Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: SCOREBOARD  (Read 18918 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I got this one of Friday morning.  I think it's an upgrade
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
That sure looks like a dandy deadeye!
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
What A Monster.   :bow:Great job Deadeye. :bow:
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline sjohnnie26

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Way to go Deadeye....What a great buck! :dancinred:
"AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL"  -Jeff Simpson

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Please tell me you have a pic with this.....

Proof of each deer killed will be a photo submitted with the hunter, their deer, and the weapon they used all in one photo.  Photos must be submitted within on week of the kill.  No photo with you, the deer and the weapon = no points.  In other words THIS IS MANDITORY to score.

We need this one to count for our score!  ;D

Awesome deer!!! :happy1:

Offline Ryan

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Website Design
Very nice deer.  From what I can tell it has 13 points, is that correct?

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
OK I got all the updates up from the weekend.  Let me know if there are any mix ups.

Congrats to all you having such a great deer season. 
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
In all the excitment I forgot to take a picture in the field with my gun.  I did take one later in my dads barn but posted this one because it was a much better view.   If anyone wants I can post the picture of me, the deer, and the gun.   I may continue to bow hunt but will not be muzzle loader hunting this year.  I has been a great year and I was blessed to be able to harvest these deer on my own land.  It shows that our efforts with food plots and letting the little bucks go is paying off.  Happy hunting all.

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
In all the excitment I forgot to take a picture in the field with my gun.  I did take one later in my dads barn but posted this one because it was a much better view.   If anyone wants I can post the picture of me, the deer, and the gun.   I may continue to bow hunt but will not be muzzle loader hunting this year.  I has been a great year and I was blessed to be able to harvest these deer on my own land.  It shows that our efforts with food plots and letting the little bucks go is paying off.  Happy hunting all.

OH I didn't notice no firearm.  Im sorry but this is gonna have to cost you.   :police:

Just kidding you there.  Did I have you for a second?  I think any guy who can shoot like you aint somone I wanna pull points from.

Just so everyone knows, I've met Dead Eye personally and will contest that he's not the kind of guy to kill a deer with his bare hands.  I KNOW he used a gun.  We'll let you slide this time.  We'd hate to rain on your 13 point parade.

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op

Deadeye, how many acres do you guys hunt on? Reason for the question is that my father and I are looking at land near our cabin for recreational purposes and 40 acres, or 80 is a possibility for us right now.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
Very nice deer.  From what I can tell it has 13 points, is that correct?

:bow: Nice buck and im sure it may be the best for MNO in 08.
But I only see 12 scorable points. and I cant wait to see the other pics of it
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
22lex,
I started our hunting area around 15 years ago when I bought 320 acres of mixed swamp, wooded land and a 12 acre field.  Ten years ago my brother in law bought 80 acres connected to mine. Eight years ago I arranged for friends of mine to buy 140 acres attached to mine and a friend of theirs bought another 140. Six years ago a farmer agreed to sell 560 acres that also were attached to our land.  I bought an 80 and my brother in law bought 160.  Other friends and relatives bought the other 320.  That now gives us over 1200 acres.  It is about 10% open fields, 55% wooded and 35% swamp.  Its been about 5 years since we started our form of QDM.  We don't have any written rules or fines.  We just basically agree to not shoot small bucks.  The bucks should be 8 pts or better with no baskests.  Two years ago we killed two wounded bucks, one 8 point and the other a 5 point.  Both these bucks were only 1.5 years old.  This year, I and a couple others passed on 2.5 year old 8 points.  We have put in food plots and are doing all we can to make the place "deer heaven".   We have discussed this with most neighbors and many are starting to do the same.   

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
bowhunter73,
The buck has so many points it take two pictures to get them all in. :rotflmao:
Oh, it's a main frame 12 point with one split browtine.

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
22lex,
I started our hunting area around 15 years ago when I bought 320 acres of mixed swamp, wooded land and a 12 acre field.  Ten years ago my brother in law bought 80 acres connected to mine. Eight years ago I arranged for friends of mine to buy 140 acres attached to mine and a friend of theirs bought another 140. Six years ago a farmer agreed to sell 560 acres that also were attached to our land.  I bought an 80 and my brother in law bought 160.  Other friends and relatives bought the other 320.  That now gives us over 1200 acres.  It is about 10% open fields, 55% wooded and 35% swamp.  Its been about 5 years since we started our form of QDM.  We don't have any written rules or fines.  We just basically agree to not shoot small bucks.  The bucks should be 8 pts or better with no baskests.  Two years ago we killed two wounded bucks, one 8 point and the other a 5 point.  Both these bucks were only 1.5 years old.  This year, I and a couple others passed on 2.5 year old 8 points.  We have put in food plots and are doing all we can to make the place "deer heaven".   We have discussed this with most neighbors and many are starting to do the same.   

Thanks Deadeye. That was the info. I was looking for.
-WC Fields

Offline Rickwags

• Outdoorsman
I need to get a picture to update a score for team 6 and it says it is to large, can someone please let me know an easy way to handle this?

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Rickwags, So your saying your deer was too big to post. :rotflmao:

Offline jd mn/nd

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
So does anyone have a subtotal of the standing so far as I can figure who is in the lead, or where each team stands currently.

Thanks JD

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
So does anyone have a subtotal of the standing so far as I can figure who is in the lead, or where each team stands currently.

Thanks JD

The info is updated on the second post in this thread (click back to page one).
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
OK the scores have been tallied up to date as of 1/1/2009.  Unless there are any more entries from members who hunt other states, we can declair Straight Shooters the winners.

Congrats to Tim, Rickwags, and Deadeye.  You guys are the best MNO hunters of 2008.

:snow5:

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
OK the scores have been tallied up to date as of 1/1/2009.  Unless there are any more entries from members who hunt other states, we can declair Straight Shooters the winners.

Congrats to Tim, Rickwags, and Deadeye.  You guys are the best MNO hunters of 2008.

:snow5:
Not so fast. Taking off Sunday for a little black powder action!!!!!
P.S. Grute you have a 8 point buck and another doe to add to our team!
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337