Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cultivator??  (Read 3220 times)

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Anyone have any experience with one of these??

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It's basically a "spring tooth".  My dad had an old three section one (each section is about 4 feet). I use one section at a time and drag it behind a 4 wheeler.  It works great to level and prepare a food plots.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
They also work great if you take out some of the tines to cultivate between rows of corn.
Saves on the cost of spray to keep the weeds down. And it gives the corn a chance to get established before the weeds do.

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
I would like to see more on that 3 point hitch type assembly on the back of that wheeler.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Danish tooth or s-tine cultivators like the one pictured work good for lots of things if light tillage is your desire. Works best when weeds are small and soils are loose. We had a 3 point model (Kongskilde I think) for the tractor growing up and could shift the teeth on the frame as Hunter said to use it as a 4 row cultivator for corn and soybeans. Shift them back and it was a light duty field cultivator again.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline 7outof10

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
my friend has one kind of like it and we likes it but it takes some power to use ......(need to have a Polaris ) lol  ;D

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Only works in loose soil.  If you want it to break ground you will need the rigid shanks, not the spring type.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Maybe next year... It seems like one of those would work really well to level and flatten the plot a bit.....

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Rent a tractor with a tiller on the pto.  Works GREAT for breaking sod the first year.  Get the cheap insurance.  You will be hitting a lot of rocks and tree roots.  We did it the first year and it was the best choise by far.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
Rent a tractor with a tiller on the pto.  Works GREAT for breaking sod the first year.  Get the cheap insurance.  You will be hitting a lot of rocks and tree roots.  We did it the first year and it was the best choise by far.

Funny you say that because that is exactly what we are using.  :happy1:

Glad to hear someone else has had success this route. We broke one area real well just wish I had something to smooth it and flaten it a bit more. That cultivator looks very nice.

Offline Auggie

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Start'em young
    • www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
If you are just looking to level it get yourself an old drag section. Another thing that works well to level is an old mattress spring with some weight on it. I mean the OLD ones like your grandparents slept on, not the newer style ones.
Shane Augeson
Wallhangers Taxidermy Studio
9040 40th St NW
Milan MN 56262
www.wallhangerstaxidermystudio.com
320-269-3337

Offline ChrisWallace

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If you are just looking to level it get yourself an old drag section. Another thing that works well to level is an old mattress spring with some weight on it. I mean the OLD ones like your grandparents slept on, not the newer style ones.

Of if you dont have a really old spring mattress chain link fence will work as well.