Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: hpnda generator  (Read 3459 times)

Offline crappie castle

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • Little Whitefish Resort
have a older Honda gen 1000 silver and black starts right away runs great but won't put out electric! Just stopped! any idea whats wrong! Not the reset tried that!
Little Whitefish Resort
18987 460th Street
Garrison, MN 56450
1-888-692-4531
e-mail: stay@littlewhitefish.com
www.littlewhitefish.com

Offline DDSBYDAY

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2012 MNO Fishing Challenge Champion
    • Advanced Tackle Innovations
  What happens if you slightly increase the engine speed?  If you throttle  the governor up a little and still no output then the experts will have to take over.   :scratch:
Pai Mei tells the Godfather when it's time to tell Wayne  to pimp slap Eastwood.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Oooooo......I had a generator that did that, and the coils had burned. The motor is now on a mini bike.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
there is a trick to this.. i just need to ask my brother again. because it is very counter intuitive to what you would think.
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
have a older Honda gen 1000 silver and black starts right away runs great but won't put out electric! Just stopped! any idea whats wrong! Not the reset tried that!
Without having it in front of me,My first look see would be the brushes,If its old they may be worn down and no contact,don't  know but some generators have slits where you can use a flashlite and see the brushes without disassembley
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline crappie castle

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
it starts right away, green light comes on, doesn't rev up and no power to run anything
Little Whitefish Resort
18987 460th Street
Garrison, MN 56450
1-888-692-4531
e-mail: stay@littlewhitefish.com
www.littlewhitefish.com

Offline beeker

• Master Outdoorsman
do you have a volt meter to check the out put? what we did with my brothers old honda . take a 9v battery wrap the terminals with wire and shove the ends of the wire  in the outlet. this does something with the capacitor (generator wasn't running when we did this). then when we started it and checked with the meter the voltage output had doubled. 

my brother heard this from an old timer on the job site... not sure where or how someone figures this out.. use at your own risk   
If science fiction has taught me anything, it's that you can never have enough guns and ammo when the zombies come back to life... "WS"