Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Go to Bait?  (Read 3245 times)

Offline whiteoakbuck

• Master Outdoorsman
Whats you #1 bait when targeting Giant Pike?
Hunting is not life and death. It is more important than that.

Offline wildlifeminnesota

• Master Outdoorsman
    • wildlifeminnesota
This all depends on what time of year, bigger sucker I would say would be my #1 bait

Offline ray634

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I like the Dupont Spinner and a brick. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
The largest spinner bait I can find.  :fishing2:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline MTCOMMER

• Master Outdoorsman
I am a big fan of the classic Daredevil!!!  Been catching big pike with the same lure for years... so I have never found a reason to switch.  Spoons are my go to's!

Offline Bobby Bass

• Master Outdoorsman
Spring time I would use a big dead bait on the bottom, smelt when you could use them were good for this. Big sucker under a bobber if ya have time just to sit and watch but like HD I prefer big spinnerbaits with  5" paddlebaits as trailers..
Bobby Bass

Bud and now Barney working the trail again in front of me.

It is not how many years you live, it is how you lived your years!

Offline corny13

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 ROCKBASS CHAMPION 2014
Like BobbyB.  in the spring in ND for giant pike a great big dead smelt or tullibee on the bottom with a quick strike rig is the way to go.  Summer Im with Wild...a great big sucker also on a quick strike rig under a giant 6" slip bobber.  If casting a black with white tailed regular Bull Dawg... best bait there is for pike but they dont last long with big pike!