Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487661 times)

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
No worries fellow challenge members.  SEALTeam6 has DDS and his posse of fishing bandits surrounded.  They were caught with their hands in Ken's live well (the only way for any one of them to actually post a fish).  We are just hoping they'll "make a move" so we have justification for taking them down.  We'll keep the rif raf out of Gumption County and send them to The Barbarian Euphoria.

« Last Edit: May 05/18/11, 09:39:15 AM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
 :reporter;

Since his incarceration in purgatory DDS the leader of the (I forgot their name team?) :scratch: has been found missing from his cell. He's tunneled out, but fortunately The Barbarians along with help of the Seals Team have a trap waiting for him. :popcorn:

You should have just stayed put little buddy. :banghead:  You only had three days left and your back out. :doah:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/18/11, 02:02:21 PM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
...Did I detected some whining about the hard working judges. I know in baseball that can get you thrown out of the game.

No whining about judges.  If I was a judge I would take bribes too!   :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     I see the Barbarians are tipping the the judges.  25.5 some stretched to 26  :scratch:.  That northern won't hold up but you guys should correct the judge and preserve your integrity.  Thats a full 1/2 inch error.    I max zoomed it.

No that was my error and trust me I had to send the judge three more photos on that pike  :moon:
But do not stress your Brain in your big head  DDS :scratch: We plan on upgrading it soon...  ;D

Now for your name So let me  :help: you pick it out  :scratch: as you say it will be (  in the MNO Hall of Fame at the end of this year so we want a good one.)  Under ( LOSER )  ;D

Did you send the pic with you standing  on it?  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
No worries fellow challenge members.  SEALTeam6 has DDS and his posse of fishing bandits surrounded.  They were caught with their hands in Ken's live well (the only way for any one of them to actually post a fish).  We are just hoping they'll "make a move" so we have justification for taking them down.  We'll keep the rif raf out of Gumption County and send them to The Barbarian Euphoria.

You guys need not worry.  We won't be using all our good moves right away.  We want to motivate you into trying to get into the top ten before you quit and start crying for mommy. :cry:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Well the Current First Place Challengers are still having a great time.. :whistling:  Unfortunately I have run out of our Future sponcers Beer so for Lunch I had to have the regular swill...
Yep still eating the fishguts on the side....and as Fishnutbob report says the walleyes are still biting on Leech. :whistling:  Sure beats working.. :scratch:

Offline Geodopolis

• Outdoorsman
My day on the water only went so-so yesterday.  caught a few walleye, biggest being 22" and unworthy of a photo.  Who woulda thought I could get windburn, sunburn, frostbite all in the same day? lol, my boat's still in the shop so I had to use my father in-laws (maximum suckage!), had to hard-wire the bilgepump to keep up with the leaks, and I found some of last years leeches stowed under the dash.  Oh well, bass season will be here soon enough.  Keep up the good work Corny and we'll spring our secret weapon (Pegg) when they least expect it. :whistling:
Shaddup and fish!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
My day on the water only went so-so yesterday.  caught a few walleye, biggest being 22" and unworthy of a photo.  Who woulda thought I could get windburn, sunburn, frostbite all in the same day? lol, my boat's still in the shop so I had to use my father in-laws (maximum suckage!), had to hard-wire the bilgepump to keep up with the leaks, and I found some of last years leeches stowed under the dash.  Oh well, bass season will be here soon enough.  Keep up the good work Corny and we'll spring our secret weapon (Pegg) when they least expect it. :whistling:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I see The Barbarians had a fishing get together today.  :king:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Geo,

No one here is afraid of your secret weapon.........we just hope you guys never use it.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     News just out.  Arnold has love children coming out left and right.  He is manning up and claiming responsibility for all of them except 3 of them.  Word on the street is that the family goat is lying just trying to extort cash.  He claims no responsibility for our own team barbarians.  Experts are asking for DNA.

Offline Borgie

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I Just purchased a new Gary Roach 6'6" ML 1 pc Walleye series rod from Cabela's. It seems that Lee failed to tell me that last Fall while storing all the rods in the garage ceiling rod holders mine fell and broke. That was the best rod I ever owned (Fenwick 6"6" ML 1 pc). :taz:

So the other day when we were in Cabela's he asked if I'd like a new rod and I said no that mine is just fine. Well, that's when he Gave me the bad news about my Fenwick. So this is my first post on the smack thread and I'm here to say look out Barbarians. Borgies Raiders is out for revenge and Lee better put me on a 30" walleye this year or else. He will be hearing about that broken rod for a long time to come.  training-087

Borgie :queen:
« Last Edit: May 05/19/11, 06:38:55 AM by Borgie »

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
     News just out.  Arnold has love children coming out left and right.  He is manning up and claiming responsibility for all of them except 3 of them.  Word on the street is that the family goat is lying just trying to extort cash.  He claims no responsibility for our own team barbarians.  Experts are asking for DNA.

Barbarians is spelled with a capital B

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I Just purchased a new Gary Roach 6'6" ML 1 pc Walleye series rod from Cabela's. It seems that Lee failed to tell me that last Fall while storing all the rods in the garage ceiling rod holders mine fell and broke. That was the best rod I ever owned (Fenwick 6"6" ML 1 pc). :taz:

So the other day when we were in Cabela's he asked if I'd like a new rod and I said no that mine is just fine. Well, that's when he Gave me the bad news about my Fenwick. So this is my first post on the smack thread and I'm here to say look out Barbarians. Borgies Raiders is out for revenge and Lee better put me on a 30" walleye this year or else. He will be hearing about that broken rod for a long time to come.  training-087

Borgie :queen:

Better her's than mine :whistling:

Many BWCA Reports

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Here are some pictures I took of my husband and boy's on Opener Weekend on Mille Lacs.
Good thing I remembered my camera to take pictures, but not my  :censored: SpinnerBait....
~gg

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
I don't know how that last one show up twice, but it will only let me post one picture at a time.
Here's another:

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
My boy's had a frickin' riot:

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Another:

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
....I'm going back up Memorial Weekend, bringing my Ammo (my boy's) with again, and even bringing out the my extra secret weapon -my daughter!! Oh by the way, can we party fish?? LMAO!!! But gosh, it sure was a fun Opener for them, it was too windy to go out on Mille Lacs for the first couple days and my husband wasn't with me either, it's a lot of work with just myself and 3 kids, so i just took all three of my kids to a creek close by our cabin and we slaughterd some real nice Crappies and a few big Sunnies to boot. Came home and my two little boy's took care of filleting (sp?) all the fish, and I fryed them up for them right away, and we had a great dinner.  And then we did the exact same thing the next day too!  It was awesome, we had a blast!! ~gg 

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Awesome! Them Grapplers are growing up. Where is the paddleboat?
« Last Edit: May 05/19/11, 08:02:50 PM by kenhuntin »
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline GirlGuide

• Master Outdoorsman
  • (aka ~gg)
Awesome! Them Grapplers are growing up. Where is the paddleboat?
Yes, my little wrestlers are getting big~too big, too fast!!
And as for my paddleboat/little lunker loader, she's doing just fabulous, I
will be taking her with me on a weeks vacation again this year over the 4th,
and I can't wait!!! Hope all is well with u and your family Ken!! ...and I'm truly
sorry that I'm going to have to kick your a*s in this contest! Great to hear from
you though, take care!! ~gg

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
GG It look like you had a good opener, Yes your kids are growing up fast from when you guys stop in the store,  :sorry: that you forgot your spinner  :whistling: But too bad for you and your teams that them fish will never  :help: you out in this Fishing Challenge  ;D

The Barbarians Will win this Fishing Challenge in the end. ;D
Well I back as I had good day on the water  ;D

So I got to the lake and the walleye was on 16" 17" then it happen bang it hit The fight on then the pole snap into two pice, As I get the fish to the top of the water with my now broken fishing pole It was the Eye I was look for,,,,  To Be continue  ;D

« Last Edit: May 05/21/11, 02:41:07 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
HD I see you posted a Bass But they are not open? Now Do they count If it not open?

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
HD I see you posted a Bass But they are not open? Now Do they count If it not open?

Just mess'in with your head....  ;D
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
But Bass season is open ! North and East of hgy 53 has been since opener...
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Bass season sure is open, fellow team member.  :happy1:
If these guys can't figure out the seasons, the contest should be a cake walk for SEALTeam 6!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
      Better have someone read the rules to you.   :whistling:   

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

Many BWCA Reports

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
      Better have someone read the rules to you.   :whistling:   
I assume this comment was meant for me! :scratch:
As Bobby Bass stated, Bass are legal to catch and keep in Northeastern Minnesota, beginning the opening day of fishing!! :whistling:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
GG It look like you had a good opener, Yes your kids are growing up fast from when you guys stop in the store,  :sorry: that you forgot your spinner  :whistling: But too bad for you and your teams that them fish will never  :help: you out in this Fishing Challenge  ;D

The Barbarians Will win this Fishing Challenge in the end. ;D
Well I back as I had good day on the water  ;D

So I got to the lake and the walleye was on 16" 17" then it happen bang it hit The fight on then the pole snap into two pice, As I get the fish to the top of the water with my now broken fishing pole It was the Eye I was look for,,,,  To Be continue  ;D

Says the guy who wouldn't buy cheap spinner baits from Wal-Mart.  Guess you must have purchased you cheap fishing poles from there.   :rotflmao: