Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: A Rough Night  (Read 5725 times)

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Friends, I've been up all night. My daughter OD'd on some pills and had a Tylenol level of 200 in her. This is a lot and could cause severe damage to her liver. I'm going to be with her through all of this and will be her on the forums to help get me through the days. We won't know until late tomorrow night, if even then, if this is going to be sever or not. All tests look good for now but I'm told that can change over the first 24 hours.

The crap thing about it is I had some Oxycodone in the medicine cabinet from when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I never keep that stuff where it's open for her to get to but since she was in a home I had it there for convenience. I'm wrecking myself over why I didn't put it away this weekend when I knew she was coming. I hadn't used it since December and just never thought about it. It's really tough to watch her lay there with everything hooked up to her. The docs say the ten or so pills she could have got from there probably weren't enough to do this on their own and we aren't sure what else she took. But thinking something I had could have played a part in this is killing me.

Sorry even post this folks, but it helps to get my thoughts out there. I consider you all friends and it eases me to confide in you all somehow. It's crazy, I know. I'm just sitting in this damn room with thoughts swirling and had to get it out somehow. Thanks for reading, I'll post how it all goes.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Yes keep us posted.
Prayers out to her and the family.

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Man....that really sucks Shane!

I'll keep you folks in my prayers!

Geeze....I hope she is OK.....I really feel bad for you guy's......
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
We are all hoping for the best! 

I hope she is ok - keep us posted! 
« Last Edit: March 03/08/11, 02:22:15 PM by MTCOMMER »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Yeah Shane sorry to hear.  I hope everything goes well for you and your family. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Shane,

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.  Don't beat yourself up over this.  Be glad you were able to uncover that she took these pills and got her to the doctor for help. 

Stay strong!

Thank you for sharing this with us.  I will be sending prayers!

God Bless!

Dennis
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
You and your family are in my prayers, stay strong. 
keep us posted.

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear that.  Keep your head up.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Misky

• Outdoorsman
Thoughts and Prayers!

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
OMG!  Borgie and I both got glassy eyes after reading this. Everyone is saying a prayer for you guys. Stay strong.
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sandman,
That's a tough one for sure.  We're all pulling for her and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Tyler

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Thoughts and Prayers, We are all here for you,,

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Thanks guys. So far so good, doesn't look like much damage to the liver. Time will tell. She's not out of the woods until tomorrow sometime.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
hope the tests all come back with good news. don't be too hard on yourself, I know as fathers we tend to hind site everything and do the coulda shoulda's.. can't go backwards only forward.. we're fortunate that minnesota has some of the best hospitals in the states.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
    Good luck to you and your family.   Prayers do work and a bunch of them  are coming your way.  :happy1:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Kids are a lot tougher than we give them credit for.  Hopefully she gets better fast.  Our prayers are with you and your family.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
So sorry to hear of your daughter's - and your family's nightmare. Hoping she comes out OK and finds her way to a better place.
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
They did a blood test last night and the Tylenol level was down to 2.8. This is about the same amount you get if you take it for a headache. They took blood a little while a go to see how the liver is. It has been fine so far so we'll see if that holds. If all is good she will be released today and go back to the Home For Girls she's been at for a while now.

Offline Mayfly

• Master Outdoorsman
    • MNO
They did a blood test last night and the Tylenol level was down to 2.8. This is about the same amount you get if you take it for a headache. They took blood a little while a go to see how the liver is. It has been fine so far so we'll see if that holds. If all is good she will be released today and go back to the Home For Girls she's been at for a while now.

Thats great to hear, been praying for her!

Offline FireRanger

• Master Outdoorsman
Thoughts and prayers your way sandmannd.....good to hear the good news.
Going South......in a manner of speaking!

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Thats great to hear the good news sandmannd  :happy1:

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
More thou coming that way,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
So yesterday she was medically cleared to leave the hospital. No damage at all to her liver, this is very good and surprising with the amount she took. We did a lot of talking with social workers and the home she has been in for nine months and decided it was best to go back there. You really don't want to turn her world too upside down or it will get worse. We have learned this from experience.

So we took her back up there. Once there we met with a couple of the workers and she was told to explain what happened. In her world, she had already done so since she talked to a social worker at the hospital along with a few nurses. It was explained that she has to explain it to her parents as well as her care givers. She told us that another girl there had told her to get some pills for her. It didn't matter what kind but to get them for her the next time home. So when she was home for the weekend she decided to act on this. She got into a few different bottles of pills (most had even been hidden). Monday, she gave this girl some. Once this was found out the police were called and the other girl taken to the hospital. They began searching rooms to find these pills. She, in a panic, knew she couldn't take them to the bathroom to dump them so figured she would take them all. The phone call we got about her leaving was supposedly her trying to run as a last ditch effort before taking the pills.

Now, this child has been diagnosed with Reactive Attachment Disorder so her reality is not that of our reality. I don't know that I believe she took them to hid them rather than taking them to die. So she was pissed at us for the confrontation. She is placed on suicide watch and will be sleeping in the hallway up there rather than in her room. She no longer gets to go to school and will be schooled there. She had to sign a new form because she put another girls life in danger. She doesn't get how bad this could have been had something happened to the other child.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Well, things have calmed down folks. She's back at the home for girls and is on suicide watch there. Going to school is off the table for her and will be getting her schooling at the home for now. She called last night and talked to my wife. She had a very rough day. Yesterday was the anniversary of her Mother's death. My wife went up there now to spend some time with her and let her talk. She does this better with my wife alone than if I'm along.

This time of year is very rough for this little girl. It's the anniversary of her Mother's death, then her Mother's birthday comes up next and then it's my daughters birthday all within about six weeks. I couldn't imagine going through what this child has gone through at such an early age. I've told her many times that we understand how hard it is, we will be shoulders to cry on but it's not a free pass to reek havoc. We do sympathize and I get how hard this is for her to a point as I've never gone through it myself. All we can do is be there for her.

I've calmed down more myself as the week has gone on. It's pretty tough to see your child in that setting. I want to thank you, as my online friends and family, for all the well wishes. Believe it or not, they do help me pull through at times like that. I also want to thank Children's Hospitals. I worked there for ten years and always had a sense of pride knowing that they do a great job of treating children. Well I had the opportunity experience it. I wouldn't wish anyone to see their child in a hospital, but if you have a choice of where they go, go to Children's. They specialize in kids and do everything they can to make them comfortable and cater to the family as well as the child.

Again, thanks to everyone. 

Offline BiggA

• Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear things are better. May God bless you and your family and carry you through all these trying times.

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear things are getting better!!!   :happy1:
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Thank you all for the well wishes. It really helps.

Offline UplandObsession

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Great to hear things are getting better sandmannd.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Well she's back to normal for her. Health wise, she is good. Mentally we have a ways to go.

She was home again this weekend (first time since this last incident) and we had put all meds in our room. Our room has an outside doorknob on it with a keyed lock. Everything is locked in our room. For some reason we lapsed and didn't lock the door the whole day yesterday. Today we got a call from the facility asking if she had a purple cell phone. We said yes and when my wife got home she looked to see if it was still in our room. It was not. We have family locator on our phones and dialed that up while I was in class. The phone was located in Blaine, where she's at.

She called my wife and said she was sick of being accused of taking things. My wife told her the phone isn't here like it was on Saturday and that it shows it's in Blaine where she is. Our daughter said it would be stupid for her to take her own phone and denies it. She then hung up on my wife. She called again when I was home and was told we traced it four times and it shows it's sitting within 100 yards of her building (About as accurate as it gets). She got mad at us and hung up again.

It's a struggle for sure. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers from everyone. They help a lot. Thank you all.