Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO-Fawkinnae Racing Fantasy League '09  (Read 11952 times)

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
MNO with the help of Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club has set up a fantasy racing league with Yahoo for the '09 season.  It starts in just a few short weeks with Speedweeks at Daytona.  

Doug from Fawkinnae Sportsmans Club has gratiously dontated 3 rare Fawkinnae Racing T-shirts!! First, second & third place will each win one.  All you have to do is be an MNO member to be eligible to sign up.  So all guests out there interested-register to be a member now!

Rules: (it's lengthy-but worth the read, especially if you're new to yahoo fantasy racing)

Welcome to Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Auto Racing, where you run your own fantasy team of real professional drivers.

Each week, before qualifying begins, you choose an eight-driver team from among three groupings of eligible drivers. Then, before the race, you select four starting drivers for your team.

So, the challenge is not only to pick the best team race in and race out, but also to manage your team in a way that produces the highest possible fantasy score.

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Auto Racing is a weekly game that begins with the Daytona 500 on Sunday, February 15, 2009, and runs through the Ford 400 on Sunday, November 22, 2009.

In addition, the season is broken down into three segments. The first segment (Spring) begins with the Daytona 500 (February 15) and ends with the Southern 500 (May 9). The second segment (Summer) starts with the Coca-Cola 600 (May 24) and runs through the Sharpie 500 (August 22). The third segment (Fall) starts with the Pep Boys Auto 500 (September 6) and runs through the Ford 400 (November 22).

All groups will have a score sheet for each segment of the season, as well as a fourth that shows the overall score earned by your team throughout the full season.

You can join the game anytime between now and February 13th.
The game is comprised of weekly contests that begin on Monday and conclude on Sunday, unless Monday racing is required to decide a real-life race winner.

The deadline to create a team for each race is 2:00 a.m. PT on the day of qualifying.

Available drivers are divided into three groups—A, B, and C—prior to the beginning of the racing season. Once in a group, a driver will not be moved to another group at any time during the season. However, additional drivers may be added to the game at any point during the season.

To choose drivers, click the add/drop links in the player list on your Team page for any driver grouping (A, B, or C List). You must choose an eight-man squad that includes two members from the A List, four from the B List, and two from the C List.

Activate drivers by swapping them between Starters and Bench and clicking "Submit." If you do not click the "Submit" button your changes will be lost.

The deadline to make team changes for the next race is 2:00 a.m. PT on the night before qualifying. With a few exceptions, this is Thursday night at 2:00 a.m. PT.

If you don't make any changes by this deadline, your team remains the same as the previous week.

Before each race, you must activate a squad of four starting drivers on your Team page. This active group of Starters must include one driver from the A List, two from the B List, and one from the C List. The rest of your team members are on the Bench, who don't score fantasy points (except for qualifying bonus points).

To activate a driver, swap him between the Bench and the Starters section of your roster and then click "Submit."

The deadline to change the status of a driver on your team from Bench to Starter is five minutes before the scheduled start of each race (view the complete schedule). If you don't make any changes, your active drivers remain the same as they were for the previous race.

These deadlines are based on the original race schedule and don't change even if there's a delay to the start or finish of a given race.

Each driver in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Auto Racing can be an active member of your team in no more than nine races.

For the purposes of this game, a driver must be active for a race (not during qualifying) in order to receive credit for a race started. Likewise, a driver who is on your team but stays in a reserve position during the race does not get credit for a race started.

When a driver has reached the nine-race limit, he no longer accumulates any fantasy points for your team even if he occupies an active roster spot. This limit does not change no matter when you join the game.

Your driver's start totals do not reset at that half-way point of the season. If you start your driver nine times during the first half of the season, he isn't eligible to earn any fantasy points (neither qualifying nor start points) for the remainder of the season.

If you reach the nine-race limit for a driver on your current roster, you cannot release him and then reacquire him. You can keep the driver on your roster, but he no longer accumulates any points.

If a driver is on your active roster for a given race but does not drive in that real-life event, he isn't credited with a race started.

The number of races each driver has remaining for you is listed in a box in the "Starts Left" column along with all of his other stats.

The deadline for picking new drivers for the upcoming race is 2:00 a.m. PT on the morning of qualifying.

The deadline to change the status of a driver on your team from reserve to active is five minutes before the scheduled start of each race (view the complete schedule).

Please note that the scheduled race time usually differs from the actual start time of the race. Rosters are locked based on the time displayed on the Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Racing schedule.

Each driver can receive a maximum of 90 fantasy points during each race. The top 45 finishers receive points, with the winning driver getting the maximum 90, and other drivers receiving 2 fewer points for every spot they finish behind the leader (e.g., the second-place driver gets 88 points, the third-place driver gets 86).

You receive the total points earned by all active drivers on your team provided that they haven't already been active in nine races (see the Maximum Starts section for more information).

Bonus points are awarded to each of the drivers with the 4 best starting positions after qualifying. The top qualifier receives 10 bonus points, the second receives 5, the third receives 3 and the fourth receives 1. Because qualifying for Daytona 500 is broken up over 2 days, these bonus points are not awarded for the Daytona 500.

