Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: River Monsters  (Read 7630 times)

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
(from Animal Planet's web site)
Extreme angler Jeremy Wade is on the hunt for the freshwater fish with a taste for human flesh. This international excursion through the dark side of the watery depths mixes action and adventure with incredible mysteries, edge-of-the-seat chases and a battle of will between man and almost supernatural beasts that lurk in the serpentine waterways of the planet, subsisting murderously underwater and growing to truly awesome sizes. Like all the best horror movies, the images are intense and immediate, gritty and real. Wade illustrates to the viewer, like a forensic investigation, exactly how these river monsters are constructed to kill.

Sunday, April 5th at 9 pm on Animal Planet.  
*Check local listings to be certain of air time. 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I for one hope to watch this.  The previews looked pretty interesting. 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
I'm sure it will be a great show that teaches you while they go through it. I think that's why I like animal planet, discovery, and the history channel.

I'll have to check these previews out, I really enjoy the "monster hunts" when they find them.

On a side note Jeff, from a different viewpoint it sounds like a realtor trying to sell a house. I hope the show isn't a dud, but animal planet seems to produce decent shows.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
I too am a huge fan of Discovery Channel, History Channel, Military channel and National Geographic channel.  I hope it's not a dud, from the previews it looked good.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

*I'm not the author of the show's description, but I agree it sounds like a pitch.  Almost "monotone".   

Some of the fish they show are from Asia, and some from South America.  I don't know their names, but I recognize them from other shows I've seen.  Narly looking fish out there!

www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Freshwater fish with a taste for human flesh? Could there be a segment on sunfish that bite nipples and moles?
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
THE FEROCIOUS VELCRO-TOOTHED BLUEGILL ATTACKED THE UNSUSPECTING VICTIM AS HE UNKNOWINGLY SET UP HIS DOCK IN THE COOL WATERS OF THE TOOTHY BLUEGILLS TERRITORY OF GULL LAKE..... (music from Jaws... BA-LUMP BUMP BUMPBUMP BA BAAAA) :rotflmao: :bonk: :scratch:

Offline Effie07

• Outdoorsman
And I thought only Big Elbow Lake in Becker Co. had these man eating fish.  I have noticed that the pumpkinseeds tend to be the worst one to have grab your nipple.  One actually made me bleed last year and the soreness stayed for a week.

Who has a camera, we can start filming as soon as the ice is off!
You can't afford not to go fishing.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I've had um rip the hair off of my leg while fly fishing.....geeze that smarts!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline tuna

• Outdoorsman
they always seem to like scabs too
just relax

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
that's why you zip yur fly...  :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
that's why you zip yur fly...  :whistling:

(shakes his head)
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline tuna

• Outdoorsman
possibley
just relax

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
here is some valued advice: don't skinny dip in musky waters. I heard they bite on big bleached out nightcrawlers
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
well i wont have anything to worry about then if they dont feed on pythons   :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
I got the show all setup on the DVR. Thanks for bringing it up. Sounds like an awesome show.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline KTapper

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I just saw the preview lastnight and I cannot wait for it!