Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Theives  (Read 10059 times)

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
We had some low life theives at our campground the last week or so. They took a couple of my rods and reels and some other rods and tackle from other people. Then they came back and stold some gas tanks from the boats. I would have no problem if the police catch them and cut off there hands. This happened at Pelican RV next to Glenwood.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
That REALLY sucks!

The other day, I came back to the landing and someone took the lights off of my trailer....It's a good thing I only live a mile from the lake...but, still ticks a guy off!  :banghead:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Too bad they cant be caught and beaten and hung....

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
Too bad they cant be caught and beaten and hung....

randy

hang them by there ba!!s
« Last Edit: June 06/20/10, 06:33:37 PM by Dan R. »
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
thats really bad!!! its to the point now that i strip everything that comes off easily(except my trailer lights) off my truck. i refuse to go to lake calhoun,because that seems to be the worst place. the world today, can trust very few ppl

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
What's so special about trailer lights.  I just read in a local paper some guy had his trailer lights and catalitic converter stolen while parked at a Clear Lake landing.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Too bad the cops cant do a sting type thing like the show bait car.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
i had to buy a whole new light assembly for the right trailer light because i broke it and it cost 6 dollars to replace. as for catalac(sp) converter i really dont know the point of that.

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess the metals (platinum, palladium and rhodium) in the catalytic converter is worth a little bit of money... thats the only thing i can think of why someone would take it.
Sorry to hear about that HUNTER2, bunch of scoundrels - as said, there arent many trustworthy people around anymore.  I guess if there are more cases of things being stolen they have a better chance of being caught.

--- I just read an artical that with metal prices being high, people can get some nice money for the metals.... I guess people will do anything to make a dollar.

Prices for scrap catalytic convereters are shown below LTL, TL and in USD per item:

Mixed Catalytic Convertor Scrap 22.17 37.04 each USD
Scrap Convertors (Small GM) 30.77 51.33 each USD
Scrap Convertors (Large GM) 46.23 77.14 each USD
Scrap Convertors (Standard American) 22.17 37.04 each USD
Large Domestic – Honeycomb 28.29 47.25 each USD
Scrap Convertors (Large Chrysler) 37.77 63.00 each USD
Scrap Convertors (Small European/Asian) 38.94 64.89 each USD
Scrap Convertors (Large European/Asian) 61.83 103.10 each USD
Scrap Convertors (After Market) 3.65 6.12 each USD
Scrap Convertors (Foils/Wraps) 7.44 12.40 each USD
« Last Edit: June 06/20/10, 11:10:21 PM by mtcommer3518 »

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
well if i catch anyone under my truck trying to steal my catalac(sp) converter ill kick them square inbetween the legs as hard as i can, over and over again

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
It's very sad that there are low-lifes targeting people who are out enjoying outdoor activities.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Had someone break into my rod locker and steal eight rods from me a few weeks ago. It sucks!!!!

I wish there was a way to find them but who knows how.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Set something up on your own, they break in on your property.Self defense. Cops are to lazy.

Offline KTapper

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Set something up on your own, they break in on your property.Self defense. Cops are to lazy.

You should rephrase that and say some cops are lazy!

It is a shame that we can't live in a place where we can leave our vehicles unlocked and belongings unlocked. People are crazy know and you never know what they may be capable of. People wonder why I carry a pistol when im fishing. There are some shady people that fish..

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
I do think there is a law in MN that you can not use force in defense of property, it is not self defense.  :coffee:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
I do think there is a law in MN that you can not use force in defense of property, it is not self defense.  :coffee:

You correct on that one.  For example, if a crook breaks into your house, you cannot shoot him.  He has more rights than you if that happens. Heck, he or his immediate family can sue you for shooting him yet he broke into your house. 

Somethings just aren't right.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline HUNTER2

• Master Outdoorsman
I think you are wrong on that one. If they break into your house you can shoot them. They were about to do you harm. Just make sure they don't make it outside.
HUNT & FISH TELL YA DROP
I.B.O.T.'s 249 & 250
 Handle every stressful situation like a dog.  If
                        you can't eat it or hump it.

Piss on it and walk away

Offline KTapper

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Minnesota is a must retreat state which means that you have to retreat if there is any possible way and if there is not then you can shoot. I personally hate that I feel every state should be  stand your ground.

Offline big_i80

All my gear got ripped offlast week sometime. I discovered it on Sunday. 20+ years of gear gone. This seems to be a recurring theme. Who is doing this? Who is buying it from them? I can't think they just keep everything. I would imagine it's for the money and not the gear.

Offline kcarder

• Outdoorsman
Minnesota is a must retreat state which means that you have to retreat if there is any possible way and if there is not then you can shoot. I personally hate that I feel every state should be  stand your ground.

2010 Minnesota Statutes

609.065 JUSTIFIABLE TAKING OF LIFE.

The intentional taking of the life of another is not authorized by section 609.06, except when necessary in resisting or preventing an offense which the actor reasonably believes exposes the actor or another to great bodily harm or death, or preventing the commission of a felony in the actor's place of abode.

Burglary or bodily harm would be a felony.
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."
                                 A.K. Best

Offline AJDodgerf

• Outdoorsman
you just have to remember these important words..."I was in fear for my life, as I believed they were going to hurt/kill me"
In God we trust
2012 Deer Hunting Team Champion

Offline AJDodgerf

• Outdoorsman
Oh yeah, and if they make it outside make sure to drag their corpses back into your house!!!
In God we trust
2012 Deer Hunting Team Champion

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
In this liberal state I would not want to have to face a judge for shooting someone who robbed my house. You had better be able to prove you were in fear of your life. I do not carry but was told by my uncle that when he recieved his permit the instructor told him if you do ever need to use your gun to defend yourself in MN be prepared to go to jail. You may get out after seeing a judge but will most likely be going there initially.

Offline kcarder

• Outdoorsman
Come to think of it the only good use for a thief IS target practice.  I haven't figured out another use.  If anyone else has I would be interested in hearing it.
"The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad."
                                 A.K. Best

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Come to think of it the only good use for a thief IS target practice.  I haven't figured out another use.  If anyone else has I would be interested in hearing it.
Medical experiments can be very beneficial to the general public.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
that bouncer that shot that guy in minneapolis had his conceal permit and they never charged him.  he was outside the bar.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Let's all be realistic and say that if someone were to break into your house and try to hurt you, the last thing anyone would be thinking of is what law you would be breaking defending yourself.

You can put any subsection jargon on here all you want, but the bottom line is if someone breaks into my house I am going to stop them from hurting my family or myself with any means necessary regardless of the outcome because that is not what I will be thinking about.....Now if you were to follow the idiot outside after you pummeled him, or put a few rounds into him, to finish him off.....well you're gonna pay for that one no matter what judge you run into.

I hope I am never in a position to take another persons life. I truthfully wouldn't give two craps if they stole something, a life is worth a hell of alot more than objects.

Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Let's all be realistic and say that if someone were to break into your house and try to hurt you, the last thing anyone would be thinking of is what law you would be breaking defending yourself.

You can put any subsection jargon on here all you want, but the bottom line is if someone breaks into my house I am going to stop them from hurting my family or myself with any means necessary regardless of the outcome because that is not what I will be thinking about.....Now if you were to follow the idiot outside after you pummeled him, or put a few rounds into him, to finish him off.....well you're gonna pay for that one no matter what judge you run into.

I hope I am never in a position to take another persons life. I truthfully wouldn't give two craps if they stole something, a life is worth a hell of alot more than objects.

:happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.