Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: SNOW SNOW and more SNOW  (Read 10759 times)

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
WELL IT AROUND TWO.I guest I will be one of the heave spot to get lot more snow. The snow we got last time was about 22” and it was all most gone and now I here we are looking at 12” to 24” But the wined is a lot stronger about 38 right now and the snow is come down prêt good right now too. We could lose power to night. I am so glad we all are home to night. But my wife has to go to work at 5:30am I mite have to drive here to work in the morning will see may be she will say home and not go to work I will keep you all posted as it under folds if I can.Wildlife Minnesota In ottail co.
 TO THE SNOW GODS AGAIN!!  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Well now we have 3"+ and the wind is sill going stonge at about 40mph. :bow: :bow: :bow:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well the wind is still going strong and the snow is still fall.
and I going to bed the light are bliking so it time for me to shut my computer off.  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
If things stay as they are we will get little snow this time around. Gee that almost hurts my feelings lol

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well there the lates snow report. I just got back from driveing my wife to work.The wind are still blowing hard and it look like we got 4" of snow. so we did not get hit to bad. like they said. So how much snow did you all get?  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Here in Duluth we are not getting the huge snowfall that other received but we are doing our best. So far it looks like 6-8 inches of heave wet sticky snow being moved around by steady winds for the past 12 hours of 35mph with gusts topping 62 miles an hour. Power loss through town last I heard 7500 customers are down. Some local radio stations are down as well as local TV stations.  Here is a picture taken last night around 6pm at the entrance to the harbor. The light towers are about 15' tall so you can see the waves coming in are 6-8' Was reported that waves were reported as high as 12' and still building.

No travel is advise through out the Duluth/Superior area. Trees are toppling as with the heavy snow and the continue high winds the load is to great. I did have to drive in this a few hours ago and a lot of street lights are down. Snow is still falling and plows are out. Will try for some pictures of them big waves this afternoon if I can get down to the lake. Spray from the waves are being tossed at least 100-150' up on the banks making a steady camera shot kind of hard.
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Duckslayer

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Some pretty big waves there Bobby!  So far we have no snow here in hooterville.  Had about an inch last night but it went away with the rain overnight.  They say that we may get some today but will wait and see.  I have gotten to the point that I do not want to see any more, I am ready to ride my Road Star now!  Hope that you all stay safe and warm.  Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

Offline UncleDave

• Master Outdoorsman
It feels like the tundra.  Just give me some warm weather soon please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CampYJewel

• Master Outdoorsman
Thankfully we have not gotten hit with the big snowfall yet!!  We only have about 4" or less.  Though its hard to tell with the wind blowing it around.  I have a drift in my yard 5' tall and then bare ground!!  But then there is still snow here from the storm last week.

I drove home from the cities last night and it was pretty bad around St Cloud and then once I hit Motley it was not bad at all.  The radio this morning said St Cloud got approx 12" so far and it's supposed to snow all day.

We got it last week, hopefully the snow gods will send it someplace else this time.   :bow:   :bow:

Offline Tami

• Master Outdoorsman
  • NorthernGal --Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
It's mn winter.. the winters have been kind to us for the last few years ...
the hurrier I go, the behinder I get
Best place for Bait.....Babes Bait... Babe's is locally known as “the best little bait shop in Ely”. Tackle and Fresh Bait

Offline LittlePeople

• Outdoorsman
It's still snowing. <_< 

Wildlifeminnesota's birdies:

« Last Edit: April 04/11/08, 11:53:44 AM by LittlePeople »

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
it rained here yesterday afternoon then the snow mixed in then it was sleet, slippery everywere, but we only got about less than an inch of snow, but the roads were extremely bad, i pulled 2 people out of the ditch who were very lucky and missed the highway guard rails, then i ended up getting into an acciedent, some guy was going way to fast and rear ended me, probally 20mph when he hit me, didnt do much to my truck but his whole front end is totaled, then i had to go to the hospital for what they said was a minor concusion, so yesterday wasnt a very good day and i say  :censored: snow

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Jeesh Cody...hope yer ok!?  Ya didnt wreck your trigger finger did ja? ;)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
yeah ill be fine, im still good to go for next saturday, just having one heck of a head ache.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
A few more pictures here from the REAL big lake, these are ten foot rollers comimg in. Had to wear a rain coat and hide behind pilings to get these.

this one is from the blvd over looking the lake, you can these rollers are breaking way out in the lake
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline GuideGirlsMom

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Nice pics of the harbor...Snow and more --it is still snowing here...Couldn't even get out the door today..Finally moved the door about 8" and got out and shoveled a little path--it was so blame wet...  Got about 14"--waiting to get plowed out now...3' drift in front of garage...  GGM

Offline LittlePeople

• Outdoorsman
It's still snowing here. Not that bad though, as far as I can see anyways.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Those are very cool pictures!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well we are back. We when to Alexandria and to Bretha and we are still get snow not to bad but HWY #10 by new york mills we seen car and truck not having a good day out. The truck was at 12:00 today and the car was at 3:30 I hop we are done now with the winter I would like to see some sun now!!  :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well it is snowing now there now. Will this winter go way.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline tripnchip

• Master Outdoorsman
Never fear WM winter will go away just as soon as the weather changes.
 have a good day and enjoy.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Yes I know the minnesota saying. If you don't like the weather wait 10 min. and It will changes.  :taz:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Yes I know the minnesota saying. If you don't like the weather wait 10 min. and It will changes.  :taz:

:banghead: I was born and raised in Chicago and that was OUR saying. We also said there were only two seasons in Chicago. Winter and Road Construction.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats why I never put the snowblower away till fishing opener! ;)

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
You may need it. The groud is white now.

Offline CampY-Buttercup

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
It's definately snowing in Alexandria right now.  I took these pics at work a few minutes ago.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Well look like aroud three for April. Just see we could get 8" to a 12" of wet snow.  :banghead:

Offline wasnowman

• Outdoorsman
I wish it was snowing here. Some people have all the luck. Hey got idea trade all my rain for your snow! Sound good huh!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Yep I would.It is sill snow here 5" to 6" now and sill coming down like cat and dog.The snow god are back.  :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow

Offline wasnowman

• Outdoorsman
Shoot! I wish i had snow, be fun.

Offline LittlePeople

• Outdoorsman
It would have been nice if it started to snow After we got home...on the way home we went off the road once, and almost a second time. Now I'm even more afraid of driving.