Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bears?  (Read 2075 times)

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
anyone connect on any black bears? post your stories and pictures here :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I didn't go but I did have a bear eat my 1 pound mollasis salt block that was on top of my salt lick for the deer. 

I was helping my mother pick some wild rasberries for some of her award winning jelly and she noticed an area in the patch that was about 4 foot round that was laying flat on the ground.  I knew what it was but couldn't bring myself to tell her until we were out of the woods.  I REALLY, REALLY like her jelly.  After we were out of the woods I told her that it was where a bear had taken a nap and she told me that next year I will have to pick ALL of the berries myself.  She did offer to by me a bear lisence next year.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I've had a bait station out for a couple weeks now, but it hasn't been hit yet...........
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
How big do you guys think this guy is?

« Last Edit: September 09/09/09, 10:34:47 AM by dakids »
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw on tv they use a 50gal barrel to judge how big they are to see if they want to shoot or not. :fudd:
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
looks like a good sized boar to me

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
anyone connect on any black bears? post your stories and pictures here :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

No connection thus far yet for me. The buggers been hittin the bait overnight, so gonna try setting up the wildview this weekend to see when/what time it really is. Maybe a morn. hunt?

I'll update and send pics if something actually comes by with the camera out there.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline WoodChuck

• Master Outdoorsman
  • " Minnesota Outdoorsman supporter"
bear camp/2009 was a blast ! a good hunter and fellow brother went with the chucker to cook, mn for 2 weeks to bag a small bruin. this one was taken at 20 yards with an .06 150 grn. .... weight was 140 live/dead and field dressed at 105 . it has a large head and ears so guessing it to be around 2.5 years old. te brown muzzel tells its not a yearling. the few bears that were taged in the cook area were all in the small size and under 175 pounds dressed....
"i am not the KING FISHER , nor the fisher of men , but i am a fisherman "    membership n. 141