Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5447188 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 68 @ 1st peek here & it looks like 90 will be our high again today. Noticed yday that my seed on this side of the new shed is starting to pop :cool: Might even get a break from watering it too. :happy1: No early boat time today, yet. We'll see in a bit. I do have a load of clothes going already though & they should be about done. No more now, have a good 1.
« Last Edit: September 09/04/23, 07:59:17 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed out to collect camper from campground in a bit. Kids sent a text last night they were headed for home at 10:00 this morning. Shot 300 targets of trap in Glenwood yesterday. Might have been too hot for that. When we got done a cold beer didn't even taste good. That's hot. Stay cool, have a great day, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't even get all the clothes on the line & it started to sprinkle. Done by 8:30 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-90's. Should be breezy too so will dry the snot out of things, as if they weren't already dry enough. Auntie Mar Mar & Unkie Gregory showed up so we wound up picking maters and gave her a couple gallon bags of string beans. Was already too warm then to think about mowing. Later in the afternoon my neighbor & his wife showed up with some round bales. Gave their kids, a 2 & a 3-4 year old some orange push-ups since it was so hot. Think they wound up wearing more of them than they ate! Got the sticks picked up under the bitch tree this a.m. Get the apples picked up and tossed over the fence then I can commence mowing. Looks like Gunner is the rain hog today. 🐷🐖 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
company just rolled out, an orange push ups!!   haven't had one years!!!  some breeze here too!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I slept late and it felt great.  Having coffee now.  I see a lot of those ground plants around the woods are turning red.  No idea what they are.  May have to do that google thing someone showed us on them.  It's cloudy and hazy but the sun is just coming out now.  Gonna be 90's here today.  Have a few things to do today but nothing too strenuous.  Congrats Roony.  I hope you have a lawn chair to relax in.    :happy1:  300 rounds of trap???  How is your shoulder Mark?   I like those orange push up things too.  May have to get some.  Well time for more coffee.  Have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Congrats roony! I have stocked large quantities of VSOP, Stoli, & Sapphire in anticipation 😀
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, them bitch trees do drop a bit of branches.  :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good thing those bitch trees make good kindling!! Afternoon peoples 95 at the moment headin for I hope not much more than that.  We rolled back into town yesterday,  man traffic was light. Anywho went to FF this morning and all  could find to buy was a couple of spinner blades, shoulda got charcoal there since home dump was out!! Good thing the chicken ties are going on the Traeger.  This has gotta be the first time I didn't wet a line at the cabin on a weekend in yrs, it was warm early tho, but the friggen boats ripping up the lake pulling skiers,  tubers and whatever had floating weeds all over the surface,  hopefully after this weekend that stuff should settle down.  Anywho think I'll grab a Beer and find some shade....See ya!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have about a cord of nice bitch on the south side of the garage/shop.  Nice stuff. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 68 here and heading for a high of 69. Our phones went off at 2 am about bg storm with 80 mph winds. It went just north of us. Looks like rain later here though. We need a shot of rain. Just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
One more day of this hot crud and hopefully we're done with it for awhile. Got camper home and cleaned out yesterday. I also cleaned out and reorganized the hold below the bedroom up front. Threw a few things away and removed several un-needed chairs. Told her she can only sit in one at a time anyway. Put things I want in there in boxes, tons of room left over. A run to fleet in order today to pick up winterizing stuff for camper and it's headed to the trap range to rest until May when that is done.
 LPS, at each ATA trap shoot there is three events of 100 targets for each event. After the first couple hundred targets in the Spring my shoulder is used to the recoil and it doesn't hurt at all. The heat was the killer on Sunday. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 71 here and going for 79 today, but as Mark said, it's going to be humid...  managed to get a few things done yesterday but at a slow pace too..  today mot a lot going on but thats ok too..   have a good day all... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  63 and headed to 72 which is about perfect.  I see the huge front moving northeast but may get over to us later on today.  I sure hope so.  Will make a grocery run this morning to stock up on things.  Then will see what is up next.  Got electric wire around the bales yesterday.  Glad we weren't at the Burning Man event.  LOL  Well stay out of trouble. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 70 here last I looked & it's sayin 81 will be our high. I've been in a get anything I want done by 11-11:30 mode since about Friday here. There looks to be some early afternoon precip in our hourly & I hope it last most of the day tomorrow too. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 71 at choretime heading for a high in the low 90's. Topped out about 96 yesterday unofficially on the unreliable ranch thermometer. I hear ya on the "get stuff done by 11" thing Gunner. I had a full slate this a.m. after chores, finishing up editing & proofing copy, tying up odds & ends, then doing a podcast with Extension until a few minutes ago. Now it's hotter than blazes and my ambition is ebbing thinking about getting back out to the fields in the heat. Tomorrow when it's cooler sounds a lot more attractive to me. Ya know markn, I've heard some of those honeys from Inger glenn & Gunner hang with actually can sit in two chairs at a time... :whistling: 
« Last Edit: September 09/05/23, 11:15:21 AM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 Ya know markn, I've heard some of those honeys from Inger glenn & Gunner hang with actually can sit in two chairs at a time... :whistling:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Ya know markn, I've heard some of those honeys from Inger glenn & Gunner hang with actually can sit in two chairs at a time... :whistling:

damn. Your eyes gotta be brown. As full of sheet you are! :tut: :rotflmao:

Besides on Gunner would kny! :happy1: dios manage to get 3 nords for the smoker today. But been dodging rain all day.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 here and heading for 61 today. The wind has been crazy out of the north since yesterday. Actually had a message on the answering machine when I got home from the NWS warning about 5 foot waves on the lake and 25 to 35 mph winds overnight. It was really strong last night. The lake was mighty angry. Well just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: If they're Cougars :scratch:, those would be glenn's girls!! :sleazy:            ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here too..  heading to 70 today..   north winds too... feels good too..   going into Alex and get a few things..  getting low  and out of a few things...  have a good day all!!   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 56, breezy & with a light mist, 62 will be our high. We too are headed to the big city today. My list is kind of short, but we never seem to get back here 'til at 1 anyway. :scratch: No more now, hopin your Wednesday is a good day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 55 and headed to 65 today.  Will get down to 44 tonight. I wondered how things looked up there last night JB.  We still have a breeze from the north.  I see the air quality is POOR today.  The number is 91.  Not sure what that means.  Maybe so  particles in an area?  Dotch may know.  I cleaned out the hummer feeder yesterday.  A bald faced wasp was hovering around me as I put it back up.  Glad he wasn't interested in me.  Jake is really growing.  He is really a smart pup.  Like we have all joked his nick name is NO!  LOL   So I saw Cooper go to the apple tree the other day.  He looked for a low hanging fruit and grabbed it and ate it.  Then he grabbed another one.  He did not pick up one that had already fallen.  He wanted fresh fruit.  This is the first year in many that we haven't seen a bear on the property.  I better get some trail cameras set up.  You all have a great day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers.... 53 here. Was gonna cut some wood but think the woods would be wet. Need a couple more nords for a batch to throw in the smoker.

Kinda windy to. After last week temps this almost feels like long John weather. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I was walking back from the coffee maker and wondered what that strange feeling was I was having. Then I realized I was wearing jeans, not shorts. This is probably the third or fourth time I've had long pants on since July 1. Today's project is to build a box stand for the BIL. Should keep me busy for a couple of hours. Better get my deer license and duck stamps too. I've got some birds in my back yard that are gray in color with long black necks and heads. And they taste great wrapped in bacon. Great comments Dotch and Mike. I won't go any farther, it's a family-friendly site.  :sleazy: Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. A dab of precip with .01" falling at the ranch and .03" in Bugtussle. Some better corn out here than some might've guessed. Did some yield estimates yesterday that were well north of 200 bu./acre. They were closer to town where there was more rain. Go east and it'll tail off quickly. Helped the guys out with the corn binder again yesterday. Think the guy running it got in a hurry and was pushing the thing too hard. The twine came unthreaded and it wasn't tying the bundles. The knotters operate very similarly to a baler so once they got it threaded properly it just meant hanging onto the twine until it tripped the needle and rethreaded itself. They thought I was a genius. Nope, just old.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: September 09/06/23, 10:45:11 AM by Dotch »

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.... 53 here. Was gonna cut some wood but think the woods would be wet. Need a couple more nords for a batch to throw in the smoker.

Kinda windy to. After last week temps this almost feels like long John weather. :rotflmao:

Good morning ALL.   Yes indeed a huge change but I LIKE it.   Woke up to 51 and rain this morning.  I had to actually break out a sweatshirt for a change.   

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Following some guy home today.....I kept thinking.... "Do I know this guy?"  :rotflmao:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta be him.