Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 377528 times)

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Wade  ::welcome:: to the site. Todd  ::welcome:: back to the site. It's a great place to shoot the  :censored:
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline icestick

hey, am a guide on mille lacs lake, love to hunt fish, fish fish, 54yrs old  been guiding for fish, bear, muskies most of my adult life. Guide out of a resort on west side, going to be some great fishing this yr. from opener , till mid july. then the usual slow down till fall , but this yr we will have our perch back for the lazy month of aug. to keep us busy, and the smallies are getting bigger and better every year. looking forward to a great summer see you on the lake.                                                                                icestick

Offline Effie07

• Outdoorsman
My name is Matt, 25 year old Mechanical Engineer, grew up on the MN side of the Red River, but have since bought my MN lifetime hunting and fishing and now live on the ND side of the Red.  I am married to a wonderful woman who shot her first deer before we were married just to prove to me that she would be willing to try anything I like, once.  We have a daughter who will be 2 in May.  Her and I shared her first ice fishing trip to Rainy Lake back in February.  I was so proud of her ability to last 5 minutes in the icehouse before falling in a hole. What can you say, I know I did that same more than once when I was that age.  I hunt public land and grew up spending most of my weekends with Dad and Grandpa hunting and fishing.  I purchased my first hunting dog, a German Wirehair Pointer, now a year old.  He has got me into phesant hunting and will also help me out with my passion for waterfowl as well.  His breed is very very energetic, but practically self training.  I bacame a Rainy River Spring Fishing addict back in 2003 thanks to a college friend I met at Cabela's when purchasing my bow license. 

Can't wait to meet some more people who share the same passions as me, hunting and fishing that is. 

Life Moto:  You can't affort not to go Hunting and Fishing!
« Last Edit: March 03/19/09, 03:17:27 PM by Effie07 »
You can't afford not to go fishing.

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
I think you'll fit right in here Matt.  ::welcome::
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
 ::welcome::To the site Matt and Icestick. Look forward to seeing your posts. :woot:
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Jdrummer

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm diggin' the life motto Matt! Welcome
Pratice doesn't make perfect, Perfect pratice makes perfect!

Offline sapalas

Hello all,

I guess I would say I am fairly new to Hunting, but been huge in the outdoors for all of my 27 yrs.  I started hunting after meeting my inlaws.  They have always hunted and my family didn't believe in it, or owning a gun.  I have always liked camping/backpacking.  Just started Ice fishing again after a 15 year hiatus.  I am a mechanical designer, married, with no kids.

I thank my inlaws for helping me learn how to hunt, I started deer hunting 5 years ago, and this year tried my luck at Duck hunting, no luck though.  Couldn't get up to Hinckley as much as I wanted for it this year.  I am in the process of trying to find a used Shotgun in decent shape, probably an 870.  I will keep a look out for threads, and any info that pops up.  I always appreciate any help though.

Thanks.
  -Shaun

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
Welcome to the site! Here you'll find most of things you need to know, and all the things you don't -  ;)  ::welcome::
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
A big welcome sapalas  ::welcome::  ::welcome::  ::welcome::
Enjoy the site
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
 ::welcome:: to MNO Sapalas, it's a great place for us outdoor folks. I'm new to hunting myself, you'll get a lot of info off this site.  ::welcome::

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Welcome to all the new members!
 ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome::

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline infidel

Hi Everyone,  thanks for allowing me to join your community.  My passion is firearms, yet when I have time I like to fish year round.  I hope to learn as much as possible here and contribute when I can.   :tequila;

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome aboard infidel  ::welcome::  ::welcome::
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline sequoia

• I buy - trade - sell as a hobby
Hi everyone - I am Sequioa and i just found this site. It is Really Great!!! I am 57 years old and am retired. I am a hunting and shooting nut / I went to the drug store when i was 14 years old and bought my first gun - I still have that gun! Many (MANY) guns have come and gone since. I like 'different' 'unique' 'wierd' guns (if you have one give me a shout - I am interested). I am an active reloader because I have a 500 yard rifle range on my hunting property. I will use this site - I like the shopping - when I get comfortable I will start selling on it.
GREAT TO MEET EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
Welcome to MNO Sequoia!  You found the right place-alot of gun enthusiastsm and fellow hunters here at MNO.   :happy1:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline Big_R

Howdy:

I registered a little while ago and lurked around.  I felt silly with my first post being in the classifieds (buying something), so I guess it's time to post an intro.

I live in central MN, and an a lifelong hunter as well as firearms enthusiast.  I'm also a reloader.  I used to shoot competition, but work demands too much time now.  My wife wasn't into hunting/shooting when we met.  Needless to say, that has changed a bit.  This afternoon, she shot the last 50 rounds of 9mm.  Guess I better head off to the reloading room. 

Ryan

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
 ::welcome:: To MWO infidel & sequoia, hope you enjoy the site.

Sequoia, when you get to selling, let me know. I've been looking for a deer rifle.

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
 ::welcome:: To MWO Ryan, glad you joined the site.

Offline paulb

• Minnow
Hello All,

My name is Paul and am spending some time tonight figuring out how to navagate MWO. I am 40 years old; been married for 15 years, and have two children. I love everything outdoors, from camping with my family to grouse hunting with my buddies. I have many hobbies, but if I had to pick my favorite; it would be collecting and shooting WW2 surplus rifles. I recently started trap shooting and I think this will help me with my #1 favorite outdoor activity which is grouse hunting.
Anyway thanks for spending the time to read my first post on MWO. I look forward to chatting with and getting to know other MWO members.

Thanks
Paul

Thanks
Paul 

Offline Woody

• Master Outdoorsman
 ::welcome::  to MNO/MWO Paul!  If you have any questions feel free to contact any staff member-we'd gladly help out!   :happy1:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. ~Thomas Jefferson

Got Freedom? Thank a Vet!!!
www.fawkinnae.com
www.atijigs.com

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Welcome to the site Paul, glad ya made it over.

Offline fubar

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
everyone, my buddy rwinter just signed up. If you could find the time pleas PM him and say somthing about me being his mentor or him being my protege, it would be much appreciated.

Offline dwpaycheck

Hello Thank You for the invite to introduce myself. Im Dale I am 49 years old,I have 2 gorgeous daughters who as of June will be out of highschool. I have been an avid Mn. outdoorsman since I can remember. Spend almost all my winter days on Mille Lacs (most of the summer too) Im like most of you out there reading this post, Love everything Minnesota has to offer outside. I fell to the divorce statistics in 2001, I can call in any goose out there, shot my share of the deer in novembers past, coached Soccer for 2 teams for 5 years(girls) thank you god for the patience, I have helped in snowmobile safety instruction (Have my certification),Taught a couple boat safety classes (they are not required by the DNR but did it anyways,thanks Dan P.,Onamia). LOL I will quit now I am glad to become a part of the exciting website keep up the good work and You do help the time fly by as we wait to hit the water again in the comming days - yes days woo hoo. Dale W Paycheck

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Welcome to MNO Dale!

::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome::

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin

Offline FishingVermilion

• Minnow
    • Casey's Guide Service
Hey my name is Casey and I am a full time fishing guide on Lake Vermilion in beautiful northern MN. I chase marble eyes (walleyes) all the time and take a break only to shoot at yellow eyes (bluebills) on the big water of LOTW in October!
Casey Sunsdahl
Casey's Guide Service

(218) 750-4510
guide@fishingvermilion.com

www.fishingvermilion.com

Offline averagejoe57

• My idea of fast food is a Pheasant
    • Average Joes Archery
Hey all.  Mac here,  41 Male married, 2 daughters Love to Hunt and fFish. Fulltime Firefighter and Co Owner of Average Joes Archery in Downtown Anoka, MN.
Mike "Mac" McManus
Average Joes Archery
1922 First Ave
Anoka, MN.  55303
763-208-5717

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Nice to have you all on board!
Any questions? Just ask, I'm sure you will get the help you need!

Hunter
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline JIM CT

Hi Folks,
I'm Jim and a confirmed shooter, Hunter when lucky, fisher, as time with the kids, grandkids, and GGkids allow. Retired, unretired, working, in the same line for 27+ years.  Heard this was a great group, like what I see, hope I'll measure up. Enjoy the Great Life, Whatever it is!!!
Jim_CT
Jim_CT

NRA Lifer

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
 ::welcome::  ::welcome::  ::welcome::  Hope you enjoy the site.
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com