Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2011 Fishing Challenge Smack Down  (Read 487692 times)

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
      Better have someone read the rules to you.   :whistling:   
I assume this comment was meant for me! :scratch:
As Bobby Bass stated, Bass are legal to catch and keep in Northeastern Minnesota, beginning the opening day of fishing!! :whistling:

You are good to go.  It's called a head start.  Don't waste it.    ;D
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2014, 2015, & 2016 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
Boat's going in the water today, and 33% of SEALTeam 6 will be on the prowl tomorrow to begin burying the rest of the Challenge participants. training-087 training-087 training-087
My biggest challenge will be trying to post a picture, with my computer illiteracy. :banghead:
However, I'm better with a computer than the Barbarian's are at fishing, and that ain't a compliment!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

E mail:  thegreatoutdoors@frontier.com

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

"The only Ely Bait Shop owned by a lifelong resident.

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Boat's going in the water today, and 33% of SEALTeam 6 will be on the prowl tomorrow to begin burying the rest of the Challenge participants. training-087 training-087 training-087
My biggest challenge will be trying to post a picture, with my computer illiteracy. :banghead:
However, I'm better with a computer than the Barbarian's are at fishing, and that ain't a compliment!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Don't forget to put the drain plug in this year. Forgetting 4 yrs. in a row would be a new Ely record. That's taking under consideration that you are the current record holder at 3 years in a row. Are they going to have that column in the Ely Echo again this year. "Mishaps and mannerisms of the greatoutdoors."

Don't you think your taking that team pride thing a bit to far? After all I don't see any of your teammates painting a picture of a seal on the side of their boats.  :rotflmao:

Good luck my friend!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Team Make a Move is preparing to do a little seal clubbing this weekend.   Pics are too graphic to share.  We were going to leave it to the Barbarians but they just can't seem to mount any kind of an offense.   We were waiting to hear the end of Wildlifes broken rod story.  I heard his wife has been complaining about that for a couple of years.   ;)
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Bass season sure is open, fellow team member.  :happy1:
If these guys can't figure out the seasons, the contest should be a cake walk for SEALTeam 6!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Hold on there guythatthinkheknowitall!! I do know that Bass is not open here and it will not opening in tell 5-28 With that said I do know it open north and east of u.s. hey 53 from Duluth to international fall that is open 5-14  All I was asking If HD that caught it in that area that was open, If so yes it would count for his team But if it was not then no is should not count, Because in the rule you have to follow the DNR laws Now I think I can speak for a lot of us here that HD would not lie about it!!  :happy1:

Now I have caught two nice Bass Last week but did not take the time two photo them on the board because they are not open  ;D  And for that will not count for the Barbarians  ;D as there a bigger one for us  ;D

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
I don't want anyone messing with our boy Wildlifeminnesota. He's our bread & butter man right now and we don't want him getting upset.  training-087

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
GG It look like you had a good opener, Yes your kids are growing up fast from when you guys stop in the store,  :sorry: that you forgot your spinner  :whistling: But too bad for you and your teams that them fish will never  :help: you out in this Fishing Challenge  ;D

The Barbarians Will win this Fishing Challenge in the end. ;D
Well I back as I had good day on the water  ;D

So I got to the lake and the walleye was on 16" 17" then it happen bang it hit The fight on then the pole snap into two pice, As I get the fish to the top of the water with my now broken fishing pole It was the Eye I was look for,,,,  To Be continue  ;D

Says the guy who wouldn't buy cheap spinner baits from Wal-Mart.  Guess you must have purchased you cheap fishing poles from there.   :rotflmao:

Well General It seem you like to as soon and you know what that means you make a a** out of you.

No I do not buy cheap spinner baits from Wall Mart and no the pole was not got a Wall Mart. It was a very old pole that my Dad had and I like that pole,  ;D But as old thing that are close to you can be harder to loos and sum-time they can bring you bigger and better thing as I will let you  :scratch: on this  :whistling:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    Team Make a Move is preparing to do a little seal clubbing this weekend.   Pics are too graphic to share.  We were going to leave it to the Barbarians but they just can't seem to mount any kind of an offense.   We were waiting to hear the end of Wildlifes broken rod story.  I heard his wife has been complaining about that for a couple of years.   ;)

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: DDs you sure are  :rotflmao:
Well Back to the fight broken rod in hand walleye putting up a fight as my buddy get the net, As I look up to see now two boat move in to see what I had on the line. I see the DNR on two of the guys in one of the boat. The other boat was two fisher men and just wanted to get a look, My buddy net the eye then the DNR come a board on to my boat and there eye had the shock look To them, As now this will be The Barbarian's Ace in the hole  ;D So you at the top of the list you will fall  ;DTo Be continue

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman

Don't forget to put the drain plug in this year. Forgetting 4 yrs. in a row would be a new Ely record. That's taking under consideration that you are the current record holder at 3 years in a row. Are they going to have that column in the Ely Echo again this year. "Mishaps and mannerisms of the greatoutdoors."

Don't you think your taking that team pride thing a bit to far? After all I don't see any of your teammates painting a picture of a seal on the side of their boats.  :rotflmao:

Good luck my friend!

Hey, hey, Lee,
I did have a picture of a big seal on my boat, and sent a copy to Bobby Bass and the General.
They made me take it off, said it looked too much like Lee Borgersen, and the last time they saw anything that ugly was those carvings on the front of a Viking ship that were used to ward off evil spirits! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book
https://www.facebook.com/jim.maki.14?ref=tn_tnmn#!/pages/Great-Outdoors-Bait-Tackle/1606420532911075

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
   Team Make a Move is preparing to do a little seal clubbing this weekend.   Pics are too graphic to share.  We were going to leave it to the Barbarians but they just can't seem to mount any kind of an offense.   We were waiting to hear the end of Wildlifes broken rod story.  I heard his wife has been complaining about that for a couple of years.   ;)

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: DDs you sure are  :rotflmao:
Well Back to the fight broken rod in hand walleye putting up a fight as my buddy get the net, As I look up to see now two boat move in to see what I had on the line. I see the DNR on two of the guys in one of the boat. The other boat was two fisher men and just wanted to get a look, My buddy net the eye then the DNR come a board on to my boat and there eye had the shock look To them, As now this will be The Barbarian's Ace in the hole  ;D So you at the top of the list you will fall  ;DTo Be continue

SO you caught this "Monster" on the Willy World (The bargain cave of Wal-Mart) pole and it snapped in half.  The fish was probably a 2 pound Carp.  I just have to know though.........did you have the lucky brown wife beater on or did you switch to white?
« Last Edit: May 05/23/11, 12:15:25 PM by The General »
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

You should worry about actually catching and posting a fish.  Not some dream you had last night.  I heard you got your  :moon: kicked by a molar the other day.......how in God's green earth do you think you could take a piece of of SEALTeam6 :scratch:.     

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I don't want anyone messing with our boy Wildlifeminnesota. He's our bread & butter man right now and we don't want him getting upset.  training-087

General You should take Lee atavist before you get crush!!! ;D 

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   I would post that fish.  If someone comes along and ties yours and posts it first they get top spot.  If it's not 30 inches or better it won't be enough.
« Last Edit: May 05/23/11, 12:54:57 PM by DDSBYDAY »

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
  I would post that fish.  If someone comes along and ties yours and posts it first they get top spot.  If it's not 30 inches or better it won't be enough.

Yes I do know this!!  ;D But as I look back to all the Eyes that have been posted and State record fish is Walleye    17-8    35.8 / 21.3    Seagull River    Cook    05/13/1979 so I am not scared. but I will tell you this The DNR will be getting back to me as this eye will be on my wall some day soon with the fishing pole that it was taken down by.  ;D  And no I am not said it a State record But it is a record for that lake  ;D

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Can't wait to see it along with that spinnerbait.  I doubt you forgot it since it was screwed to your board.    :Clap:  :Clap:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Accually Wildlife, I caught it in Wisconsin off of a dock. Yes it is a legal fish, but I just posted it to mess with your head. I saw that you were online posting your fairy tail...and wanted you to get flustered. (of which I did  :rotflmao: )

