Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New fish house heater  (Read 11419 times)

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  Just bought a used wheeled sleeper house and need a new wall mount heater.  My buddys sleeper house has a vent less wall heater  but his house has vents and carbon sensor. And I have slept in that house with no problems. well no more than I started with :doah: Any way looking at spending 2-3 hundred on a wall mount unit. Vented or ventless  whats your opinions and Ideas  not a big purchase but want something that I will be happy with.????

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Thats one that pops up on here quite a bit... its a good question.  My take is if its not a sleeper type house, a ventless is fine with decent air circulation... But if ya have beds in it, Id go outside vented for sure.  Even with the modern units with the low O2 shut offs and the Co2 wall monitors bad things can happen, wind caused vacuum effect not letting air in,  incorrect placement of detectors etc.  The way I look at it is:  If yer spending $200 on a ventless unit, spend $150, or a bit more, and get an Empire (or similar) with a outside vent... Its worth yours or someone elses life, eh? :happy1:  Remember, its not just Co2 thats an issue, its the O2 being used up in a space also.....

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 Thanks for your input. Any one know where in the st.cloud area sells vented wall furnaces?  All I can seem to find at the  stores  are non vented.

Offline pikechaser

• Minnow
I would look online, or try some fireplace or hvac dealers.  I have seen them in some stores here in the metro, i think fleet farm.  Its well worth the money to get a direct vent, if not firt safety reasons, repair parts are easier to come by

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Check some smaller RV places that do repair... I got my shack from Franks RV in Ramsey on Hwy 10.... theyve been really good with me over the years... great guys there!  Theres gotta be an RV part/repair place or two closer to you up there, but Franks RV is a good one.... :happy1:

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Like thunderpout mentioned, an RV place-Pleasureland?  Not sure if they're still around.  Also Northern Tool has them.  Fishhouse supply also has them.   :happy1: 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
The Unclaimed freight places have fish houses for sale and they have parts.
There is one in Mora, and one in Milaca.

You could give them a call as well..........
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline tomcat

• Outdoorsman
I am sure Menards and Fleet Farm has Heaters. I have a Empire vent type heater in my wheel house and feel very safe sleeping when its on.

tomcat

Offline KTapper

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
This is my first year with a perm, and I just have a mr/hearer cooker, and I don't plan on using it at night, probably just warm it up before I go to bed, and just make sure I have plenty of bedding to stay warm.

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 I have checked mills and menards  they carry wall mounted heaters but r all ventless.  Im checking with a couple independts.

Offline RavenDog

• Outdoorsman
I can get them at a pretty good price!  I work at MJ Mimbach Trailers in St. cloud.  Stop by one day.  I'm there from 10-430 about every day.  Give us a call 320-529-0525!  Thanks Chad

Offline spear foot 1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
 I will be giving you a call :happy1:

Offline changeit

Heeeelllooo!! We do have a sponsor??? Fish House Supply??  Not sure if they advertise here so everyone advises everyone else to go elsewhere??  Come on Guys.. They are the best  and have probably 30 different heaters to pick from and are cheaper then Unclaimed!
Lets pump the sponsors!!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Heeeelllooo!! We do have a sponsor??? Fish House Supply??  Not sure if they advertise here so everyone advises everyone else to go elsewhere??  Come on Guys.. They are the best  and have probably 30 different heaters to pick from and are cheaper then Unclaimed!
Lets pump the sponsors!!

Like thunderpout mentioned, an RV place-Pleasureland?  Not sure if they're still around.  Also Northern Tool has them.  Fishhouse supply also has them.   :happy1: 
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com