Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487657 times)

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Real good Jim. Yeah those red dancing M&M's are really alarming.

Those red, dancing M&M's will be alarming when they start dancing on the heads of the other teams!! training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
SEALTeam 6 awaits the mass surrender to begin! :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:
So there! :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Just when to the sport shop next door and got me a new fishing pole,  ;D

Translate...went next door to Walmart and got a Roland Martin Rocket Rod (tm)   :king:

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Some how , I knew....you guy's would figure out a way to get me to post in this thread....

White spinner bait....
We don't care what blade or the shape...but this must be clear in the photo "MNO" on the blade so we can read it. if we can't read it, photo will be disqualified. Last year, someone wanted me to change the rules for the hook being attached, so I left that in this year, it is stated in the rules ...hook... no hook..... it don't matter.

DDS...put a white skirt on it...if we can read it, then yes, it would qualify...

Ken, in your case, since you are a former champ...yours would need a birth certificate.  ;)

You guys are making this seem harder than it is.

They sell these cheap spinner baits at every walmart, gander, fleet farm, bait shop and holiday station across the globe...they aren't hard to find.....

If you still have a question, and you have a consern that it may be disqualified...take a picture of it, post it, and I'll tell ya if it is or is not a qualifing staple item. That way I can bless each and every one you throw out there.

HD

HD I one of the one that  :scratch: your stamp Idem  :censored:
First off what make you  :scratch: I would by a cheap spinner baits  ;D
And now you want me to paint on it which I have try and photo it but you can not see the MNO on it one thing is it reflect the light off of it and it is small  :censored:

Now HD If you  :scratch: I want a tackle box full of fishing tackle with MNO on them you are out of you  :censored: mine,  ;D

Now why would you want to make this hard for us????????????????????????????????????

Oh I see Now you see what I was talking about,  :Photography: I had thou some of you was not reading and compute what HD was telling you. DDS got it so I say look luck in the  :Photography: A phone camera will not cut it,,  :sorry:

Well it seem that Cody Gruchow just did not read my post  ;D

(Cody) battery on the camera was dead so its back to taking pictures with the phone. it was actually 30 inch(dang phone) but the last part you can see is 29 before the pic is cut off   :cry: :cry:

(Judges)  :sorry:  Cody. All three Judges looked at it and there is no "MNO" on the spinner bait. We are in agreement that we will have to disqualify your fish.  :sorry:

Now I hate to be the one to rub it in But I will  ;D  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    I feel bad for Cody and his team.  The judges too.  They made a tough call.  They made the right call though.  There is more to this challenge than just catching a fish.   Trying to get a pic in focus with the staple item and ruler is no easy task especially if you are fishing by yourself.  Team Make A Move does not need to win by disqualifications.  Team Barbarians and Seal Team 6 will need a lot of DQs to finish in the top 10.  Too bad Cody.  Nice fish.  Go get another bigger one.   :happy1:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
     I'm thinking greatoutdoors remembered his spinnerbait but forgot the plug for his boat.   If he manages to catch a legal bass he could hold the largest bass spot for a couple of days.  That wouldn't be bad for a rookie.  Problem is he has to catch a legal bass off it's bed.  Easiest pickens of the year.  I think not.  We did give you a chance though. ;)  We southerners consider it sporting to give you as well as the bass  a chance.   :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
     I'm thinking greatoutdoors remembered his spinnerbait but forgot the plug for his boat.   If he manages to catch a legal bass he could hold the largest bass spot for a couple of days.  That wouldn't be bad for a rookie.  Problem is he has to catch a legal bass off it's bed.  Easiest pickens of the year.  I think not.  We did give you a chance though. ;)  We southerners consider it sporting to give you as well as the bass  a chance.   :rotflmao:
Ya right, and when we have ice on the water here you southern boys will still be fishing for bass in shirt sleeves. I think we are giving you guys more than a few chances,to catch up.  :coffee: If the season was open you would be right on top of them bass in their beds serving them breakfast..
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
You tell em Bobby!! :happy1:
Let them talk now, because the silence will be deafening when SEALTeam 6 starts to roll, and begins punishing the competition in the not too distant future!!! :Clap:
Hoo Rah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fishing2:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
wildlife i can outfish you with my eyes closed and from shore...... but i am bowing out of the challenge. thats a 9 dollar spinner that im not going to ruin, so its a little different than a .50 cent bobber or a old daredevil i have laying around.  so im not posting anymore fish from here on out i give up and i apologize to my team mates. im more concerned with returning the fish to the water safely than getting a good pic. happy fishing guys
« Last Edit: May 05/24/11, 09:14:26 PM by Cody Gruchow »

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
wildlife i can outfish you with my eyes closed and from shore...... but i am bowing out of the challenge. thats a 9 dollar spinner that im not going to ruin, so its a little different than a .50 cent bobber or a old daredevil i have laying around.  so im not posting anymore fish from here on out i give up and i apologize to my team mates. im more concerned with returning the fish to the water safely than getting a good pic. happy fishing guys
Cody really, nine dollar spinner bait? If it is that big a deal you could write MNO on a piece of white tape and put it on the blade. You are not going to fish any more? There is like what, over 30 chances to win a prize worth more than your spinnerbait. :scratch:
Bobby Bass

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
has nothing to do with the prizes bobby. ya im still gonna fish but im not bothering with pictures anymore. i do this for the fun competition with fellow mno'ers, never cared about the prizes one bit.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Hey I had nothing to do with this!! I said the same thing. I was trying to give you all head up on it was going to be harder to photo, I agree with you 100% on the spinner bait, It could have been a lighter with MNO on it. it dose not all ways have to do with tackle. Now I am  :sorry: your fish did not count But I am not a judge.

As I fill the same way about get the fish back in the water safe. But you do not have to quit Cody No one here want you to,  :happy1:

As to you out fishing me with you eyes close and from shore. Bring it on will see about that.  ;D   

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Cody A fish board  :help: you can make one by yourself buy the tap for it. This  :help: hole the fish in while you take the photos. a cell phone will not take a good photo Again I am  :sorry:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
lol wildlife im not mad at anyone or the judges, if i didnt say anything about being my phone that had taken the picture no one would of been able to tell because you can read the tape just fine it was just a inch short. its the spinnerbait that i refuse to ruin, again like i said im not mad at anyone. the judges job is tough

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
How can you ruin a spinnerbait?? :scratch:
It's already nothing more some metal, rubber, and a hook that's been made into something useless and ugly.
Hell, all they're good for is making an MNO sign, or an earring for a real large person! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
lol wildlife im not mad at anyone or the judges, if i didnt say anything about being my phone that had taken the picture no one would of been able to tell because you can read the tape just fine it was just a inch short. its the spinnerbait that i refuse to ruin, again like i said im not mad at anyone. the judges job is tough

Cody, you don't have to ruin the spinner bait....just take a piece of masking tape, write "MNO" on it, put it on the blade...easy...when your done, take it off...

If you REALLY want out, I can try to find a sub.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: man, as an outsider lookin in i've readevery post in this thread. AWESOME...........FUNNY  readin. ya all should be politicans!!!!!!!! :toast: :drinking: :drinking:  you all definitely tell stories and  :bs: :bs: :bs: :blablabla: :blablabla: like trus fishermen!! keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :dancinred: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :Clap:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Cody, I completely believe you in regards to your opinion to the prizes and doing it for the fun, just the type of guy your are.  However coming from a long line, that you do, of obviously being a part of a team (football)  I never thought I would read those words about giving up on your teammates from you.  
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: man, as an outsider lookin in i've readevery post in this thread. AWESOME...........FUNNY  readin. ya all should be politicans!!!!!!!! :toast: :drinking: :drinking:  you all definitely tell stories and  :bs: :bs: :bs: :blablabla: :blablabla: like trus fishermen!! keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot: :dancinred: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :Clap:

glenn57 you know once you post in this thread you are fair game. Which actually surprises me beings you didn't have the guts or fishing know how to sign up for the challenge.     :rotflmao:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
kinda new to this site...............needed to get the feet wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING IT!............. training-087 training-087 :toast: :drinking: :tequila; I CAN DISH IT WELL ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The Barbarians have just took a hit and one man is down.  Willy was trying to make a move on his fishing partner in the boat and was pimp slapped over the side and she broke his new rod to make a point.  Willy swears, in an interview, that he was just trying to show her how to cast and she took it the wrong way.  Here's a pic of the woman who did the devastation.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Cody, I completely believe you in regards to your opinion to the prizes and doing it for the fun, just the type of guy your are.  However coming from a long line, that you do, of obviously being a part of a team (football)  I never thought I would read those words about giving up on your teammates from you.  

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Congratulations to you our General. We've been trying to get you big time and you walked right into our trap. You my friend have JUST BEEN PUNKED. training-087 It took a coordinated effort by a slick group of prankers and we pulled it off. I don't ever think you'll ever be able to top what we just did to you. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :whistling:

PS. Nice mission statement you've just made there General. You may have  a shot at taking over the Opra show now that she's retired. :bow:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/25/11, 11:30:38 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
The Barbarians have just took a hit and one man is down.  Willy was trying to make a move on his fishing partner in the boat and was pimp slapped over the side and she broke his new rod to make a point.  Willy swears, in an interview, that he was just trying to show her how to cast and she took it the wrong way.  Here's a pic of the woman who did the devastation.

Now look Mouth piece!! I been smack a lot harder then this, YOU have FAIL,  :moon:
 If you had 1oz of my talent that would be amazing. But you do not!! Now General  you would love to brake your pole on her we can see it in your posting  :whistling: as to the mannequins that the best looking woman that you may get closer to!!  :doah: Me on the other hand I get to make them That means I get to  :help: fit them on them  ;D

Now I new that you could not resit a good looking mannequins that why this was a plan to get you distracted (Which it did)  In fact I know it as distracted kenhuntin he want a redhead  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

And DDS He still try to  :scratch: of a wait to make a move  :scratch: :scratch:

As to us The Barbarians We want to toy with are victim before we cash them.  ;D
It like putting tar paper up to caught fly and pulling one wing off at a time while there a live.  ;)   

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Point. The reference to the prizes was that you have a very good chance to win a prize well worth more than your nine dollar spinnerbait.  :happy1:  You can as has been pointed out put a piece of tape on the blade and mark it or buy a dollar bait at walley world. There is no proven fact that fish can read and would no longer bite your spinner bait if you so choose to fish with it.  :coffee:
Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
kinda new to this site...............needed to get the feet wet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING IT!............. training-087 training-087 :toast: :drinking: :tequila; I CAN DISH IT WELL ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!

Well glenn57 you just got your feet wet, As The General get smack around so much he now a rag-doll all  training-087 And we like fresh blood  ;D
Now you say you can dish I hope you can take it But time will tell.  :coffee: But as  General said you did not sign up Why You can not fish? Or are you scared of them  :doah: I here there may be a spot opening up See HD  ;D

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh i can fish1 :fishing: :fishing: just dont wanna embarrass anyone!!!! :whistling: :whistling: i just have problems with remembering to bring the neccessary requierements to register fish, ie, camera, website logo. i also belong to sandmannds site and do the same thing there. i usually drag enough stuff to the boat to worry about falling into lake much less donating camera.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
oh i can fish1 :fishing: :fishing: just don't wanna embarrass anyone!!!! :whistling: :whistling: i just have problems with remembering to bring the necessary requirements to register fish, ie, camera, website logo. i also belong to sandmannds site and do the same thing there. i usually drag enough stuff to the boat to worry about falling into lake much less donating camera.

I see the  :cry: all read, You have a  problems with remembering to put your boat on the truck or plug in the boat may be a fishing pole tackle and a camera, Then now do you catch fish? if you can not remembering to bring the necessary requirements  :scratch::scratch: it more of a  :puke:  out.

Now you said the sandmannds as a site  and they do the same thing? are you on a team on that site or are you just a want a be  ;D

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
camera is
not a necessity............poles bait plugs beer....that is.

nope no teams there, your on your own...............no hangin from someones shirttails. carry your own weight. and i,m a wanna be there too!!! for same reason.....i tend to leave camera at home............to busy fishin!!!!!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
 :Fish: What's this some new blood here in Smack.....No  :Photography: O another "You should see the fish I catch dude eh!    :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
camera is
not a necessity............poles bait plugs beer....that is.

nope no teams there, your on your own...............no hangin from someones shirttails. carry your own weight. and i,m a wanna be there too!!! for same reason.....i tend to leave camera at home............to busy fishin!!!!!

In my boat a camera is necessary requirements!! As you can all ways talk sh** but with a photos can back you up.  ;D

So this is how I feel You can talk the sh** all you want but if you can not take the time to get in a friend Fishing Challenge and sign up and are to lazes to bring a camera Then your smack talk is just Sh**  ;D
« Last Edit: May 05/25/11, 04:23:29 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
point me to the thread where YOUR  fish pics are dudes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! otherwise your just talkin smack too!!1 :titanic: :snow5: :dancinred: and i need to get me a spinner bait soon the way this looks!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 05/25/11, 04:26:59 PM by glenn57 »