But, no, it could not be posted by the challenge rules. That's why it was removed.
(after you saw it)  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     We could just pick on wildlife so he quits before he posts his fish.   :cry:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
    Can't wait to see it along with that spinnerbait.  I doubt you forgot it since it was screwed to your board.    :Clap:  :Clap:

No I am not like GG that forget a spinner-bait With MNO on it.  ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
     We could just pick on wildlife so he quits before he posts his fish.   :cry:

You can wish But It will not happen!!!  ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Accually Wildlife, I caught it in Wisconsin off of a dock. Yes it is a legal fish, but I just posted it to mess with your head. I saw that you were online posting your fairy tail...and wanted you to get flustered. (of which I did  :rotflmao: )

But, no, it could not be posted by the challenge rules. That's why it was removed.

I think You was waiting to see if someone like me was going to notes. But keep this in mine Nothing get by me!!!  ;D

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Just when to the sport shop next door and got me a new fishing pole,  ;D

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
If these guys can't figure out the seasons, the contest should be a cake walk for SEALTeam 6!!  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Hold on there guythatthinkheknowitall!! I do know that Bass is not open here and it will not opening in tell 5-28 With that said I do know it open north and east of u.s. hey 53 from Duluth to international fall that is open 5-14  All I was asking If HD that caught it in that area that was open, If so yes it would count for his team But if it was not then no is should not count, Because in the rule you have to follow the DNR laws Now I think I can speak for a lot of us here that HD would not lie about it!!  :happy1:

Now I have caught two nice Bass Last week but did not take the time two photo them on the board because they are not open  ;D  And for that will not count for the Barbarians  ;D as there a bigger one for us  ;D
Guythatthinkheknowitall????  Now listen here, WildEyeFeminist, or whatever you call yourself, don't be trying to rain on the victory parade of SEALTeam 6. training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
When we land a big bass well before you guys in the south's season opens, don't be crying about it! :cry: :cry: :cry:
We're launching the assault tomorrow.  Yeeeeeaaaah!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Guythatthinkheknowitall????  Now listen here, WildEyeFeminist, or whatever you call yourself, don't be trying to rain on the victory parade of SEALTeam 6. training-087 training-087 training-087 training-087
When we land a big bass well before you guys in the south's season opens, don't be crying about it! :cry: :cry: :cry:
We're launching the assault tomorrow.  Yeeeeeaaaah!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

That Wildlife Minnesota to you!! Do not forget it!!!  training-087 training-087 I will be the one to crush you!!  training-087 training-087 Down to size!!  training-087 training-087 and That big one you think you will land Is that dead carp you pick up off the shore!!! I have my own bass spot that I know there are some big one in there, So hole on to your pants oh I forgot that hard for you to do as Lee has point this out.  ;D

Offline greatoutdoors

• Master Outdoorsman
WildFeminist and Lee,
The Ely branch of SEALTeam 6 has his boat in the water, ready to go! :happy1:
I have a bait run tomorrow morning, which will let you both relax for a bit, but starting Wednesday-Look Out! :taz: :taz: :taz: :taz:
I probably shouldn't have put this on the forum, since neither of you will be able to sleep well, knowing that the thumping will soon begin! :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce: :happybounce:
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha!!!!! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:
The Great Outdoors
419 East Sheridan Street
Ely, MN 55731 USA
218-365-4744

Like Us on Face Book

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Real good Jim. Yeah those red dancing M&M's are really alarming.

Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
Real good Jim. Yeah those red dancing M&M's are really alarming.

The Barbarians don't like those red M&M's. We like the yellow ones the best because no one else likes them.
"So how do you like us now!"

click on photo for action shot

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 05/23/11, 08:48:12 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Oh good grief - it's a big yellow one making fist. I'll alert my team to beware.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Oh good grief - it's a big yellow one making fist. I'll alert my team to beware.

I felt the same way. 

P.S. Don't you have a lake to jump in, because we know you aren't catching anything

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Willy was getting riled up over that?  I wonder how riled up he got when his snoopy pole broke?  Sounds like he's scared to me. 

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I didn't know we were in the presence of musicians here at MNO.  I love the title of your album.  I couldn't tell by the picture which you all were.  Could you please inform us all?