Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Winner of the Stokes Bay/Fawkinnae photo contest is announced  (Read 5245 times)

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Who could have imagined at the beginning of the 2010 Stokes Bay photo contest that we would be announcing the winner in June. June 16th to be exact. But that's what can happen when three dedicated judges come together and announced, "Faw-kinn-ae we're going to get this right! This is important!" And important it is.

Our 3 judges have been poring over the entries since last August and are finally ready to announce a winner.

Chief judge Terry Corbin had this to say, "I have judged a lot, and I mean a lot of photo contests and this photo captures the moment like nothing I have ever seen before and expect I will never see again. In this modern world that we live in I'm always wary of photoshop tricks, but I am telling you this is a masterpiece. I hope to see it someday framed and hanging in the big house. We were thinking we would have three place winners but after this judging marathon we thought we better just pick a winner and move on, we need to be ready for this years competition."

Judge number 2, Pat Frankman said, "Reminds me of some of Brandenburg's best work, a thing of beauty."

Judge number 3, Ricky Bobby had similar comments, "Enormously fresh and captivating, I can't get it out of my head."

The winner of the Stokes Bay 2010 photo contest is
John Popp for his photo titled "The fish whisperer."

John will be honored at this years Stokes Bay fishing trip with a wine and cheese reception in the big house. Signed and framed copies will be available at the reception for $375.00 plus tax.

Thank you to John, our 3 dedicated judges and our sponsor, The Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club. Without the support of the folks at Fawkinnae we could never have made this happen.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Fawkinnae

• Executive Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
    • Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
So? Who won last years contest?

We forgot to have one. Do you want to be on that committee?
Fawkinnae Sportsman's Club T-Shirts
Unique fishing, hunting, drinking and motorcycle t-shirts, caps, bumper stickers and more.
http://www.fawkinnae.com/
Find me on Facebook - http://tinyurl.com/6k5tkvv

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
     Entries for the 2012 Stokes bay photo contest are now open.  They must be posted on this thread and the judging will take place on or around September 1st of this year (2012).  Same judges as 2010.   :happy1: :happy1:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood