Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Line Choice  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
So I just spooled my reels up with the Neon Fire and Glacier Blue Sufix Ice Braid, gonna try it out this weekend, anyone tried it? Heard it is some of the best stuff you can get.

What ya guys think about it if you have tried it?

DH

Offline thunderpout

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard good things about the sufix braid... Im personally not into braided lines for ice fishing though.  I do fine with Berkley mono ice line, and have gotten some big eyes on 3lb crappie set ups... no reason to switch... though Im tryin the new red color.... supposed to be invisible to fish... we'll see. :coffee: ;)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Berkley Fire Line period.  On every single rod I have.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline MNBucKKiller

• Xtreme Outdoorsman

Im not a big fan of that stuff in the winter... frays to easily and the ice builds up on it too quickly.  summer its not bad but there are better brands

Haven't really found one yet that I have no complaints about.  Stren magnathin or p-line are probably my favorite ice fishing lines, the ice doesn't build up, no fray.  Only thing is its not as strong and there is stretch...summer time it power pro for sure, winter the ice builds up too fast.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I haven't tried the Neon Fire stuff.....let us know how it works.

I'm with Thunder, I use the Berkley mono ice line.

The only thing that I have braided on for the winter, is my tip-ups.

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Im not a big fan of that stuff in the winter... frays to easily and the ice builds up on it too quickly.  summer its not bad but there are better brands

Haven't really found one yet that I have no complaints about.  Stren magnathin or p-line are probably my favorite ice fishing lines, the ice doesn't build up, no fray.  Only thing is its not as strong and there is stretch...summer time it power pro for sure, winter the ice builds up too fast.

Guess I don't have the problem of ice build up,but I fish inside the house or portable.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline fubar

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
whatever 3 lb mono i happen to have.