Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4959438 times)

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS,
Let us know how that plotmaster works out. I went to a demonstration a number of years ago and it was a disaster.  First of all it was light, sandy soil with little vegetation.  Then the first ATV bunt up and the second blew a belt.  Fortunately a guy had a wheeler he wanted to show off.  After many, many passes, the plot didn't look like a field and I wasn't impressed at all.
Good luck with your plots.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
back issues bite.............get well and let that nurse fix ya up!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Getting ready for vacation up north to the Ash River Trail.  Got a big list of stuff to buy.  Always take too much, every time.  Rented a cabin [well actually 3].  Family coming with.  So instead of my boat, I rented a pontoon boat also just like last time.  It will be mostly bobbers and leeches.  Last time we went there the fishing was great.  Lot's of walleye's, big bass, and some nice sized  perch up to 14 inches.  Got a meal plan all set up along with fish fry's in-between.  There will be lot's of fried potatoes for sure.  My daughters husband Erik will be doing his mustard chicken one night and I will do the rest.  My Philadelphia swiss cheese brats, Korean Kalbi beef ribs, burgers will be some other meals.  good luck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got room in your suitcase for me reiny!!!!!!!!!! that menu sounds awesome..............and fishing besides!!!!

morning fellers. not much happening so far today. getting ready for a 3 day work trip to red wing. iffin anyone goes that way down by the pottery place there is a resturaunt called fiesta cancun. the potions are huge and really good not to metion reasonably priced!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck LPS. I hope you don't get the rain they are predicting for tomorrow. I think we have had enough. It was an interesting weather weekend this past weekend. Monsoon rains Friday. Then crappy Saturday. Then big storms Sunday morning and again in the evening. We were missed by the ones Sunday morning, but the one in the evening got us. Biggest hail I have ever seen, it was between the size of a tennis ball to baseball. Thank goodness it was short lived for us, maybe lasted ten minutes. The wifes car has a few new dings in it now. Yippy. The roofs of the building do't look to bad, couple of dents in the ridge cap here and there. It is a metal roof. We did manage to go fish on Father's day before the storm rolled in and we caught some nice fish too. Have a good one all!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Was at the Waseca Experiment Station for their annual summer crops day. Think this makes the 30th one I've attended. Always good info, some of it better than others. Always run into people I haven't seen in a while. Spent the forenoon there and now I feel like taking a nap. Supposed to rain tonight here too so will want to get some lawn mowed perhaps and get geared up to chop some thistle patches in the pasture after the rain. At least get the mower hooked up. Have a good one!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
For some reason on both of my computers the last day or two I have to log in each time.  Wonder why?  I got the Plotmaster out today Deadeye.  I sprayed a roundup type product 10 days ago.  It takes a couple of weeks for things to actually die and dry up so there is still lots of green grass that I mowed 4 days ago.  Ran the Plotmaster over it today.  Still wet so it did get mud packed on the disc blades but I spent 3 hours on a 35' x 225' piece of ground.  It finally at the end was cutting it up.  A friend told me it works much better after it dries out a bit.  Won't gum  up so much.  It is the 400 model so it is fairly heavy.  It cut better when I was turning so I swerved around a lot.  I will let you know more when I use it again next Sat. 

The river is ripping up here from all of the rain.  It is dark brown too.  No fishing here.  The whole south side of the lake is going to suck too for the Take a Kid gig tomorrow.  Will just have to make it a fun boat ride.  Who knows maybe we will anchor right on top of them or have luck doing a drift. 

I was wondering how you fared with that weather Jerkbait.  We had a few little pea sized hails but no big deal at all.  I heard the Faunce tower was hit pretty hard with that big hail.   Sorry to hear you got hit too.  We are going out of Zipple Bay park tomorrow.  Will sort of be in your neighborhood.  I hope it is nice out and the rain holds off till later afternoon. 

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Three hours on less than 1/5 acre.  That would take 15 hours of work per acre.  Good luck and keep us informed. I'm not trying to bad mouth the Plotmaster, just trying to see how it works for you.  Thanks for the update.  What are you using to tow it with?

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Wow! It's still morning and I got a few minutes. A dab of rain this a.m., an even tenth at the ranch and .13" in town. Certainly not the rainfall event the NWS was advertising but more on tap for Saturday night. Still should be enough so I have an excuse to clean some stuff up in my office. Got a hankering for some New York strips again. Still drooling thinking about the ones I got from Fareway (cut 1 1/2" thick) back in February, some of the best steak I have ever eaten. Have some carnivorous company coming in a couple weeks so will attempt to duplicate that feat. In the meantime I have a couple legs of lamb slated for the rotisserie and a 4th of July party. Sliced up, then simmered in some BBQ sauce in the crock pot. Dayim! Making myself hungry here!  ;) 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  Just wrapped up nine straight days at Alex Shooting Park with the Minnesota Clay Target League Championship. Ran about 6,930 kids through there in eight days. 1,080 yesterday alone. Between work, helping out loading targets (approx. 75,000 a day) at the end of the day and spending some time on the MDHA booth I'm a bit tuckered out. Had a great time and it was fun for the kids and that's all that counts. Can't wait for next year.

Deadeye, sorry I missed you on Friday. Couldn't leave work early enough to stop by the booth and say hello.
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am pulling the Plotmaster with a Grizzly 660 and I have it in 4WD too.  Another guy told me that if the ground is too wet it won't work as well.  It keeps raining here too.  Will try it when it dries out... 

That is a lot of kids Markn.  Good for you.  I just got home from the Take a Kid Fishing day.  We decided to go to Red.  Had a great time.  Caught 7 nice walleyes that we kept, 3 perch, and 4 sheepies that my fishing buddy is going to get the rocks out of their heads and then give to the kids.  We had 3 girls all under 12 in the boat with us and we all had a great time.  One kept doing cheerleading for the fish.  It worked lol and we caught fish when she did it.  Hilarious.   She also named the minnows when we put them on the hook.   Like Dale, Scott, Carl etc.  We then cooked hot dogs at the park on the lake while it rained.  We had a shelter to stand under.  Another great year. 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
what an awsome time lps. sounds lime my halle. she would name them then smash themthen hang them from their tails off the top bunk in the ol ice camper till they dried. shed do the dance of the fish with me, and we always caught fish.
78.50"

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  Just been busy prepping for the week stay up at the Ash River.  I have some pics from the last time I was up there on my site in the Where To Go page.  I'll have to update that when I get back with more pics.  Amazing how much extra you spend besides the stay up there.  I'm sure a lot of the stuff I will bring up will come back with me except the food.  Bringing some sausage up to my friends who own the resort.  Have to cut the grass today.  I'm sure it will need a good cut when we get back.  That's the only thing I don't like about vacation.  Coming back.  Time goes so fast.  good luck.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
morning, out in the feilds.already, getting caught. ip wheat needs a second spray with fungicide.hope to be caught up.enough so we dont work weekends afrer the 4th. have a good day gents, glad.i got anothe loin in the brine funny how.fas it gose.
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers! Another day of telling the employer how redicules there proposals are. :surrender: :happy1:

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Markn,
I saw your name on the volunteer list for the MDHA booth.  I didn't know it was you but suspected it might be.  Maybe see you at another event sometime.
Thanks for putting on a great shoot. 

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
I spent a little time in the garden picking peas last night and helping the neighbor make room in his fridge.  Tonight I have to get things packed up for Cub Scout camp with the boy this weekend.  Have a good day fellas.
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. Sounds like a good time LPS. The rain is not helping to get any projects done involving dirt work these days. Just another day at work. have a good day!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'! Been bachin' it since Sunday so actually able to get something done rather than attending all these social obligations. Just me and the dogs so we're managing just fine. Car show on Saturday so finally got the Stude cleaned up after the Back to the Fifties. Got the rear mounted rotary mower on the tractor last night after putting up a makeshift bunny fence to keep them from eating the green beans off. That lathered me up so decided to cool off and mow some lawn. Border Collies like that. Riding mowers are fun to herd. Fudgie the older dog has it figured out. When it's hot like last night she goes and lays in the shade on the porch. Ruby on the other hand can't turn it off. If it has a small engine in it, the tires must be bitten first and if it moves it must be herded!  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline The General

• MNO Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Smackdown King
Looks like it going to be a nice day.  The agenda is to get caught up on paperwork and then it's off to Cub Scout camp with the boy for the weekend. 
Eastwood v. Wayne Challenge Winner 2011

The Boogie Man may check his closet for John Wayne but John Wayne checks under his bed for Clint Eastwood

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Where is your club scout camp?
Morning fellers. Another day trying to get to a collective bargaining agreement! I see beer and a campfire in my future along with some work around home. One of these days needs to be spspent on the water.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya Glenn. It's been too long for this hombre. I have a lake less than 2 miles from my house and never get there anymore. Got after the thistles last night and in the process knocked over one of the bluebird houses that had baby tree swallows in it. Little tykes appeared to be intact so one hunk of 2"x 6", a cordless drill and a few 2" deck screws later they were back in business. Later I knocked off a red-winged blackbird nest. No fix to that one. While they may not be everyone's favorite, they've never done anything to rile me so felt kinda bad about that. Did raise hell with the thistle patches though until about 10 p.m. so at least we're making progress. Maybe sneak out this afternoon and try to finish them off. Car show tomorrow and plan is to relax on Sunday. 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning everyone.  Well, heading north to the Ash River Trail this morning.  Looks like it's raining there now.  Seems like we are going to get some of that here later in the day.  Looking forward to a week of vacation.  We will eat well up there.  Starting out with some homemade Swiss cheese brats today.  Something simple after un-packing.  Sunday will be my son-in-laws mustard chicken.  Monday Korean Kalbi short ribs cut thin., Tues, fish fry.  Wendsday my pulled pork, Thursday, at a bar down the road for something, Friday burgers, and Sat am some walleye with fried potatoes.  But we could have walleye or perch for breakfast every morning for that matter.  Rented a pontoon and we will be fishing mornings and afternoons and our meals will be around 2 pm or so.  I'll see you guy's next weekend when we will be back.  i do not think I can post from there, I know last time I couln't.  But I will post pics and stuff when I get back.  good luck.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Have a great trip Reinhard!

Me and mama will be running to town here soon to get our allotment of groceries before it gets to hot out. Grilling burgers later for dinner. We will be fishing Sunday and Monday and hopefully get enough for a fry.

Have a good one boys, stay cool!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looking forward to pictures!!!!!!!!!! have a good trip. not sure I understand a retired guy going on vac though?????

it is afternoon so have a good day fellas!!!!!!! did some running this morning. this afternoon there will be beers nd some odds and end projects worked on. me and da hounds got the shack to ourselfs!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good afternoon all.  Just got back from Bear Head State Park.  Stayed Thur, Fri and checked out today.  They didn't have any Sat openings and that was way back in March that we made the reservations.  We had a great spot  Had lots of huge pines and other trees to give us some privacy.  It is also nice to see some people walking by and of course I always have to say hi to them.  I especially like saying hi to all of the kids.  I remember how special it was on vacation when we were kids.  We didn't have time to fish.  Just had fun with a fire and being in the new to us Rockwood.  It is so much roomier than our old camper.  I broke out the old CD's and kept turning it up and having the wife walk around to see if we were disturbing others around us..   lol  She can hear better than  me so she is the checker.  Then I turn it up a little more after another "coffee"  since you can't have cocktails in a State Park. ;)  Some of the "coffees" got pretty strong since they were of course in a coffee cup and I couldn't see what I was adding.   :bonk:   We had a great time.  Buddy and Sammy were just great there too.  Well it rained and hailed on us there this morning.  Now we have been home for an hour and the sky is green here and it is raining like a mother.  We came home to an inch in the rain gauge from last night.  There was a head for shelter warning on the answering machine from 3 this morning.  Said heavy rain hail and 60 mph winds.  Everything looks ok here..   Ok time to go see ya tomorrow

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey all, The wife and I just got back from a five day trip visiting my buddy who has a place on Eagles Nest Lake #3 Southwest of Ely. It's a long story but we had no boat, really didn't matter much as our main purpose wasn't fishing, it was mainly relaxing and playing water sports with our dogs. I did  manage to catch four smallmouth off his dock that were between 17 and 19 inches long so that was fun. The weather was super, mayflies seemed to be pretty thick. We had excellent weather for the trip and just a great time, it was just what the doctor ordered.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is a pic of Frieda jumping off the doc to get her toy. oops, two pics I guess.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06/25/16, 07:50:37 PM by roony »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Beautiful morning here.  Looks like rain about 10 this morning.  Man it is killing me.  I can't get anything done it is so wet here.  Well I checked and I did not get drawn for a bear permit.  I didn't think I would get one since I got drawn last year.  I was real busy cleaning out a good friends place who died and that was top priority so just put out one bait just to be doing it.  It finally got hit at the very end.  Never saw the bear.  Never even put out a trail cam.  Well now I can concentrate on my first food plot and try to stick a deer with my crossbow.  Now that I am over 60 I don't even need a permit or anything to use it.  Great new deal for us older guys.  I am not going to pull a bow back and hurt a shoulder.  I have had 2 ops on each shoulder and don't want anymore. 

Well I have the coffee made and am going to have a cup or three.  When the wife gets up I will make her some of my homemade bacon with some eggs.  The bacon is great!  Have a great day all of you.