Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Team "Straight Shooters"  (Read 12000 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Use this area to get to know your team members and keep tabs on eachother. Post reports, team name discussion, motivational speeches or whatever else you would like to use it for.   :happy1:

Team #6:
Rickwags
Tim (Mayfly)
Deadeye
« Last Edit: October 10/06/08, 11:58:14 AM by Tim »

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Ok Rickwags and deadeye....how about a team name? Any ideas?

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
"Straight Shooters"  then again, I did miss one a week ago.  But, I'm pretty sure the arrow went straight. 
I saw a doe and fawn last Friday but they only came within 50 yds.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
"Straight Shooters"  then again, I did miss one a week ago.  But, I'm pretty sure the arrow went straight. 
I saw a doe and fawn last Friday but they only came within 50 yds.   

I'm sure we will all get our does. The only thing we need to be concerned about is a tie-breaker so take good shots and tell a good story when you do get your deer.

Heck, maybe one of us will get something over a 10 pt. I know they are in my woods......

Offline Rickwags

• Outdoorsman
Yeah the big ones are out there we just need to be patient. I probably wont get out again until sunday night but I plan on getting a few mornings next week. How about you guys? Tim I see you are going to that meeting tonight.. If you're in the mood for a cold one after stop up at Millers I have to work and I will buy you a beer. I'm the only bartender so maybe I will see you there.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'm planning on going out Friday and Saturday so we will see what happens. :fudd:

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Posting this here for Rickwags.  Sorry I didn't see this sooner and put your points up but here it is now.  Congrats on the doe.

If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I got this one this morning (Sunday).  After seeing nothing moving, I left my stand at 8:30 and went on a walk-about.  With the wind rustling the leaves in the trees and the ground wet, I was able to pussy foot around without making a sound.  After about a half hour of this, I happened to look straight to my left and saw a deer eye and ear.  The doe was laying down broad side to me at less than 50 feet.  After all the balleyhoo about lead, I shot her in the head.  No meat loss and not lead in the meat.  I wanted to take a picture before gutting, but my camera batteries were dead.  She was a big one.
« Last Edit: October 10/12/08, 07:48:37 PM by deadeye »

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Congrats on the nice Doe deadeye. You make a great point in how you said you caught sight of the ear and eye of the deer. So many people never see deer in the woods because they overlook the little things.

MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
 :woot:  Good job Deadeye.   :fudd:   Nice to save all the meat like that.  Your score will be adjusted ASAP.

Grute  :dancinred:

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
We are on the board times two!  ;D

One more and we'll be full.....

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
We are on the board times two!  ;D

One more and we'll be full.....

Not necessarily full; you could get a buck later on and take those points instead of the doe's points.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Being I've never shot a deer with more than 10 points, I doubt I will increase my score. :cry:

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Being I've never shot a deer with more than 10 points, I doubt I will increase my score. :cry:

There's a first time for everything.  Never say "die" unless your saying to a big buck.   :fudd:

Offline Faceman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Nice deer everyone. Now the fun of trying to upgrade the points. Good luck to all.
Vegetarian: Old indian word for bad hunter.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well guys I gave it a shot tonight.  I had a nice 8pt 12 yards from me.  I was a full draw but never pulled the trigger.  He was tall but not to wide.  Not much mass.  I guess a 2 1/2 year old.  It was fun.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
damn deadeye... you making me jealous. all i ever see is
red squirrels..

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So tonight I go to a stand where I saw two does feeding yesterday.   Now they show up at the stand I was in yesterday.  I think their just playing with me.   :bonk:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I went to my land on Friday afternoon.  I got in 4 good hunts over the weekend.  I didn't see a lot of deer (six) and didn't get a shot but it was a beautiful weekend in the woods.  I had a doe I believe being chassed by a small buck (never did see antlers) go by at 25 yards.  I was at full draw but couldn't stop them.  My son jumped a big buck (all he saw was butt and antlers as it ran away) on his way out Saturday afternoon. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ok guys, hows the hunting going?  I probably messed up my buck for this year.  He was trashing the bushes at 40 yards.  I got him to start comming in with a grunt-snort-wheeze.  When he was at 30 yds my stand creaked and he froze.  We had a stare down for a minute or two and then he bolted.  Darn, he was a good one too.  Didn't count points but I definately would have shot him.
 :cry: :censored:

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Who knows deadeye this time of year they do crazy things.  ;D You may just get your chance again.

For me the hunting has been......ahh, lets say slow. Been a horrible year for me. Plan on getting out this weekend though.  :happy1:

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Spike Buck...Less than 3 inches. Do I get my 100 doe points?? I thought I was shooting a doe.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline letgofishing

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
can't see PIX??????????????
Daniel Rud

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Is this better?

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
Spike Buck...Less than 3 inches. Do I get my 100 doe points?? I thought I was shooting a doe.

Yep.  If its under 3" then its not considered a legal buck.

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
how do you mistake that for a doe :scratch: do you not identify what your shooting tim? lol just giving you crap nice deer

Offline Pegg

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thats what a doe looks like after dark.  :fudd: :deer: Just kidding Tim.  Have to give you a hard time too.
If today was perfect. There would be no need for tomorrow.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Here is a picture of me with an 8pt my brother in law shot.  However, if you happen to see the baby in front of the buck, that's a doe fawn I shot on Monday.  I know, what the helms are you shooting a fawn for.  Well, it was 228 yards out in a swamp and I thought it was bigger.   :sorry:
I know it's not an upgrade but scores tie breaker points.   :rocker;

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I did a little better on Tuesday and connected with this nice 150 pound doe.  I was hunting alone so did the best I could with a picture.  I could get the gun in but had to use a paper plate in my place.  (I didn't know how to use the delay option on the camera).  More bonus points!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I went out again today and managed to out smart this nice 8 pointer.   I just saw him for a short time about 80 yards away moving in the thick brush.  I did my best grunt-snort-wheeze and he responded by showing me what a REAL grunt-snort-wheeze should sound like.  I tried again and he responded from a different location.  This went on for a couple minutes while he made a circle around me.  Finally he stepped onto a trail and because I had my gun up and ready, I was able to get off a quick shot.   I guess I'm not going hunting tomorrow but will try again Friday.