Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: first fishing trip in the new canoe  (Read 1541 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
We took out our brand new used canoe last weekend. The maiden voyage was a success. Sierra caught one of the smallest bass I have ever seen on a rattle trap and also her largest pike in a long time.  The baby bass was the first fish of the day.  It looked pretty bleak as a cold front had come in the day before.  We caught a few bigger bass on the deep part of the drop and on the beavers huge feed pile by their lodge.  We continued farther into the narrow, shallow bay and started to connect with a few small pike on black spinner baits with orange Colorado blades.  As we get to the end of the bay I catch a 7 incher.  I told sierra that there weren't any big fish in the shallows and her next cast she connects with her nicest pike in some time.  She just laughed and said I was wrong. We had a great day.  She is growing up so fast.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Looks like you had a fun time!  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!