Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: DNR announces appointment of new Itasca State Park manager  (Read 1148 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
DNR announces appointment of new Itasca State Park manager
(Released January 5, 2012)

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) announced the appointment of Bob Chance as its new manager of Itasca State Park.

“Bob brings a tremendous amount of experience and enthusiasm to Itasca State Park,” said Mike Kovacovich, Northwest Region Parks and Trails manager. “We’re very excited about having him on board as the manager of Itasca State Park. He’s been a great asset to the Division of Parks and Trails, and I’m confident he’ll continue his great work as park manager.”

Chance has been district supervisor for DNR Parks and Trails in Fergus Falls since 2010. Prior to moving to Fergus Falls, Chance managed the Iron Range Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Area near Gilbert, and served as an area supervisor for the former DNR Trails and Waterways Division in Windom. Chance joined the DNR in 1978.

“I look forward to serving as Itasca State Park manager,” Chance said. “I want to continue the tradition Itasca State Park brings to the state of Minnesota and to provide outstanding outdoor recreation opportunities for which this park is renowned.”

Chance is a Minnesota native who earned a bachelor’s degree in recreation and parks, and a master’s degree in continuing studies, both from Minnesota State University, Mankato.

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!