
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
The news report said that fella was on six inches of ice because he was In the area that has a spring under it. One of the locals said no one goes there for that reason and had no idea why that guy did. Evidently he got stuck there in the slush and wasn't in the truck at the time. He is looking at About a $5m recovery fee and truck loss. It took the crew 7 1/2 hours to pull it out.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
people are nuts , then thwey ask themselves , why ?

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
I went to O'dowd in Shakopee this morning and I couldn't even count the number of cars and trucks out there.  I stayed away from them and found maybe 10" of ice and talked to another guys who said there are a lot of spots with much less.  I was going to go out again tonight, but saw a bunch of cars parked in my spot so I turned around and went home.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Me and the boy went out this evening on one wheeler and my daughter and her boy friend went out on another. We drilled our holes in our spot. There was 8 inches of GOOD ice with 2 inches of slush on top. We set up 40 yards apart, fishing in seperate houses.
We started fishing, as soon as it started to get dark, I could here someone driving real close to the spot we set up.
I looked out the window, it was a full sized 4 door older Chevy pick up with a older style topper, not the aluminum type, but the ones made of wood. He was pulling a barn style fish house that was 12x16 with asfault shingles on it.
The water started shooting up through the holes of our fish house, this moron drove right between our set-ups. Thankfully he kept on driving down the lake, away from us.
My boy thought we were going down!!!!
Some people just don't think!!!!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
 :bonk: :bonk:  some people just cant wait and it makes absolutly no sense

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Its not just that people cant wait...Its just more proof to the theory that 7 out of 10 people are morons, and lack basic common sense....the rest of us just gotta try and stay clear and give em lots of room....  ;)      -thunderpout :happy1:         

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
I would like to think we live in a kind friendly respectful place, but everyday we see dumb things and people who don't care, but later in life it comes back..maybe 10 minutes or 10 years .. Like you see someone driving at 90 and passes you, about 6 miles up as you go by you see them pulled over by the red and blues.. Kind of makes you think to your self.. Thats what you get
That Truck could have put you and your family in danger Hookie.. and he didn't even think of that.. thats whats so sad about it.
Ng

Note: For those of you who didn't know Hunter is also called Hookie lol
the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
Its not just that people cant wait...Its just more proof to the theory that 7 out of 10 people are morons, and lack basic common sense....the rest of us just gotta try and stay clear and give em lots of room....  ;)      -thunderpout :happy1:         

An old bar tender once told me "as a long time bartender I can honestly tell you, if bartend for one night and you'll realize the general public is basically pretty stupid." So I did bartend for one night and know what, he was right.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot

An old bar tender once told me "as a long time bartender I can honestly tell you, if bartend for one night and you'll realize the general public is basically pretty stupid." So I did bartend for one night and know what, he was right.
thats good  :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/29/08, 10:39:17 AM by GRIZ »

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman

No THAT'S true!! Granted you get to see everybody in their finest form but alcohal exagerates a persons personality X 10.

That's another of life experiences in it self.
« Last Edit: January 01/29/08, 10:40:41 AM by GRIZ »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline schwinger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I've been bartending part-time for over 8 years and I will back you up on that Griz. Not only do you see how stupid but how rude people are. Keep a person waiting 30 seconds for a drink and you see their true nature come out.

Offline GRIZ

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been bartending part-time for over 8 years and I will back you up on that Griz. Not only do you see how stupid but how rude people are. Keep a person waiting 30 seconds for a drink and you see their true nature come out.

So then when I pound my empty glass on the bar you will come and fill it. :party1: ;D :bonk: :drinking:

Just had to.
« Last Edit: January 01/29/08, 01:09:35 PM by GRIZ »
~Thomas Jefferson

Offline schwinger

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I prefer if you whistle or throw something  :bonk:

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
I prefer if you whistle or throw something  :bonk:

a true bartender :kermit:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

No THAT'S true!! Granted you get to see everybody in their finest form but alcohal exagerates a persons personality X 10.

That's another of life experiences in it self.
I always wondered why everyone wants to hang out with me at the bar now I know.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
i just have to ask ? is that person playing the drums in the avatar ??????
and if not what the he#% is he doing ?? ;D

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
Those look like pistols and hes shooting?
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
I dont think thatz a "HE".... :rotflmao:     -thunderpout ;)

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
lol i think it's a he

Offline repoman

• Master Outdoorsman
  • take the shot
oh ok now i can tell its pistols shooting ? kinda disturbing hu ?  ;D in a funny way