Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New Here  (Read 5287 times)

Offline CornCob28

• Outdoorsman
    • Corn Husker Fishing Camp, Lac La Ronge, Sask.
Hey all,

New to the Forum. A little about myself: I now live in Hibbing since I moved to Minnesota from Nebraska in 2011. I have a B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln (yes, I'm a Husker fan). I am a member of the Minnesota Army National Guard :USA: . I am blessed with a wonderful wife and 2 month old beautiful daughter. I am a volunteer shooting sports coach for 4H here. I grew up with shooting sports with everything from BBgun to archery to shotgun to competitive small bore in college.

Main hunting seasons for me are waterfowl, archery/rifle/muzzleloader for deer, pheasant, and once in a while I do some varmint hunting. As for fishing, I go for whatever species is biting but prefer Pike and walleyes.

If you are in the area and looking for something to go hunt/fish with, let me know. I'm always looking for new friends.
Fisherman’s Prayer:
Lord help me to catch a fish so large that even I in the tell of it never need to lie…

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
welcome aboard..............most of us wont hold it against ya for being a husker fan!!!!! :whistling: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: by the way...........didn't the gophers beat them this year?????? :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CornCob28

• Outdoorsman
Yeah, not sure what happened there. Oh well, what is it they say, something about a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once in a while... :moon:
Fisherman’s Prayer:
Lord help me to catch a fish so large that even I in the tell of it never need to lie…

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: my family has a cabin bout 2 hours west of you. in the marcel talmoon squaw lake area. close to bowstring lake. ever go that way??????
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline CornCob28

• Outdoorsman
I have not traveled too much that way yet. I'm still getting used to having lakes to fish on and not rivers and reservoirs. And the fact that I can ice fish for more than a month with the ability to drive on the ice (outlawed to take vehicles on the ice in good 'ole NE)
Fisherman’s Prayer:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Welcome to the site!

I use to make an annual trip down to NE just to ice fish....if ya didn't have a good pair of cleats, you would expect a trip to the hospital from falling....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
 ::welcome::  CornCob28!!!   Great to have you aboard. 
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Hey corncob, welcom. Glad ue here.I to am a Volunteer 4H leader in shooting sports in red lake county. I take our local 4H kids an parrents ice fishing to promote family on ice, we usually go to laoke of the woods but this year were trying red lake. Id like to offer an invite to u an yur family. Glad to have ya aboard :happy1:
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline CornCob28

• Outdoorsman
yeah, the Shooting sports is relatively new here in St. Louis Co. I've been involved with shooting sports since I was a kid, but working with new start up clubs is a little different for me. Maybe we can have some matches between our clubs when we get up and going here  :happy1:
Fisherman’s Prayer: