Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487326 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
BOY! For two guys that aren't going to win anything in The Challenge this year anyhow, you sure ask a lot of questions. Could it just be a case of nerves here? Things are starting to tense up around here. First Willy had to leave town suddenly and now you two guys are beginning to break out in a cold sweat.

"When the going gets tuff the get going"  I think were seeing early signs of panic starting to set in already. Well I guess I'll just go lay down for my mid morning nap.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/07/11, 08:28:13 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Lee,
I'm hearing a lot of big talk, but detect fear and hesitation in the words of most posting on the smack down. :blablabla: :blablabla: :blablabla: :blablabla:
This is my first year in the Challenge, so I'm asking you as an old, seasoned Pro:
Are these "participants" really as whimpy as they sound?? ;)
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Some how , I knew....you guy's would figure out a way to get me to post in this thread....

White spinner bait....
We don't care what blade or the shape...but this must be clear in the photo "MNO" on the blade so we can read it. if we can't read it, photo will be disqualified. Last year, someone wanted me to change the rules for the hook being attached, so I left that in this year, it is stated in the rules ...hook... no hook..... it don't matter.

DDS...put a white skirt on it...if we can read it, then yes, it would qualify...

Ken, in your case, since you are a former champ...yours would need a birth certificate.  ;)

You guys are making this seem harder than it is.

They sell these cheap spinner baits at every walmart, gander, fleet farm, bait shop and holiday station across the globe...they aren't hard to find.....

If you still have a question, and you have a consern that it may be disqualified...take a picture of it, post it, and I'll tell ya if it is or is not a qualifing staple item. That way I can bless each and every one you throw out there.

HD
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"

So now I have to leave here to night to go to SD and will not be back in tell Sunday.

Where in South Dakota are you visiting Wildlife?

www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Lee,
I'm hearing a lot of big talk, but detect fear and hesitation in the words of most posting on the smack down. :blablabla: :blablabla: :blablabla: :blablabla:
This is my first year in the Challenge, so I'm asking you as an old, seasoned Pro:
Are these "participants" really as whimpy as they sound?? ;)

You would have to wake me up from my nap. :taz:   This is the way it works around here G.O. We Like to think of ourselves as competitors versus participants. Of course we will always a percentage of participants. That's where the draft comes in to make it more interesting. Don't take these guys to lightly. They talk a good talk, but we have many real tuff competitors on board every year. :fishing2:

Now that's the last time I'm going to say anything nice about the competition unless they become my team mates. :bonk:

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Even though you know that you’re a awesome fisherman you may need a little extra boost to insure victory in The Challenge this year. Not to worry my friends! This is where I come in to give you the boost you've been looking for. After a lot of deep thought I've decided to come forth and share with my friends the secret of a True Challenge Champion. So, here's the scoop.

For a mere $ 29.95 each and every one of you can purchase one of Lee's original Championship staple items. Each staple Item will be sent to you in a discrete unmarked package. This will be a limited one time offer and supplies are limited. At this time we only have an inventory of 84 left. For those that are interested please send me a PM. This way other competitors can not accuse you of having an unfair advantage in this years challenge.

Your Pal,

Lee

Remember: I'm always looking out for you.  :USA:

« Last Edit: May 05/07/11, 10:11:07 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
For those of you who need things clarified, it has been added to the rule thread:

http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=23452.0
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Even though you know that you’re a awesome fisherman you may need a little extra boost to insure victory in The Challenge this year. Not to worry my friends! This is where I come in to give you the boost you've been looking for. After a lot of deep thought I've decided to come forth and share with my friends the secret of a True Challenge Champion. So, here's the scoop.

For a mere $ 29.95 each and every one of you can purchase one of Lee's original Championship staple items. Each staple Item will be sent to you in a discrete unmarked package. This will be a limited one time offer and supplies are limited. At this time we only have an inventory of 84 left. For those that are interested please send me a PM. This way other competitors can not accuse you of having an unfair advantage in this years challenge.

Your Pal,

Lee

Remember: I'm always looking out for you.  :USA:

Inventory Correction:

It was stated in a prior post that our inventory was down to 84 items. However someone has just sent one back to me :banghead: therefore we will have 85 of our staple Items still available.

Recent update: All orders are considered final. Therefore are nonrefundable. :moon:

« Last Edit: May 05/07/11, 10:42:12 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
                             Enter Sandman :popcorn:

:coffee: It's time to start calling some of these people out that have yet to sign up for The 2011 Fishing Challenge.

Let's start with the sandman. Where art thou Mr. Sandman? We need skilled fisherman to sign up NOW!

After dedicating this song to you SANDMAN you have no choice but to sign up. Let's get it done!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_aR2Eu1T2A[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 05/07/11, 11:05:33 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
LOL, alright Lee, I'm in!!!
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Some how , I knew....you guy's would figure out a way to get me to post in this thread....

White spinner bait....
We don't care what blade or the shape...but this must be clear in the photo "MNO" on the blade so we can read it. if we can't read it, photo will be disqualified. Last year, someone wanted me to change the rules for the hook being attached, so I left that in this year, it is stated in the rules ...hook... no hook..... it don't matter.

DDS...put a white skirt on it...if we can read it, then yes, it would qualify...

Ken, in your case, since you are a former champ...yours would need a birth certificate.  ;)

You guys are making this seem harder than it is.

They sell these cheap spinner baits at every walmart, gander, fleet farm, bait shop and holiday station across the globe...they aren't hard to find.....

If you still have a question, and you have a consern that it may be disqualified...take a picture of it, post it, and I'll tell ya if it is or is not a qualifing staple item. That way I can bless each and every one you throw out there.

HD
Picked up my spinnerbait at Walmart for a dollar! white skirt but had to add the white blade. Printed MNO on both sides of the blade so no matter how it lays you can see the MNO. Will attatch the lure to my fishboard so it is always handy, as easy as that..
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Thanks for the clarification Hunter. I was really just trying to save you the hassle of unnecessary complaints when my white spinnerbait next to a 30"plus walleye has a shiny colorado blade. Fleet farm has no painted blades and niether does my tackle box. Since this staple item is settled I now have to figure out a way to beat Lee in the bass category. Im am getting pumped up for this challenge I hope every one has good luck and an enjoyable season. 
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
LOL, alright Lee, I'm in!!!

Hey sandman!

The crowds have begun to gather outside at the Challenge Sign-up board just to catch a glimpse of your arrival. Unfortunately were going on 24 hrs. now and you still haven't shown. At first the mood was one of great expectation, but now the crowds are starting to turn ugly. I don't know how much longer The challenge committee can hold them back.

What do you intend to do here because I refuse to be held responsible for the safety of the innocent bystanders? Remember it's your reputation that's at stake.
http://mnoutdoorsman.com/forums/index.php?topic=23451.msg166702;topicseen#new

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I was at the barbershop awaiting my turn yesterday. So, I figured I'd thumb through the miscellaneous magazines and I picked up this one magazine and when I saw the cover it happened. I almost craped my pants because I was laughing so hard. :rotflmao:  At first everyone thought I was high on something because I couldn't stop laughing. Then the guy waiting next to me poked his head over to see what was so funny and he started laughing. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Before you know it everyone in the shop started laughing just because the sound of laughter becomes contagious. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Most of the guys didn't even know what they were laughing about. The barber was shaving some guys face and because he was laughing so hard he cut his clients face. :rotflmao:  The guy with the cut face was perturbed and got very angry. :taz:  Just at that point he jumped up from the chair angrily and yelled "What the hell is so funny". :taz:

I thought he was going to take a swing at the barber, training-087  so I ran in front of him. Just as he cocked his arm to strike I stuck the magazine cover in front of his face. Instantly he fell to his knees and started to laugh hysterically. :rotflmao:

By now I know your all wondering what the heck was so funny about that magazine cover. Well I just couldn't believe the The General would pay someone to have his picture on the cover of an outdoors magazine.

Our Beloved General

« Last Edit: May 05/08/11, 11:22:54 AM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

So now I have to leave here to night to go to SD  
[/quote]

Well that just about sums it up folks. I would post the song "Man On The Run", but everyone can see that already. While your gone stop off at the Emerald City and see if you can get some courage from The Great Oz.
[/quote]

Well I back and it was a long trip got 15 min. of sleep the hole trip. got in at 2:30 am last night,

Now I see that you must be talking about The General and he had not posted to my side bet So he must have run a way,  :scratch: So I see DDS has decline (Thanks for the offer but I have to decline.)

So Now side bet is off,  :banghead: as I have bet him last year and will this year, now I will wash my hand of him and will remember him as the coward of the county.  :moon:

As to the rest of you
I will not run and hide  ;D like The General  :surrender:
I will not be the coward of the county.  ;D like The General  :surrender:
I will sign in tonight,  :Photography:

If you are the luck ones to be on my team You will have to step up and do your part for are team, or you will here about it And not do like DDS with no fish to  :help: this team out.  :cry:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
      :blablabla:-  My team will be there at the end.  It looks like we  are up to 13 teams so your chances at a top ten are pretty good.    ;D
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
      :blablabla:-  My team will be there at the end.  It looks like we  are up to 13 teams so your chances at a top ten are pretty good.    ;D

As I am on the top I had to go to SD to see my name at the top Photo one,

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
My time to bring the fish in this year for my team.

No school, and lots of time to fish!

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
On my way to Sturgis I see you DDS  ;D

« Last Edit: May 05/08/11, 05:11:55 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
My time to bring the fish in this year for my team.

No school, and lots of time to fish!

with no school and lot of time to  :drinking: Beer you may be to hag-over to fish,  :whistling:
 ::welcome:: to the smack down thread,

Offline muscleup71

• Outdoorsman
wanna Join of course.
But won't be back from Arizona Until June 1st.
Genesis 1:28

Offline muscleup71

• Outdoorsman
I live on Big green up in Chisago.
Built a bass habitat off the end of my dock.
Should be able to add a foot and a half in the bass area.
But the Walleye and pike??? Great area out in the middle but PPHHHBBBTTTTT!

Offline muscleup71

• Outdoorsman
I am trying to get back earlier?
I also hit pokegama a lot up in Pine City.

Offline muscleup71

• Outdoorsman
i am also allowed to fish Red Lake!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just trying to pad my Draft.

Offline muscleup71

• Outdoorsman

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
wanna Join of course.
But won't be back from Arizona Until June 1st.

So what is your point  You loss two week of fishing. 
I only got to fish two mo/ last year,
go ahead YOU CAN DO IT!!!  :scratch:

Do not be like The General with his excuse  :whistling:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Oh by the way, as I was on my trip I did see BB on my way to Custer,  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Am i at 10 yet?

You are in.   ::welcome::   Most of these guys will be trying to find their boat plug for the first two weeks so no worries
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota