Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: MNO 2011 Ice fishing challenge Smackdown Thread.  (Read 114513 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hot diggidy dog!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: thanks you sir!!!!  :woot: :woot: bet wild is shaken in his boots. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :snow5: now gotta get that huge eye up on the LOTW'S OR  huge panfish. may need the panfish stretcher!!! :drinking: :drinking:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
glenn57  I am not shaken in my boots for some one that in 6 place that way down there!!  :moon:

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
   Boy, Mother Nature is throwing a ice eating warm front mixed with rain at the Ice Toad Pluckers.  It will be a race to get to the monster pike before the ice on LOW is gone.    :popcorn:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn57  I am not shaken in my boots for some one that in 6 place that way down there!!  :moon:
yea but i made ya look!!! :whistling: :whistling: :moon: :rotflmao:  and where still not done!!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   It looks like the ice will be just about done thoughout the state of Minnesota this weekend.  The Ice Toad Pluckers still have a slight chance to pull this challenge off.  Good luck to the rest off you still fishing.  Be safe.
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    First time I ever remember cussing the weather for being too nice.  :banghead:  I had to pull the plug on the LOW trip at the last minute due to no trucks safe on the ice.  The only way I could make it work was to be  able to drive out.  Sorry to the rest of my team.  We just ran out of ice.  I think we had a respectable score and it looked like bones northern could have gotten us close to 80 if he had the lid.  Post up your pics guys so we can get them scored and move on to the open water.  The crappie bite will be starting up pretty soon. :happy1:  It's been fun and I hate to see it end.  Congrats to whomever becomes the first MNO Ice Fishing Challenge Winners!!~! :toast:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so what are you saying????????? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: your pullin teeth cause ya cant go fishin!!!! :doah: :bonk: :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Back on line,  Long story, my 10+ year Computer you know  the one with the big ass monitor  crash  :banghead: :banghead:  Just got a new one this week, When to this site and forgot my password as I see I was a guess I thou I would read up a bit  Talk about smacking some one that is not on line  :moon: You know who you are!!!  :whistling: but I see I have not miss much!! As most of you are now on to the open water challenge Do to no ice!!

But I see you all  :scratch: this is over!!!
   Then you do not know me to well We all know this is not over in tell midnight Mach 31 with or with out Ice, That just mean you will time to kill as no Ice no new  :Photography: But that dose not mean some still mite have  :Photography: to post,  :coffee: then some know what happen to  :Photography: when computer crash  :banghead: :banghead: But then some have a external hard drives, Like me  :rotflmao:

:coffee: But then you have to have your  :Photography: on them  :banghead: or on a SD card, Speaking of SD card I did fine my SD card but it was no  :Photography: of a 28" walleye,  :banghead: :banghead:

You see I put a drop folder on my computer, I take  :Photography: out of the camera and put in this file then when I get time I put them in to folder in the external hard drives, But I can not get that file back  :banghead: :banghead: which would have put ICE WALKER in first place, But then who know what I do have and time will tell!! you know I was looking to break 80 and a 28" walleye would have not got us there!! 
                                              ICE WALKER  :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: 

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
   Bummer about the pic.  Glad you are up and running again.  One of my partners had a big pike without a lid.  I think it would have got us close if not to 80.  Corny's team just may have had an angel on their shoulder this winter.  I guess we will have to wait and see.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
I think we all would have hit 80+ if this winter was not so nice, It;s would have been close and It will be close that all I am willing to say at this point!!

I did see your team matte forgot the staple idem!!!  :banghead:
We are now down to 9 days   ;D

Now one more thing to think of you pull the name out with Corny 13 Wildlife Minnesota then DDS we site on teams the same 1 st Corny' 2place wildlife Minnesota then 3 place DDS  :scratch:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
One more note!!! my son that work on computer is now trying to get that file, but then we the ICE WALKER mite not need it!!!  ;D He as less then 9 days!!!

:dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

I will say going from XP to windows 7  wow and the flat screen give me a lot of room and is very light  :happy1: I got a ACER and I had a dell,

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Hey if anyone ever needs an excuse to get out of anything just call Willy.  I have never read more dang excuses in my life.  You are truly the king of excuses.

Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Hey if anyone ever needs an excuse to get out of anything just call Willy.  I have never read more dang excuses in my life.  You are truly the king of excuses.

excuse There no excuse  on my part, You wait and see!!!  ;D

What place are you in General ? I would have to look down the list  Because I know only one team I have to look up to for now!!! And you are not on it!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
No excuses on your part??????? :scratch:

Do you read what you write?  My computer this, my sd card that, my blah, blah, blah.  You have more excuses then a Politician. 

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Do you read what you write?  My computer this, my sd card that, my blah, blah, blah.  You have more excuses then a Politician.  

I see General  You just do not get it, Let see if I can put this in a way that Seal poo can under stand!!  :doah:

The only time you need a excuses is when you are losing and ICE WALKER  is not going to loss!!!  :dancinred:   :whistling:
« Last Edit: March 03/25/12, 10:01:32 PM by wildlifeminnesota »

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

Do you read what you write?  My computer this, my sd card that, my blah, blah, blah.  You have more excuses then a Politician.  

I see General  You just do not get it, Let see if I can put this in a way that Seal poo can under stand!!  :doah:

The only time you need a excuses is when you are losing and ICE WALKER  is not going to loss!!!  :dancinred:   :whistling:

Even if you were winning it would be some excuse why you only had 81 inches and not 85 inches.  King of excuses = Willy.  Just blame it on Bobby. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
corny13 You are be quit in here, It seem It down to walleye master and ICE WALKER all the other team are done!!!  :whistling:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Hey Wild there is not a lake with ice on it in ND that I know of....did go up to Winnipeg again 10 days ago great fishing as always buddy caught a BIG Pike I didnt.  But yesterday when shore fishing on Oahe where I was icefishing 2 weeks ago....maybe DDSBYDAY will let me enter this one...it was caught in March,2012! :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred:

Friend's 44" Pike 

My Pike from Sunday

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
Wow Nice fish,  :happy1: I do not think DDS will pass that one No Ice,

I think that  Ice Walker have  an angel on their shoulder this winter. becuse all your Ice when by by  :dancinred:

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
dan...... dan.......dandy fish :woot: I'm jealous :bow: You are my hero of the month Corn!
« Last Edit: March 03/26/12, 09:06:50 AM by Lee Borgersen »
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Nice fish Corny.  Too bad about the lack of ice.  That does show the quality of fishing available in March though.  Any other year we would still be going.  Please chime in when we start the disscussion about the length of next years ice challenge.  I think I am in a minority that likes the April 1st deadling.  Everyones input would be appreciated.  Thanks guys.  If you have any ice fish still to post get them in.  There is no fishable ice anywhere in Minnesota that I am aware of.   :cold:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
There my upgrade!!! In less my son can get my file back off my old computer which is looking not so good!!

ICE WALKER  :dancinred: :dancinred:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
Shhh It got quit in here!!   :whistling:

:oops1:
Shhh guys.  Keep it down about that fantastic perch Willy caught. We don't want him to know how good he really is. It might go to his head and you know how that goes. :doah:
Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
    Wildlife throws up another bomb.  Very nice perch.  It looks as if we will have two members returning to the MNO Hall of Fame.  Congratulations team "Ice Walkers".  Those were all quality fish and concidering there is no ice left I think you are going to be the winners.   Corny13 and the rest of the Walleye Masters  came up with a great bunch of fish too.  I think the fat ladies song is about over so for the Ice Toad Pluckers we will have to  :surrender:

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
You know weeks ago. after the closing of Minnesota Walleyes & Pike I thou walleye Master would hold the lead all the way to the end I new what I had was not going to cut the 80 mark, But with the weather taking the Ice out fast. It work for us, With all true respect corn 13 and the rest of your team out fish the Ice walker. That last pike look like it was over 40" By the way what was it?  :coffee:

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King

that's because the rest of us are at work at 9:30AM. 

Guess it's true what they say, the sun shines on a dogs  :moon: every now and then.

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota

that's because the rest of us are at work at 9:30AM. 

Guess it's true what they say, the sun shines on a dogs  :moon: every now and then.

But some of us work Saturday and take Monday off for now that is,
and some are on line at work all day, That a fact,  :rotflmao:

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Wild u are pretty good at guessing measurements... she would have put us over the 80"mark.  Note the big gut...she had a 2lb white bass in her stomach!   Sure tasted great tonight for dinner!  I usually release big girls but she was gill hooked.

DDSBYDAY  great job this winter running the first ice challenge!  It was a lot of fun and some great fish caught.  Keep it going till April 1 again though next year...best icefishing is usually this weekend up on LOW!

Offline redbull135

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
corny13 nice fish and do have to apologize for not getting a fish big enough for are team bad year  :cry: