Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: willmar area ?  (Read 4232 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
would this be where we'd talk about willmar/new london area fishin?  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Either this one or the St. Cloud area.... Willmar is kind in between Alex and St.Cloud?  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Willmar/Spicer would be my area but no one ever wanted to create this topic.........plus I wouldn't want anyone to know all of my hotspots. :happy1:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
i would say this area or st.cloud i guess. i fish out that way a bit. fishing has been down from what ive been told. i havent been out there sense the 1st weekend in feb

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
i would say this area or st.cloud i guess. i fish out that way a bit. fishing has been down from what ive been told. i havent been out there sense the 1st weekend in feb

Yep listen to Cody........everyone stay away. ;)

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
sorry guys............i know the area also!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker; :rocker; :toast: where you guys at? i live in cold spring but have a seasonal lot at old wagon campground on long lake between new london and hawick.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I live about 6-7 miles east of Green Lake.  My father in-law has a seasonal at Hideaway.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
no kiddin, you go visit much. thats on the west end of the lake and i fish out in front of there now and then during the summer.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
The wife spends more time out there then I do, but we usually make it out there quite a bit. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
should meet up some day. do you get out on the lake fishing at all?? its a good panfish lake.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I do get out there in the spring for some panfish.  We sure could meet up.  I prefer to fish walleye and don't usually fish that lake for them however I have caught a few out there before. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so my guess is you head to the shallow bay south of old wagon where everyone else goes. yea i,ve caught a few eyes out there, mainly when fishin for sunfish. seen some dandies on my camera. there just really tough to target an catch.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Most of my walleye fishing is done at night on other lakes in 10 ft or less.  I fish for crappies usually in the bays.  I have also had some luck ice fishing out there in the past. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so, you hit koronis at nite!!!!!!!! :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: yea there doing ok out there at times with sunfish and crappies. kinda hit and miss. i know the owners well so i find out what i need to know. thinkin of going out sat.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
One would think Koronis would be the spot.  When I've gone out there I have done ok.  But Green is closer.  Good luck fishing this weekend.  When I'm ice fishing crappies out on Long it's usually in the deep hole off the point.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yep, pretty sure i know the spot. kinda in the channel that goes into the shallow bay on the south side. we did well there last fall in 17ft for nice sunfish. off the east side of the deep water.

Offline huntr42

• Outdoorsman
I thought the general only fishe the lil bay on nest lake by the motel :rotflmao:

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion
hey thats a good area for northerns! ive caught quiet a few really nice ones in that bay!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
where on nest!!!!!!!11 :whistling: :whistling: :scratch: