Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4961920 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
No wonder I can't get a picture posted! :bonk: been trying half da day. :confused: :confused:

Hope ya getter fixed up HD!! :happy1:

I just posted one, and it went fine....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :angry2: :doofus: not here I'll try later. :confused: :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like about a foot of :snow2: on the ground for most of N Ia., this time.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
  Do we gotta re learn ya.. :mooning:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
  Do we gotta re learn ya.. :mooning:

Whaddya mean RE learn? Dontcha have to learn it First?!   :scratch:    :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :scratch: :doah:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellas,  29 with a 12 mph NE wind, I think we'll skip da morning walk. Gonna be a good day, heading over to the in-laws later to visit tgen doing up ribs dis afternoon. Well enjoy today since its gonna be freezing rain/ snow  tomorrow.  have a good one gents!!
« Last Edit: March 03/25/18, 06:50:44 AM by Bobberineyes »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 25* & windy here to start our day. Rain today & maybe freezing rain tomorrow in the forecast here. Maybe some snow Monday as well,we may delay our trip home until Tuesday, if that all plays out. The Globe Gazette(Mason City paper) had 17.5" of wet heavy snow at 4:45 yday afternoon. With 15-25 mph & gust to 35 mph the Sheriffs Office in our county was reporting that the Avenue of the Saints was reduced to 1 lane, with cars stuck in the middle of the road. A lot of people out :fishing: here yday. Not much else to let ya know about, have a good Sunday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 29 here too going for the upper 30's...  a chance of snow tomorrow here too, 3 to 5 inches maybe.  find out tomorrow... have a good day all!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning guys. 26* here, headed for 45* later and sunny. No plans for the day other than get outside and nose around the lawn a bit. Front is bare with some snow on the boulevard. Back is about 1/3 covered yet with some good big piles all around the deck from the roof raking/deck shoveling.
No wonder it won't stay nice out, you guys keep yappin' about "More snow comin"..."Gonna snow Monday"... "Rain and snow Mon and Tues".... I feel like pullin' a Walter on ya right now.....!   :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. Hope that crap clears out and roada are good by Tuesday morning. I have a road trip to Sioux falls. :doofus: just gonna putz today.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning. Hope that crap clears out and roada are good by Tuesday morning. I have a road trip to Sioux falls. :doofus: just gonna putz today.

So you finally.....no, don't say it Reb, No, no.....Morning Glenn!  :smiley:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning.  26 here and windy.  Saw a wood chuck scoot across the yard this morning.  Still lots of snow on the ground here.  We had a fire in our woods yesterday afternoon.  The snow was a foot deep where we were at.  Going to Brainerd tomorrow for a Hazardous Waste Seminar on Tue morning then back home.  Hope we don't have bad driving conditions.  Posted on the cooking thread that I got a "mock tender" chuck roast yesterday.  More lean than a regular chuckie. (bought one of them too)  I love chuck roasts and usually have a nice pot roast out of them.  Well not sure if that is what I should do with the mock tender one??  Maybe I should do it as roast beef and then slice for sandwichs??  That is my challenge for the day.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Rebs.  I wondered why it was labeled tender.  With a lot less fat than a regular chuckie I thought it would be tougher.  So maybe I will just cook it as a pot roast.  Pretty hard to screw that up.  I asked the butcher and he said it will be real tender.  ???  But then he said let me know how it turns out.  lol

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I would do the pot roast too...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Rebs.  I wondered why it was labeled tender.  With a lot less fat than a regular chuckie I thought it would be tougher.  So maybe I will just cook it as a pot roast.  Pretty hard to screw that up.  I asked the butcher and he said it will be real tender.  ???  But then he said let me know how it turns out.  lol

It does say it's tougher.......you are right... :undecided:

Mock tender roast is also known as chuck eye, chuck filet, medallion pot roast and Scotch tender, according to the Texas Beef Council. The roast is called a mock tender because it is similar in appearance to a beef tenderloin; beef tenderloin is widely regarded as one of the most tender cuts of beef. Mock tender is a tougher roast that must be prepared differently than actual tenderloin. Stewing is often effective when the mock tender is cubed or cut into steaks; roasting might result in tough, chewy meat. Braising is typically considered the easiest and most effective approach.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

It does say it's tougher.......you are right... :undecided:

Mock tender roast is also known as chuck eye, chuck filet, medallion pot roast and Scotch tender, according to the Texas Beef Council. The roast is called a mock tender because it is similar in appearance to a beef tenderloin; beef tenderloin is widely regarded as one of the most tender cuts of beef. Mock tender is a tougher roast that must be prepared differently than actual tenderloin. Stewing is often effective when the mock tender is cubed or cut into steaks; roasting might result in tough, chewy meat. Braising is typically considered the easiest and most effective approach.
WELL.......... if it aint chef boy-are-dee!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: morning rebby!!!!!!!!!! :moon: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning munchkin!  :smiley:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So do you think it will be tough if I just throw it in the oven for 2 or 3 hours with veggies water etc?

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I dunno...I'd do the low and slow on it, like pork, Barry. With some liquid broth in there, taters and veggies, and kept covered, it should be good.....I'd set the oven at about 300*. Any lower and veggies will take forever. Hint: Someones I "pre-cook" the veggies...throw in a big covered bowl and microwave for 4-5 minutes, then into the oven.  That's just my two cents worth.... :undecided:
« Last Edit: March 03/25/18, 10:41:37 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS That chuck eye is about the third tenderest cut on the whole cow.Cook it like a ribroast or cut as steaks an grill or dry fry to Rare Med rare.I picked one up last week for $4.99 a lb thought that was a steal!

Edit.. If I am not mistaken the chuckeye is a extension of the ribeye where it continues into the chuck/shoulder

nother edit>>>https://www.google.com/search?q=What+is+a+beef+chuck+eye&oq=What+is+a+beef+chuck+eye&aqs=chrome..69i57.21888j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

« Last Edit: March 03/25/18, 11:08:17 AM by dew2 »
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LITTLE NEIGHBORHOOD EXCITEMENT THIS MORNING/  appears the ambulance is at the neighbors!!!!! yea my favorite one!! still hope its not serious, hate to see that.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
OK per all of the great info I got from yous guys I am going to turn the regular chuck roast that I also bought into a pot roast.  (my fave)  I will freeze the mock tender and some other time I will braise (cook the hell out of it) and try using it as sandwich meat. 

Man I hope your neighbor is ok Glenn. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, never wanna see that. Not good.  :undecided:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
never hope that on any one....

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
hey REB.............your favorite pizza is a bargain at holiday stations!!!! :happy1: 5 for 25 bucks. i tried posting a picture again but isn't cooperating!!!!!!!!! :bonk: :bonk: :doah: :censored: :mad1: :confused: :confused:

yea the lotza motza!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, Lotza Shmotza!   Get a bunch and feed 'em to yer dogs! WAIT, no! Don't do that; that would be cruelty to animals!  :doah:    :rotflmao:

Funny ya brought that up....I'm havin' a Roadhouse Loaded double-down deluxe!   :tongue:

« Last Edit: March 03/25/18, 03:55:39 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
my wife cooked last nite!!!!!!!! :pouty: so we had pizza delivered from da local pizza joint!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1:

tonight glenn is cookin.......... pheasant, smashed taters and a veggie of some sort. probably the last of my garden green beans!!!!!!