Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: John Wayne VS Clint Eastwood  (Read 6978 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
As per the request of Mr. Bass...This poll is to find out which of these two, was the better cowboy.

Geeze.....you folks must have cabin fever........
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone want to guess who I voted  for  :rotflmao:
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gee, I wonder. :rotflmao: IMO John Wayne was prolly a better overall cowboy but Clint Eastwood was a better bad@ss. In their day, hard to get much better than Clint and Lee Van Cleef in that dept.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
The poll question is worded in the Dukes favor. You must have lived in Afghanistan your entire life not answer John Wayne. Perhaps another poll should ask Who owned the nicest Gran Torino.
 I am inferring the reason for the poll as to put the kabosh on the greatest movie thread. We all kinda like long lasting threads do we not Bobby?
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
The poll question is worded in the Dukes favor. You must have lived in Afghanistan your entire life not answer John Wayne. Perhaps another poll should ask Who owned the nicest Gran Torino.
 I am inferring the reason for the poll as to put the kabosh on the greatest movie thread. We all kinda like long lasting threads do we not Bobby?
:rotflmao: O yes  :happy1: up on long threads. No intent to end a thread just want to point out to everyone East of Afghanistian who the best cowboy was or still is. O and my uncle Sal had the nicest Gran Torino, Candy Apple Green, dual exhaust. Would sound like a big kitty purring away, The ladies would beg to sit on the front seat and have Sal rev her up, It was several years later when I found out why  :whistling:
Bobby Bass

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
There was just something about Clint biting a bit of chew off his plug and then spitting on a dog or a dead bad guys head that made him one bad a$$ cowboy!
« Last Edit: February 02/03/11, 09:09:05 PM by Outdoors Junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Wouldn't be such a bad poll if someone was even paying attention to the debate.  Heck Roy Rodgers was probably a better all around cowboy.  Dotch said it right.  The debate is who is the bigger bad  :moon:.  Which is no question Clint.  
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
There was just something about Clint biting a bit of chew off his plug and then spitting on a dog or a dead bad guys head that made him one bad a$$ cowboy!

Tuff you want tuff :doah:

You think Clint was tuff because chewed off a plug of backy and had to spit it out because it upset his tummy? Look at John Wayne. He could eat a whole bag of Chung Lee's corn dodgers and never had to spit um up. Clint would a had diarrhea for a week if-in he even et one of um. :puke:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Im a young buck but still love western movies... John Wayne seems to be the best classic Cowboy, Roy Rogers was a rhinestone singing cowboy along with Gene Autry, and Clint was the typical (washed up) BadA$$. They all hold there own place as legends. :happy1: Im still gonna say John Wayne kicked the most ass because in many of his movies he was part of the cavalry. Cavalrymen take pride in seeing that as I am one.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Roy Rogers was a wuss!

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Roy Rogers was a wuss!

randy

I agree, but the topic was changed to "best cowboy".  I'd have to say I never saw Clint do much roping, trimming hooves, etc..........unless it was to drag someone behind a horse.  Clint could shoot the Duke's eye patch, make it do 720 around his head, and not even leave a scratch.  Well he might have a little rug burn.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman

This thread has turned into an epic yarn!
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
The Shootest was John Waynes last movie, about the last great gunfighter who was dying from cancer, the thing is John Wayne was also dying of cancer as he filmed the movie. Ya still want to talk about how tuff Clint is?
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Lots of people do tremendous and tough things while dying from cancer.  Making a movie wouldn't be one of them in my book.  Maybe if he filmed himself climbing Mt. Everest that might be a different story. 

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of people do tremendous and tough things while dying from cancer.  Making a movie wouldn't be one of them in my book.  Maybe if he filmed himself climbing Mt. Everest that might be a different story. 
Serious,  :scratch: I am at a loss for words, well words that can be read by others.
Bobby Bass

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I guess I'm not sure how you call it tough.  Just dealing with cancer is tough and the things his family had to endure were tough.  But making a movie is tough.........not sure in the logic.  :scratch: I think he deserves a big thanks from his fans to bless us with one last movie, because he should or could have been spending his last days with his family.  At least that is what I would do.  I guess we have two different definitions of tough.  The one I'm talking about is whooping another man's  :moon:.  Not "tough" as in issues life throws at each and every one of us.  I'm sorry if I offended you BB, but I thought the definition of "tough" we have been talking about here for the past however long has been pretty clear.  Heck I ran over my daughters (she's 4) cat in the garage with the truck last summer and had to kill it.  Telling her and seeing the look on her face was pretty "tough" especially when she started to cry.  But I don't think I'm "tough" enough to whoop up Eastwood in his prime.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
"  But I don't think I'm "tough" enough to whoop up Eastwood in his prime."

You aren't  ;D.   I didn't think my little sister was either until she mopped up the music class lunch room with him.  Clint's a lot tougher when someone does the  :moon: kickin for him.  He likes to run around and spit on guys when they are out.  :rotflmao:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

You aren't  ;D.   I didn't think my little sister was either until she mopped up the music class lunch room with him.  Clint's a lot tougher when someone does the  :moon: kickin for him.  He likes to run around and spit on guys when they are out.  :rotflmao:

Serious,   :scratch: I am at a loss for words, well words that can be read by others.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Clint must have taken a bite of her cupcake.  Lord only knows what could happen to anyone who gets between her and a buffet table.   :rotflmao:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Public Service Announcement----  This thread is about 2 character actors.  You can rest assured that there will be no discussion of serious illnesses, grieving families, crying babies or  cats  killed in the making of this thread.    :oops1:     (Darn.  I didn't get this up quick enough.) ;D

FROM NOW ON!     :toast:

Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
   Public Service Announcement----  This thread is about 2 character actors.  You can rest assured that there will be no discussion of serious illnesses, grieving families, crying babies or  cats  killed in the making of this thread.    :oops1:     (Darn.  I didn't get this up quick enough.) ;D

FROM NOW ON!     :toast:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  Public Service Announcement----  This thread is about 2 character actors.  You can rest assured that there will be no discussion of serious illnesses, grieving families, crying babies or  cats  killed in the making of this thread.    :oops1:     (Darn.  I didn't get this up quick enough.) ;D

FROM NOW ON!     :toast:

:reporter;

I recommend that anyone caught violating this policy be placed in a small closet and be forced to watch an all day Clint Eastwood movie Marathon.  :police:

:puke: :puke: :puke:

« Last Edit: February 02/04/11, 08:22:42 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
     I got a personal email from Clint himself.  He wanted to vote for the Duke but he couldn't because he is not a registered member.   He asked me if I could remove the poll and call it a draw.  All I could say is the poll is on and we will call it a landslide. :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
     I got a personal email from Clint himself.  He wanted to vote for the Duke but he couldn't because he is not a registered member.   He asked me if I could remove the poll and call it a draw.  All I could say is the poll is on and we will call it a landslide. :rotflmao:

Hard to believe that Clint takes you down at the first fishing GTG, then sees you and your horse stuck in a snow bank, lassos you both up and pulls you out, and you still think your the top.  What more does Clint have to do?  I think Clint will head over to John Wayne's shoe shine and get the manure washed of my boots after walking all over John Wayne. 

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman

I'll have to agree. It looks kinda like this landslide

[attachment deleted by admin]

Many BWCA Reports

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
People like this are the same ones voting for John Wayne and probably voted for Obama.  Are you one of these?  I mean the facts are the facts and still those stubborn people still have thier blinders on.  :scratch:

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Did you know John Wayne was from Winterset, Iowa and his real name is Marion Morrison?

Link to the story:

http://www.examiner.com/travel-in-sioux-falls/john-wayne-birthplace
« Last Edit: February 02/07/11, 06:10:30 PM by Outdoors Junkie »
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
:reporter; Fox News Alert............Breaking news.......this just in......  :reporter; Fox News Alert............Breaking news.......this just in......

Clint Eastwood has shaved his head and threatened to commit suicide unless the poll is removed from MNO immediately!

:sorry: Clint just go for it! :popcorn:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 02/07/11, 06:23:01 PM by Lee Borgersen »

Many BWCA Reports