An additional 10 bonus points are awarded to each driver who leads at least 1 lap during a race. The driver leading the most laps during a race also earns another 10 bonus points. To earn these bonus points for your fantasy team, a driver must be on your team and active during the race.

If a race is officially canceled, no fantasy team receives any points for that race. All other scoring rules stay the same. If qualifying or a race is delayed or postponed, no points are awarded until it's completed. If qualifying is canceled and the starting grid is determined by Sprint Cup points standings, no qualifying bonus points are awarded.

All applicable driver statistics are updated following qualifying and after each race.

All weekly fantasy point totals, group standings, and leaderboards are updated every Monday morning.

The front page leaderboard displays the top 10 teams and has a link to a listing of the top 50. Standings on public group pages display the top 50 performing teams and show you where your team ranks.

Standings on private group pages display points for all owners in the group.

Expert Picks
This chart lets you see which drivers our fantasy experts have selected each week, as well as the most popular picks by other Yahoo! users. It is located in the "Research" section under "Expert Picks."

Driver Distribution Table
This tool shows you the percentage of teams that have chosen a given driver. It is located in the "Research" section under "Driver Distribution."

Driver Performance Table
This tool shows you the top fantasy performers for each week of the season. It is located in the "Research" section under "Driver Performance."

Schedule & Previews
This table shows you the entire season schedule with race times, previews and qualifying notes. It is located in the "Research" section under "Schedule & Previews."

All applicable driver statistics are updated following qualifying and after each race.

All weekly fantasy point totals and group standings are available on Monday mornings.

Anyone interested in joining, make a post in this thread, and I'll send you the info. to register.   :happy1:
« Last Edit: January 01/21/10, 02:56:51 PM by Jeff »
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline BK19

• Outdoorsman
    • keechracing
i am interested in joining keechracing19@msn.com
my wallet is as empty as a monday morning church

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
E-mail sent. Welcome to the League!  :happy1:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Joe

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Outdoors Weekly
I'll be in again this year.
Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint-- and another one!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline JoeFisherman

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Cool, count me in!  :USA:

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
You've both got PM's.  This is looking to be a good season for MNO Fantasy racing!  :happy1:

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Woody I would be happy to donate some t-shirt prizes again. Of course they sometimes leave a bit of an aftertaste.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Cody-pm sent.  Welcome the the league!

Doug, the aftertaste is a good one-like a good beer has!  :toast:  I thank you for your offer and  it's funny you should mention this as I was thinking of buying a shirt or 2 from you for this contest.  I'll contact you regarding this shortly.  Thanks again-you RAWK!  :rocker; 

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I met up with Doug at Fawkinnae World Headquarters to discuss sponsorship.  After hours of negotiations and a couple of beverages  :toast: we came to an agreement.  Doug has gratiously donated 3 rare Fawkinnae Racing t-shirts!  These will go to the first, second and third place finishers at the end of the season.  Thank you very much Doug and thank you very much Fawkinnae Racing! With that I ask each of you to show your appreciation, stop by their site and check them out-you just never know what you might find there.  And don't forget to point them out to your friends as well!  :happy1:

Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club

*I changed the deadline to register for this league by Friday, February 13th. 

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Spinach

• Outdoorsman
  • Woodbury Mn
Count me and lil spinach in again please.
MNO Fishing Reports
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN
Support MNO Sponsors
AKA "Spinach"

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Thanks Doug for the donation!  Hey Woody! who was the winner
last year?  ;D hmmmm  probly the same as this year  :rotflmao:

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
That does it. I'm putting Woody in charge of marketing.
He's way better at it than I am.
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
Fawkinnae racing shirt.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Sweet! Do you know if Mankato Tent and Awning does alterations?  If things keep going the way they are I'll have to have mine let out a lil.   :whistling:  :doah:  (I'm in shape-round IS a shape)  ;D

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
Woody I can print up to 5XL. Put a heater in there and you've got a portable fish house.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Hey Doug you buy a race car, a Fawkinnae race car and
i will drive that damn fawkinnae car for ya!

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Woody I can print up to 5XL. Put a heater in there and you've got a portable fish house.

SWEET!  :rotflmao:

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey Doug you buy a race car, a Fawkinnae race car and
i will drive that damn fawkinnae car for ya!

randy

Do you mean like this one?

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
wow! you actually got a race car.. dang i would like to drive
that thing. ;D

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Randy-you go ahead and drive it.  I'll be busy with the Fawkinnae pit crew!

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'll volunteer to sell the peanuts, popcorn, conies and Hamms................  ;D

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
yea right! with Woody and Hunter around... they wouldnt get
no tires or gas on the car...

randy
bonehead149@yahoo.com

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
yea right! with Woody and Hunter around... they wouldnt get
no tires or gas on the car...

randy

Your right Bone! They wouldn't be paying attention to the car...They prolly WOOD put the gas on the car!  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!