Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Heading out this weekend?  (Read 8740 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Is anybody going fishing this weekend?

I plan on going out tonight with the boy fishing on Rush.  :fishing:

And maybe going again on Saturday with a buddy that has FINALLY gotten over the flu.

We will be going after the alusive crappie and maybe a pike or two.

What are your plans?  :coffee:

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
I will be heading out to the Croix on Sunday.
walleyes, pannies, esox, cats, I don't care, let's go fishing!!

Offline 2hounds

• Outdoorsman
Lake Jane for some Slimey Snakes for me on Saturday.. :fishing2: :happy1:

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Mississippi back waters for snakes and gills on Sunday....(Winona area)..
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline sjohnnie26

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Heading up near Detroit Lakes for some 'eyes on Sat. and Sunday  :fishing2:
"AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL"  -Jeff Simpson

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Like all things "plans" change....

I didn't get out last night cause the boy decided to have a friend over instead.

But, I'm still hoping to get out this afternoon.

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I'm either heading up to my perm on Mille Lacs or going up to the Chisago area. Haven't really decided yet. Good luck to all that go out though!!  :toast:
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline tracr

• Outdoorsman
We are heading to Clear lake in Wright county this weekend. Hoping for some crappies and Walleyes... Good luck to everyone and stay warm
'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help

Offline tracr

• Outdoorsman
Went out this weekend, did not go to Clear water, went to Buffalo instead. My boys and I caught 10 crapies and 8 nice sized perch. They where all caught with crapie minnows in 20 feet of water. Hope everyone else had some luck as well.
'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We went to Knife Lake by Mora on Sat. for a fishing contest. But they couldn't find anybody to plow the lake.....So, it was cancelled.

Sunday we hit a local lake in the morning and caught 12 Crappies, 14 Bluegills and 1 perch that we kept. But, released several.....so, the bite was good.

Hunter

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
I went out on the Croix Sunday morning and searched for the crappies with not much luck.  Then I went to a smaller lake in the east metro and found the walleyes, keeping 3 between 15 and 18 inches, releasing a half dozen more under 15 inches.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Went out this weekend, did not go to Clear water, went to Buffalo instead. My boys and I caught 10 crapies and 8 nice sized perch. They where all caught with crapie minnows in 20 feet of water. Hope everyone else had some luck as well.

Hey Tracr - wondering how Buffalo was to get around on? Are there any roads or is there no need for roads.
Thanks
Doug
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I ended up going to prior with a buddy and did pretty good on pannies and pearch.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline 101PROOF

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Fished green Saturday looking for a new spot to move the house didnt have any luck, but when I went to the fish house to worm up the girl friend had 4 nice crappies. Schooled again by the girl friend  :cry:
Sunday I went to south millacs lake looking for BIG perch but no luck, went over to shakopee lake and found sunfish and some northern after that went to LORI lake and found some small crappies (all went back in the hole to grow up on Lori lake)

Shakopee and Lori lake has alot of snow, so keep it in 4 wheel drive and dont look back  :snow5:

Offline tracr

• Outdoorsman
Doug,

Buffalo is fine to get around on. There are roads where the snow is deep. We went out with a frount wheel drive van and got around just fine. Still had a shovel just in case.

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
Fished green Saturday looking for a new spot to move the house didnt have any luck, but when I went to the fish house to worm up the girl friend had 4 nice crappies. Schooled again by the girl friend  :cry:

For whatever reason, that's the way it usually goes.  At the same time, would you rather have her school you and be happy that she's catching fish, or not be catching fish andmake your day miserable?

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Doug,

Buffalo is fine to get around on. There are roads where the snow is deep. We went out with a frount wheel drive van and got around just fine. Still had a shovel just in case.

Thanks tracr
I'm interested in Buffalo because of the potential for good walleyes and good crappies. I hope to get out there this weekend.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'll be hitting the ice tonight with Hunter jr.

At least that's what he said last night.........

I'll post a report if we do!

Hunter

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Might take my three year old daughter down to Prior tonight for some pannie action. Tomorrow I'm heading the the Brainard fishing contest. First time up there.

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
that should be fun for her.

Offline 101PROOF

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I'm going out to green again this week end! Fishing has been good this week based on most people moved or lift.
Hope they all don't come back just for the week end tp party.

I'll be going to the Eelpout for the first time this year : :tequila;  :puke:  :happy1:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
I will be fishing in a local ice fishing tournament on Sheridan lake here in the Black Hills on Sunday.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone thinking about heading out tomorrow?  I'm thinking of either the croix or Bald eagle. 

Offline Grey Wolf Lodge

• Outdoorsman
  • On Beautiful Pelican Lake- Orr, Mn
    • Grey Wolf Lodge
 :cold:

That says it all for me this weekend.  It's a hot sauna tonight and a movie.  Perhaps a quick snowmobile trek Sunday PM when it gets above zero!  The darn wind won't let up here.

Grey Wolf Lodge
GREY WOLF LODGE
4411 Pelican Rd.
Orr, MN 55771
1-(800)-840-9653
E-mail: johnandcarol@greywolflodge.com
www.greywolflodge.com

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Me and a buddy went out this afternoon and did pretty well.
Caught over 60 fish, but we only kept 14 Crappies, 9 Bluegills and 1 Perch.  :happy1:

Hunter

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:  great job!!!!!!

where did you end up going?
« Last Edit: January 01/24/09, 08:11:53 PM by kingfisher1 »

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Nice Hunter, sounds like a great weekend. I went up to the Brainerd Tourney. Didn't place but the winning fish was caught 4 holes away from us about three minutes into the contest.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We went to West Rush.

Offline panfisher

Going up to mille lacs this weekend any help from people where to go.   Also looking for nice big lite shack to buy ?????? 8 or 10 X sixteen :help:

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Going up to mille lacs this weekend any help from people where to go.   Also looking for nice big lite shack to buy ?????? 8 or 10 X sixteen :help:

Check the classifieds for a shack. I think Big Slick had a perm. shack for sale that looked pretty light.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields