Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4962159 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
You said you wanted to go fish'in, so I  offered to take ya....yup, that's all I got.

Foggy here this morning, back in the stand waiting for dinner to walk by. Later, I gotta mow the law, hopefully the last time for the year. Then, pull the boats out of the barn and winterize them. I'm done for the year except for maybe a afternoon of sunny fishing at the local hole.

I'll be working at the butcher shop again this year skinning deer....so, I gotta get my deer out of the way soon.

Have a great day ya'll
« Last Edit: October 10/01/16, 08:18:52 AM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful morning here.  I am going to mow for the last time today too.  The grass is long too.  I took a walk with the dogs last night and we have mushrooms everywhere.  Big ones little ones you name it.  I am going to have to get the musroom ID book.  I sure have a lot to learn about them.  I am going to have a breakfast like Rebs has everyday.  Sausage links, 3 eggs sunny side up and toast.  Only on the weekends do I have a big breakfast.  Love it.  The colors here must be about peak.  Lots of yellows and orange but still a little green to mix in.  Beautiful..   May even get out fishing after the Gopher game.  I think it is at 2:30. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Kinda cloudy and 60* here. Gonna be a total goof off day. Feels good to have all my work done. Even hand-waxed Mr Sparkles yesterday. Sure isn't an easy job like doing the little Ranger was. I'm paying for it today, though. I miss that lil' Ranger...never had a lick of trouble with it for the 16 years I drove it. Didn't have to stand on a 5 gal pail to clean the windows and roof, either. Think I'll mosey outside and check out the last of the 'maters, since I already had one of "my breakfasts". Nothing like some fried Spam once in awhile with fresh eggs and some clover honey on warm buttered toast... ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
54 and gorgeous here so far. Good idea LPS on learning up on fungus before picking. I'll be mow lawning for a while yet, not to mention grinding leaves. Did are usual 2 mile walk in the dark this morning the only down fall was the pooch clipped a chain link fence chasing a softball and has 3 cuts below his eye, man that could a been bad, so looks like he's gonna havta heal before we chase any birds. Cold smoking jalapeƱos, Tai, Serrano and habenaro before drying them out . 5 lbs of jerky going in the smoker thus afternoon, other than that maybe wash the ram in the driveway.    Have a good one!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks awesome reb, I hear ya on standing on something to warsh the pick em up!! :happy1:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
lol. my mom says warsh. MORNIN BOYS. beutiful day for a ride. wer chappin up to headout soon down to itasca for the weekend. got the boars nest underfloor sprayfoamed yesterday, glad.thats done. should be snuggly warm this winter. lovimg thenfall!! hope to get out and do some bow hunting thi week. maybe do some camping next weekend.  excited about sausage time in very near future. have a great day!!!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Came in early....so I started breakfast...

Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
O boy!! One good helping of bacon!!!  ;D lookin', HD! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Kinda cloudy and 60* here. Gonna be a total goof off day. Feels good to have all my work done. Even hand-waxed Mr Sparkles yesterday. Sure isn't an easy job like doing the little Ranger was. I'm paying for it today, though. I miss that lil' Ranger...never had a lick of trouble with it for the 16 years I drove it. Didn't have to stand on a 5 gal pail to clean the windows and roof, either. Think I'll mosey outside and check out the last of the 'maters, since I already had one of "my breakfasts". Nothing like some fried Spam once in awhile with fresh eggs and some clover honey on warm buttered toast... ;)
ya fergot da katchup! :laughroll: :laughroll:
Afternoon fellers. Got the daughter moved. Resting now. By 4 pm I'll be sitting in my boat on da lake!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had an ice fishing site buddy from southern Iowa pass thru, he stopped in, and we went out for lunch...*burp* HEY GLENN!! He's a UNION pipe-fitter/welder!!! That should make ya happy!  ;) And we want pics of those FISH yer gonna catch this afternoon.....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Time to get up and at 'em, guys! Gonna be a nice day out there! Next weekend looks like the cold will be hitting with highs in the low 50's. Think my Early Girl 'mater's are about done. Might whack 'em down today and pick and wrap the green ones to ripen.  Gonna put two ball tips in some marinade in a bit and ziplock them up until later today, when they'll be grilled as shish kabobs with wild rice. Picked up the red and green peppers yday, purple onion, and big button mushrooms. I'm all set. Thinking a smoked ham, cheddar, and green pepper omelet in a bit might just hit the spot.....along with that clover honey and some toast. Enjoy the nice day, guys!  :happy1:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
This time of the year and especially in October,  deer camp is on my mind all the time.  My trusty 1974 Jayco camper has to get a check up.  Start the stove up and the furnace.  Give it a good clean up and wash the sheets ect.  Will pull it up two weeks before opener.  That thing was built solid and has been great to us for many years.  Oh the memories.  Put 3 pieces of boneless pork loins in the brine 10 day's ago and yesterday they got smoked.  They are for my brother.  Next batch for home and deer camp give away's and eats.  Polish sausage next.  My wife will drive today to test out her knee with me in the passenger seat.  We will drive somewhere to fish off shore.  Might as well make the drive to see if we can get some panfish fillets.  Great day everyone.  good luck.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Sounds like good time RH and Reb.  We are going to church and then a little grocery shopping.  I sure wish this wind would change from being out of the east, but I'm also guessing that's what is bringing the nice temps.  I believe it's going to be a crockpot roast for supper this evening.  Have a good day everyone.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man all of that food sounds great.  RH your deer camp must be unreal with all of that great food you prepare.  My hat is off to you.   Rebs you influenced my breakfast.  I am now starting a sausage, onion, cheese, omelet.  Maybe a little jalopena in it, not sure about that though.  Having another cup of java with a shot of raw honey.  Great way to start the day.  Just turned the TV on to get some background noise of a hunting channel and here the Colts, Jaguars game is on already.  WTH is with that??  No Vikes today so I will finish mowing the lawn before the wife gets home.  That will make her happy.  Got the 23 round bales for the winter supply of food for the horses yesterday.  I had to take the carb apart on the WD and clean it out again.  Full of water and gunk that the fuel bowl seperator didn't catch.  Recently I have had a lot of dirt coming out of the gas tank.  Can't understand why it is only a 1951, that is only 65 years old...   I am a 1954 model.  Tried fishing for an hour at sunset last night and nothing.  I could see shiners breaking the surface so the fish should be not to far behind but no go last night.  Well have a great day all...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Glenn DID actually get some fish!!! ...posted at his request. Yer welcome.  :bow:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks buddy! And da big cup, that's ice water!!; :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Guess what's for supper!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nicely done Glenn!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nicely done Glenn!!!
thanks! ;)on a lake not far from Norway!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
well of that's the case you best let them go!!  :bow:
Nicely done Glenn!!!
thanks! ;)on a lake not far from Norway!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hot got 'em outta the seafood case at Byerley's.... ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:doah: :banghead:and then you wonder why I give you sh$t about the neighbor! :bonk: :moon:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice batch of fish Glenn!!! Mornin all. We had a fun weekend down at Effie. Got some 4 wheelin in and plenty of beer drinking. The Brother in law and I broke out the pee shooters yesterday afternoon and went thru a couple hundred of rounds. That was fun. Poor beer cans took a punishment. Well another Monday back at work. Enjoy one of the last nice days today all!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
:doah: :banghead:and then you wonder why I give you sh$t about the neighbor! :bonk: :moon:

You started it, ya  blue-tinged marmot!!!!!!!!!!!   :swords:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

You started it, ya  blue-tinged marmot!!!!!!!!!!!   :swords:
:whistling: :whistling: :whistling: not me!!!!!! da perfect littla angel i be!!!!!

morning fellas, man dem sunfish were tasty last nite.  pretty quiet at work for the week. time to clean house and reorganize, but a crap storm is just a phone call away!!!!!! sure felt wierd yesterday as nice as it was and slowly organizing and getting things ready for winter. a campfire and a few  :toast: :toast: helped!!!!!!!

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
I finally did it.  Hurt my wrist catching fish.  Doc said it's rare to catch that many fish in a season to trigger the repetitive issue.  Al Lindner almost had it once Doc said.  Only people Doc sees it with are union street workers from leaning on the shovel so much.

Since I'm tougher than nails I will grind out October catching crappie after crappie and rest it til next May.  I may post a photo but I'm having issues posting off of my phone and wouldn't know which ones to post anyhow.

Honesty this has been the absolute best fishing year of my life.  It's crazy.
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Getting pretty deep is all I can say! :doah:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey how about those Vikes last night.   YYYAAA!!!   I was worried about putz Beckman running all over us.  Xavier HANDLED him like a dream.  When Beckman wanted to fight Xavieer was right in his face.  lol  I sure would have liked to see some sacks on Eli but he just threw the ball away when we got close to him.  Which was lots of time.  Made him look like a rookie...   On to the Texans next Sunday and JJ Watts is out for the season.  Too bad too, I like him, great guy.  Although it doesn't hurt my feelings that we don't have to play against him.   Another nice day here today before things start turning for cooler fall weather.  Rain coming and even snow flakes possible by the weekend.  That will be a slap back to reality.  The firewood pile is looking great too so that feels good.  See ya all later.

Offline leechlake

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Fish

« Last Edit: October 10/04/16, 08:11:35 AM by leechlake »
Two Buck Chuck 2016.

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Nice job on the fish leechlake  :happy1:

Another day at work and a strong east wind so no sitting in the stand tonight.  I helped a friend pull an 8 pointer out of a wildlife area last night.  Why can't they allow a wheeler back there to retrieve big game?   :bs:
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood